We don't need a WR in this draft

major

Uhhhhh, OK. Steve Johnson may be a great WR in the making, but there's a couple of guys that I'd take a late round shot on like Jamarko Simmons for one. Oh, and I think we know what # is on his jersey :lol: If Crabtree falls into our lap though, and we don't take the guy, we'll be missing out on a Pro Bowl WR for sure. He's surely the greatest WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald was coming out of Pitt.

He's surely the greatest WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald was coming out of Pitt.

lmao...Um, Calvin Johnson was the greatest WR prospect to come out since Fitz and is viewed by many as the greatest WR prospect (going into a draft) to ever come out. If Calvin was in the draft too, I guarantee he would be chosen ahead of Crabtree.

That being said, Charles Rogers was the "the greatest WR prospect since Moss" and there were a host of others that have fallen into this category or a similar category too that didnt pan out in the NFL.

We dont need a WR with #11 pick...it wont fix our offense or win us games. We dont have a QB who even likes to throw to our WR's, even when wide open.

Our WR's are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Coincidentally, most the people screaming for a new WR are also the biggest Trent supporters too as they like to blame our offensive woes on everyone but Trent. Its not hard to beat him...just hurry him and take away the hot route while leaving open his check down at the line of scrimmage so he can just dump it off.

We need to address our pass rush with #11 pick...not really debateable.

Uhhhhh, OK. Steve Johnson may be a great WR in the making, but there's a couple of guys that I'd take a late round shot on like Jamarko Simmons for one. Oh, and I think we know what # is on his jersey :lol: If Crabtree falls into our lap though, and we don't take the guy, we'll be missing out on a Pro Bowl WR for sure. He's surely the greatest WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald was coming out of Pitt.

Yeah, let's follow the Matt Millen formula of drafting... worked out great for him.

We already have a great WR in the making. His name is Steve Johnson and his number is 13.

yes, those 10 catches in 11 games (including a career high 3 against the vaunted Brown defense) must have our divisional opponents lining up to sign defensive backs that can contain him.

while you're at it, what jersey number does Alvin Bowen wear, since he's likely to be our defensive mvp next season?

lmao...Um, Calvin Johnson was the greatest WR prospect to come out since Fitz and is viewed by many as the greatest WR prospect (going into a draft) to ever come out. If Calvin was in the draft too, I guarantee he would be chosen ahead of Crabtree.

That being said, Charles Rogers was the "the greatest WR prospect since Moss" and there were a host of others that have fallen into this category or a similar category too that didnt pan out in the NFL.

We dont need a WR with #11 pick...it wont fix our offense or win us games. We dont have a QB who even likes to throw to our WR's, even when wide open.

Our WR's are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Coincidentally, most the people screaming for a new WR are also the biggest Trent supporters too as they like to blame our offensive woes on everyone but Trent. Its not hard to beat him...just hurry him and take away the hot route while leaving open his check down at the line of scrimmage so he can just dump it off.

We need to address our pass rush with #11 pick...not really debateable.

Well, if we had Peyton Manning at QB, then adding weapons to the offense is a way to "fix" the defense. Well, more properly it is a way to paper over the gaping holes in the defense by, hopefully, jumping out to big leads and forcing the opponent to be one dimensional.

I like Crabtree a lot and I think it would be hard not to take him. Unless his workout is through the roof I'd say its a slightly less than 50/50 chance he falls to us right now. But the draft is in about 100 days. Plenty of time for things to transpire.

Also I agree that Calvin Johnson is the best reciever prospect to come out as long as I have closely been following the draft. Fitzgerald was more polished though and is a truly phenomenal player. I also agree that if Crabtree truly is that good then we would be foolish to pass him up.

Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald were two can't miss WR's and the two greatest WRs I have ever seen coming out of college. To lump Charles Rogers in with them is laughable. Anyone that watched the 3 of them play in college knows there is no comparison

Yeah, let's follow the Matt Millen formula of drafting... worked out great for him.

Why is it, that whenever someone suggests taking a WR in the 1st round, someone pipes in, denegrates that poster, and compares him to matt millen?

Crabtree is the pick if he is there at 11. and matt millen knows more about football than 95% of the posters on TBD.

1- lmao...Um, Calvin Johnson was the greatest WR prospect to come out since Fitz and is viewed by many as the greatest WR prospect (going into a draft) to ever come out. If Calvin was in the draft too, I guarantee he would be chosen ahead of Crabtree.

2- Our WR's are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Coincidentally, most the people screaming for a new WR are also the biggest Trent supporters too as they like to blame our offensive woes on everyone but Trent. Its not hard to beat him...just hurry him and take away the hot route while leaving open his check down at the line of scrimmage so he can just dump it off.

3- We need to address our pass rush with #11 pick...not really debateable.

1- Crabtree is a lock Pro Bowl player within 2 years. Write it down, take a picture, quote it and put it up as your signature, whatever. If he doesn't get seriously injured, he WILL put up big numbers. The guy is as polished and as ready to go for the NFL as Fitzgerald was is what I was saying. He's fast, strong, a precise route runner, and has hands that seem to have been manufactured by Elmer's. Calvin Johnson, I forgot about. Sue me, he plays for Detroit.

2- And what people would they be? Themselves or the QB's that are supposed to be throwing them the ball? Coincidentally, I really don't care for TrINT as our starting QB also, if you haven't noticed already :unsure:

3- And what would you do if Aaron Curry fell into our lap at the #11 pick? Would you take him? It wouldn't really be addressing the "pass rush". Would the #11 pick be able to be debated then? LMTO at all of you who have everything figured out :ph34r:

Why do we go through this same process YEAR AFTER YEAR! No one, not even the SO CALLED EXPERTS can properly predict the draft or even GAMES for that matter! There are just as many hits as there are misses! For every Peyton Manning there is a Ryan Leaf or a Tom Brady! For every Fitzgerald there is a Rogers or a Andre Reed or Jerry Rice! Lets just hope we get lucky and the guy we pick in the 1st round can produce; just thank god we don't have a top 5 pick that if it goes wrong would set the franchise back for this is the LAST thing this team needs is a setback!

Why is it, that whenever someone suggests taking a WR in the 1st round, someone pipes in, denegrates that poster, and compares him to matt millen?

Crabtree is the pick if he is there at 11. and matt millen knows more about football than 95% of the posters on TBD.

I know I could have taken the Lions to at least 0-16 this year, maybe I'm in that 5% though.... :unsure:

Look - every draft pick could go horribly wrong. You can draft a can't-miss, next-Bruce Smith DE and end up with another Erik Flowers. So you just have to go with the best information you have. A Crabtree pick going bust isn't any worse for us than Everette Brown going bust.

So if we think there's a good chance Crabtree will be a Randy Moss/Larry Fitz caliber WR, I think there's absolutely no question that we draft him at #11. You don't leave that kind of talent on the board to address a need. However, with ten teams in front of us, there's no way Crabtree drops to us if the consensus opinion of the scouts is that he's an All-Pro.