Jeff Fisher upset at non-call!!!

Corp000085

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what the backjudge did. He was looking at the jumbotron (which is where the play clock is according to the article). When he sees it at 0, he looks down to see if the ball is/was being snapped. It was, so no flag.

Ya know, instead of bellyaching,the titans could have actually made the stop on that play and rendered the point moot.

No excuse for not being flagged & it was not even close. I do not know what is so hard about flagging the o for delay of game. But you see it time & time again where the play clock runs out & it is not flagged. The only explanation is that the backjudge drops the ball & is not paying attention to the play clock. I dont care what the article says, if the play clock on the jumbotron was the same as the one they had on the bottom of the tv it should of been flagged & like I said it was not even close.

The titans should of stopped them on 3rd down. horrible break down in the coverage.

No excuse for not being flagged & it was not even close. I do not know what is so hard about flagging the o for delay of game. But you see it time & time again where the play clock runs out & it is not flagged. The only explanation is that the backjudge drops the ball & is not paying attention to the play clock. I dont care what the article says, if the play clock on the jumbotron was the same as the one they had on the bottom of the tv it should of been flagged & like I said it was not even close.

The titans should of stopped them on 3rd down. horrible break down in the coverage.

You see it time and time again because the backjudge can't both watch the ball being snapped and the play clock, dumbass. It takes 1-1.5 seconds to go from watching the ball to looking at the play clock (especially if it is up on the jumbotron) to go back to looking at the ball. They snapped the ball about 1-1.5 seconds after the clock hit 0.

No excuse for not being flagged & it was not even close. I do not know what is so hard about flagging the o for delay of game. But you see it time & time again where the play clock runs out & it is not flagged.

Generally there is about a half-second leeway in that rule. But this one was more like 1.5 seconds -- an eternity to make that call.

Apparently the gift non-call of forward lateral must have slipped his mind. Although I hated to see Willis McMoron's team win, I have to give credit to the football gods for screwing over the previously anointed AFC Champion Titans. The football gods have given the gift of tit-for-tat to the boo hooing titans!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3826899

I hope Willis gets a superbowl ring

i thought the same thing as I watched his team get screwed...

"shove the homerun throwback up your ass Jeff!"

Shove it up Greer and Linton's as well- they wanted to be heroes instead of playing their assignments

Shove it up Greer and Linton's as well- they wanted to be heroes instead of playing their assignments

Greer was 17 years old when the Music City Forward Pass happened. Kinda hard to pin the blame on him...

You see it time and time again because the backjudge can't both watch the ball being snapped and the play clock, dumbass. It takes 1-1.5 seconds to go from watching the ball to looking at the play clock (especially if it is up on the jumbotron) to go back to looking at the ball. They snapped the ball about 1-1.5 seconds after the clock hit 0.

Is it too much to expect the backjudge to look at the playclock & see double 00s & look at the line & realize the ball has not been hiked & throw the flag? I could see if it was a bang/bang play but it was not. There was at least 2 seond differential. The ref blew it & it cost Tenn their season.

Have you ever been in a NFL stadium or any stadium for that matter? You could easily simultaneously look at the playclock & look when the ball is hiked in every stadium I have been to. It is a poor excuse for the ref not throwing the flag.

Is it too much to expect the backjudge to look at the playclock & see double 00s & look at the line & realize the ball has not been hiked & throw the flag? I could see if it was a bang/bang play but it was not. There was at least 2 seond differential. The ref blew it & it cost Tenn their season.

Have you ever been in a NFL stadium or any stadium for that matter? You could easily simultaneously look at the playclock & look when the ball is hiked in every stadium I have been to. It is a poor excuse for the ref not throwing the flag.

Since your reading comprehension is subpar, here you go.

The play clock at LP Field is located on the Jumbotron scoreboard, not at field level.

So now the ref is supposed to watch the ball and the jumbotron simultaneously? Read the rule. When the backjudge sees the clock hit 0, he's supposed to look and see if the ball is being snapped. If it is, there is no penalty. If not, he throws the flag. Perhaps if Tennessee had a play clock at field level, the ref would have been a fraction of a second faster and it would have been a penalty.

In either case, the penalty had no bearing on the play. Its not like the titans defense stood up and walked to the huddle when the play clock hit 0. They had every chance to make a play on 3rd down and didn't. They should be blaming themselves, NOT the officials. Its not like the ravens got away with a facemask or blatant hold or pass interference. Delay of game doesn't impact the current play.

That being said, i agree with the posters above who said that a buzzer or horn or some type of signal would be a better method of judging when the clock hit 0.

Apparently the gift non-call of forward lateral must have slipped his mind. Although I hated to see Willis McMoron's team win, I have to give credit to the football gods for screwing over the previously anointed AFC Champion Titans. The football gods have given the gift of tit-for-tat to the boo hooing titans!

I am as big of a Bills fan as there is, but even I have to admit the Music City Miracle was NOT a forward lateral and has been proven not to be a forward lateral countless times. Bills fans need to get over this and accept that our HORRIBLE Special Teams coverage on that play is why we lost the game as the officials got a VERY CLOSE call correct on this play. And this is from someone who was screaming about this during the play, but accpeted the decision after several replays and computer analysis showed it to be a almost exact lateral pass...regardless, it was close to judge and the officials (probably through dumb luck) got this call right.

I am as big of a Bills fan as there is, but even I have to admit the Music City Miracle was NOT a forward lateral and has been proven not to be a forward lateral countless times. Bills fans need to get over this and accept that our HORRIBLE Special Teams coverage on that play is why we lost the game as the officials got a VERY CLOSE call correct on this play. And this is from someone who was screaming about this during the play, but accpeted the decision after several replays and computer analysis showed it to be a almost exact lateral pass...regardless, it was close to judge and the officials (probably through dumb luck) got this call right.

There is no way to tell on that play- and I don't fault the officials at all. Based on replay, the call wouldn't have been overturned either way

Thank you!