Frank Reich new QB coach in Indy

You say you are not racist but you sure sound it, and you sound uneducated. You are probably one of those people that says there should be a NAAWP, or there should be a unicef for white people. Look at the spirit of the rule. It is to make sure that people from another background are offered the same opportunity as white people. If you look at the numbers of head coaches it still doesn't make sense. There is a much larger percentage of minorities as players and the coaching staffs should also represent that number.

If you have ever studied law-- white educated men are not a protected group, by law. There hasn't been cases of gross discrimination against the educated white male, like there have been against all other classes of people. Therefore, laws are in place to ensure a fair opportunity. The NFL created the Rooney rule to garantee that minorities get the same opportunities as everybody else.

Go wear your sheet in private but your true colors are showing here.

Wow, you are a complete idiot. Are people against affirmative action racist too? I'd like to know when complaining about rules that apply to certain people because of the color of their skin became racist. Somehow, I don't think that believing the rooney rule to be BS requires you to think your race is superior. (which is the definition of racism)

The NFL really ticks me off. I know this post is about Frank Reich and I hope that he does well; he's a total class act. The reason the NFL gets me so upset is because of the hiring system put in place. Before I go any further I would like to tell everyone that I am not a racist and that some of my very good friends are African-American. How does the NFL allow Jim Caldwell to become the head coach of the Colts without even interviewing a white guy??? Why is it that the ONLY rule in place is that a black man gets interviewed? The NFL does not care if a hispanic, latino, white, or chinese guy gets interviewed, as long as one of the candadites is black. When Marvin Lewis got hired in Cincinnati it was the same deal. Lewis got hired before a white guy was even interviewed. The Detroit Lions got chastised when they chose Mariucci a few years back and didn't follow the league guidelines to bring in a black man for an interview. The bottom line is that I think the teams should interview and select who they want. I really have no problem with the Colts wanting Caldwell. My problem is that the NFL allows the system to only work in order to benefit blacks and that is not fair. Blacks probably make up 85% of the NFL players but how come white people aren't bitching about how teams are drafting mostly black players and picking up mainly black free agents. How come we don't have a rule to say that a certain number of white players need to be brought in to camp prior to the cut down. Why? because that would be rediculous. Teams have the right to choose who they think are the best players to bring to camp and therefore they should be allowed to interview who they feel are the best HC canadites as well. Fair is Fair...

It's called Reverse Disrcrimination and it is not just limited to the NFL. Like you, I have friends who are African American.

Hey.. wait a second.. ponder this:

Once the Latino population eclipses all, caucasians will be a minority technically, so there you are! They will have to change all of the laws, et al, to reflect this change. That will be SO funny...

To get to the post about the Caldwell hire, get real, it is really needed. However, college football has a HUGE problem.. much worse than the NFL, and they have no Rooney rule.

You say you are not racist but you sure sound it, and you sound uneducated. You are probably one of those people that says there should be a NAAWP, or there should be a unicef for white people. Look at the spirit of the rule. It is to make sure that people from another background are offered the same opportunity as white people. If you look at the numbers of head coaches it still doesn't make sense. There is a much larger percentage of minorities as players and the coaching staffs should also represent that number.

If you have ever studied law-- white educated men are not a protected group, by law. There hasn't been cases of gross discrimination against the educated white male, like there have been against all other classes of people. Therefore, laws are in place to ensure a fair opportunity. The NFL created the Rooney rule to garantee that minorities get the same opportunities as everybody else.

You say you are not racist but you sure sound it, and you sound uneducated.

I have to agree with your other critics on this post. Either you completely missed the posts' intent, or you should get out more.

BTW, way to hi-jack a thread.. :wallbash:

Best wishes Frank!

About me being a racist. I have been coaching inner city basketbll for 15 years and love all my players like they were family. I average about 1 or 2 white players on my team each year. I knew that someone would use those words on me; theirs always someone that likes to play the race card. I am happy for Caldwell and I think he'll do a great job. I thought Dungy was awesome and his character shines. I only questioned the fact that it's not right that only one race needs to be interviewed to declare the interview as fair. As far as my education Fingon: I am a teacher with a masters degree and before I was a teacher I was a deputy sheriff and yes I did have to study the laws. Have a nice day...

Yeah, it's his fault he can't make chicken salad out of the ingredients he's given.

No idea what you're on about. Chicken Salad and Alex Van Pelt? Yeah, he probably doesn't eat a lot of that. I'm guessing he's more of a burger/fries guy.

In case you didn't read it properly, I like the idea of our former back-ups being quarterback coaches around the league and here.

The NFL really ticks me off. I know this post is about Frank Reich and I hope that he does well; he's a total class act. The reason the NFL gets me so upset is because of the hiring system put in place. Before I go any further I would like to tell everyone that I am not a racist and that some of my very good friends are African-American. How does the NFL allow Jim Caldwell to become the head coach of the Colts without even interviewing a white guy??? Why is it that the ONLY rule in place is that a black man gets interviewed? The NFL does not care if a hispanic, latino, white, or chinese guy gets interviewed, as long as one of the candadites is black. When Marvin Lewis got hired in Cincinnati it was the same deal. Lewis got hired before a white guy was even interviewed. The Detroit Lions got chastised when they chose Mariucci a few years back and didn't follow the league guidelines to bring in a black man for an interview. The bottom line is that I think the teams should interview and select who they want. I really have no problem with the Colts wanting Caldwell. My problem is that the NFL allows the system to only work in order to benefit blacks and that is not fair. Blacks probably make up 85% of the NFL players but how come white people aren't bitching about how teams are drafting mostly black players and picking up mainly black free agents. How come we don't have a rule to say that a certain number of white players need to be brought in to camp prior to the cut down. Why? because that would be rediculous. Teams have the right to choose who they think are the best players to bring to camp and therefore they should be allowed to interview who they feel are the best HC canadites as well. Fair is Fair...

Ease up a little ... I highly doubt white coaches can make much of an argument over this. However, your point about the Rooney rule targeting black coaches is interesting. I wonder if the league os trying to do anything to support player and coach development among other minority groups.

I believe that any rule/law/policy that favors any race over the other is just wrong. That said, Indy has had Caldwell on their staff for years and they obviously feel that he is head coach material. Teams should be able to hire whoever they want and interview whoever they want.

The one gap attacking style of defense isn't the problem; finding linebackers that can cover the holes in the zones is. Jim Mora Jr. thrives on that style, without being passive in his defense. Even Minnesota, despite its Tampa 2 leanings, uses the Williams Wall to implode the interior of the line and Jared Allen to terrorize the outside. Heck, the "creep" Fewell uses from time to time is something akin to the 3-4 rather than a 4-3.

I know some of y'all hate the Tampa 2, but hate the coverage not necessarily the methodology and/or attitude of it....

Well, that is pretty much what I was saying. The defense is fine, if you can find the right talent to run it. It appears, more and more, it is losing popularity with teams, because they can't find that talent. So, the Colts, like the Bills I think, have been trying to chase this rainbow, and are now giving up, becuase they are stuck with a bunch of smallish defensive players, that aren't good enough for the Tampa 2, and probably aren't top talent to run another, more conventional offense.

The Bills defense has some okay games, but every time I see guys like Ryan Denney dropping into pass coverage, and Posluszny getting his lunch stuffed back down his throat, frankly, it is embarassing to watch. It happens as often as it doesn't...

Well, that is pretty much what I was saying. The defense is fine, if you can find the right talent to run it. It appears, more and more, it is losing popularity with teams, because they can't find that talent. So, the Colts, like the Bills I think, have been trying to chase this rainbow, and are now giving up, becuase they are stuck with a bunch of smallish defensive players, that aren't good enough for the Tampa 2, and probably aren't top talent to run another, more conventional offense.

The Bills defense has some okay games, but every time I see guys like Ryan Denney dropping into pass coverage, and Posluszny getting his lunch stuffed back down his throat, frankly, it is embarassing to watch. It happens as often as it doesn't...

I couldn't agree with you more. The players that have been put in place are the problem not the system. Unfortunately at this point we are only above average in the secondary and subpar everywhere else on D. It's not going to happen in one offseason either. Standby for more mediocre results from this side of the ball. As a bonus alot of our mediocrity is going to be around for awhile and overpaid as well.

He was annoited coaching in waiting just like Wade Phillips was in Bufflao and Bill Belechick was with the Jets. It does happen when contracts are written that way.