USC QB Mark Sanchez set to declare for the draft

With Bradford out, USC QB Mark Sanchez is set to cash in. Literally.

And seeing how he thrashed the Nittany Lions with his 28 for 35 passing, piling up 413 yards and 4 TDs with zero picks, he's a first rounder for sure.

The Combine is going to be exciting as Sanchez and Stafford battle for top QB honors, and the likely right to go number one overall.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3833465

Sanchez was heads and shoulders better looking than Bradford from my point of view this year. That being said, I dont think either was really ready for the NFL because of limited starting experience. I will say however, Bradfords stock may not of gotten much higher, but I think it was higher than Sanchez's. Now that Bradford is out, and I dont think Stafford is the greatest, I see Sanchez being the top QB come April, even if he is lacking starting experience.

With Bradford out, USC QB Mark Sanchez is set to cash in. Literally.

And seeing how he thrashed the Nittany Lions with his 28 for 35 passing, piling up 413 yards and 4 TDs with zero picks, he's a first rounder for sure.

The Combine is going to be exciting as Sanchez and Stafford battle for top QB honors, and the likely right to go number one overall.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3833465

I think he ends up being the 2nd QB taken and will be there at #11...do you think the FO throws a curve ball and considers him, especially if he has a strong combine? I don't think its likely, but I also thought Ngata was a lock for us to take that year when they took Whitner.

I think he ends up being the 2nd QB taken and will be there at #11...do you think the FO throws a curve ball and considers him, especially if he has a strong combine? I don't think its likely, but I also thought Ngata was a lock for us to take that year when they took Whitner.

Not another California quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not another California quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO...I didnt say take him, I just asked if you see the FO surprising everyone again.

By the way, Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel are CA QB's...I would take either hands down over TE right now...I am not in love with Cassel, but at least he passes downfield.

"Mark is going against the grain on this decision and he knows that," said Carroll, a former NFL head coach. "He knows that coming out early is a tremendous challenge for a quarterback and the statistics don't back up that it's easy to be successful in the way that he's going about it. We've seen successes and we've seen guys come up short on this deal. We hope this works out beautifully for Mark and his family."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/01/w...pete-carro.html

Smart move by Dirty Sanchez. Come out this season, and you're easily the #2 QB on the board. You could be taken in the top 10, and at the very least you shouldn't fall out of the 1st round, guaranteeing a decent payday. Next season, he'd have to fight against the likes of McCoy, Bradford, etc.

anybody catch the press conference on espn yesterday? Carol looked absolutely p*ssed & dumbfounded that Sanchez was going, like he pretty much knows that the guy is not ready for the NFL. Then at the end, he barely acknowledge him as he hurried out. I have really never seen a scene like this before. If his own coach does not think he is ready, I would be really hesitant in using a high pick on this guy. I have seen him play quite a bit this year. Got to say I agree with carol's opinion. This guy has bust written all over him imo.

Sanchez was heads and shoulders better looking than Bradford from my point of view this year. That being said, I dont think either was really ready for the NFL because of limited starting experience. I will say however, Bradfords stock may not of gotten much higher, but I think it was higher than Sanchez's. Now that Bradford is out, and I dont think Stafford is the greatest, I see Sanchez being the top QB come April, even if he is lacking starting experience.

Are you on crack? Obviously you didn't see Bradford Play that much this season!?! Or else you would of never of made that comment!!

Seriously though, why wouldn't this guy come out early after he saw how badly staying one more year cost Brady Quinn. Football is a game, but there also is a huge payday. Ryan Leaf sucked, and was a huge bust, but I bet he isn't running a machine in a factory somewhere. Instead he probably won't ever have to work again.

Maybe the kid is smart enough to punch his own ticket first and worry about the HOF later.

Nobody knows how good Sanchez is going to be because he hasn't played anybody. I would stay away from him because USC offensive players have don sh*t in the NFL. Trade up for Orakpo please!

How could you say he has not played anybody? Who would you like him to play? He played the #8 team in the country in penn St, played the #5 team in the country(at the time) in Ohio St, played oregon St, played Oregon, played Arizona, played Cal. All those teams were top 25 or around the top 25 all year. I am not sold on Sanchez but that is a stupid thing to say.