DraftTek Mock Draft

Astrobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, we have had an endless string of slow white pitiful talentless tight ends that have been way worse than our endless string of slow white pitiful talentless defensive ends.

In Madden 07 Robert Royal is a white guy. Maybe they know something we don't.

In Madden 07 Robert Royal is a white guy. Maybe they know something we don't.

I think the Bills have been cloning their below-average TEs for years now, starting with Jay Riemersma.

But wait! Jay was good, BGiM!

Ah yes, but you all forget the main points of cloning. Using Multiplicity rules, if we continue to clone the same thing over and over again it will become diluted, much like making a copy of a copy. So unfortunately in 2009, the Derek Fine clone is clearly inferior to its 1997 original.

And before you ask, the cloning facility is located in the Field House. Or in the Sunoco station across the street.

This begs the question: If Pettigrew and Maulaluga are there, and you short yourself a TE or a OLB on Day 1, how do you play it?

I would short myself the TE. We need some attitude on defense and Maualuga will bring it. Find yourself a TE later in the draft or via FA.

They still have Alex Mack on the board 2/3 of the way through the 2nd round. Very realistic and we didn't take him :rolleyes:

Assuming the Bills don't score a Center in FA, they had better jump on a good one in the draft. If Mack is the best, and he is available in Rd #2, I would hope that they grab him...and his secret world.

For what it's worth, I have it on good authority, that not bagging a Center last offseason, was the main lament of the Bills FO, at the start of the season.

Assuming the Bills don't score a Center in FA, they had better jump on a good one in the draft. If Mack is the best, and he is available in Rd #2, I would hope that they grab him...and his secret world.

For what it's worth, I have it on good authority, that not bagging a Center last offseason, was the main lament of the Bills FO, at the start of the season.

:rolleyes:

Nice reference. I wonder how many pick up on it?

What do people think of Larry English from Northern Illinois. I personally do not know anything about him, but I was reading in Bills Digest about him being a possible pick for the Bills at 11. No way can you draft him at 11, but he just might be there for us in the 2nd. Would you prefer English or Shaughnessy? I am thinking that Rey Mag (sp.) from USC in the first and either English or Shaughnessy in the second is the way to go. Address your center in free agency and I think we have a serviceable tight end in Fine.......tight end is the last priority on my wish list. We need to build a dominant defense first because that is how championships are won.......look at who is left in the playoffs.

haha., yeah. barefoot. he is very good too. I think he kicks for S. Miss?

I would be all about grabbing Caldwell in the 3rd round. However, he may go before that in the late 2nd round. Maybe get a late second round pick from trading down in round 1 and use that for Caldwell.

They must get either Mack or Caldwell out of this draft.

I am really hoping they deal with their DL before the draft. I dont want them to be forced to pick the best DE available.

So:

If Curry or Oher are available at pick 11. Pick him.

if not:

Trade down and get TE (Gresham or Pettigrew)

Round 2 pick 11 Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

Late Round 2 pick Caldwell

Rest of the draft go with Best Player Available (or who our warped front office thinks is best)

1---Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St

2---Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin

3---Antoine Caldwell OC Alabama

4--Darrius Passmore WR Marshall

5---Andy Kemp OG Wisconsin

6---Lee Robinson OLB Alcorn State

Source: http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Not bad. However, we leave Rey Maualuga ILB on the board in the first round, and don't draft a OLB until Round 6. I mean, I know Crowell is interested in returning, but...

I used DraftTek's online simulator and took Maualuga in Round 1, and here's the results:

1---Rey Maualuga ILB USC

2---Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin

3---Antoine Caldwell OC Alabama

Every pick they have for us is a reach, according to their own rankings. I don't think we should take a tight end in the first, we need a pass rushing beast....unless we sign one in free agency. We do need to improve the OL, and I'd take a tight end in the second. Chase Coffman.

I know I have a Missouri thing going, but any draft source that doesn't have Chase Daniel in the top 300 is idiotic. He is a great football player.

This begs the question: If Pettigrew and Maulaluga are there, and you short yourself a TE or a OLB on Day 1, how do you play it?

I would short myself the TE. We need some attitude on defense and Maualuga will bring it. Find yourself a TE later in the draft or via FA.

Like Derek Fine, Derek Schouman, Robert Royal, Courtney Anderson, Teyo Johnson, Ryan Neufeld, Brad Cieslak, Michael Gaines, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, Dan O'Leary, Bobby Collins, Sheldon Jackson, Pat Fitzgerald, Tony Cline, Lonnie Johnson, A.J. Ofodile, Vince Morrow, and Stephen Clark?

How many more years are you going to "short yourself the TE" and "find one later in the draft or FA"? Because that's just the last 18.

Like Derek Fine, Derek Schouman, Robert Royal, Courtney Anderson, Teyo Johnson, Ryan Neufeld, Brad Cieslak, Michael Gaines, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, Dan O'Leary, Bobby Collins, Sheldon Jackson, Pat Fitzgerald, Tony Cline, Lonnie Johnson, A.J. Ofodile, Vince Morrow, and Stephen Clark?

How many more years are you going to "short yourself the TE" and "find one later in the draft or FA"? Because that's just the last 18.

We really don't know what Fine or Schouman can do...do we (I don't...if you do count yourself better than I)? Do I think we need to get better at the position? Yes. Do I think any TE will have the immediate and long term (outside of injury) impact on the team that Maualuga will have? No, I do not.