Cris Carter

Dan

But it's driving me nuts. Is he really this dumb or does he do it on purpose just to give the other guys something to say?

He thinks Philly is a joke because they tied Cinci this year. So, no matter what they do since then, Philly is undeserving.

Sproles is no good because he's too small. What was he doing last weekend?

And on... Sorry. Just had to vent a little. But, he's just so dumb it's pissing me off and about to make me turn on the horrid Fox pregame.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And on... Sorry. Just had to vent a little. But, he's just so dumb it's pissing me off and about to make me turn on the horrid Fox pregame.

Your pregame will undoubtedly be more enjoyable if you turn off the TV and put on some tunes until about 1:01PM. :unsure:

He needs a thorough B word-slapping. Easily the worst I've seen/heard in a long time, even Emmitt & Steve ZZZZZZZZZZZZ Young are great in comparison.
I take that back, it's not that he's the worst (though he's sure not good), but the most annoying... that's why he needs to be slapped hard.

But it's driving me nuts. Is he really this dumb or does he do it on purpose just to give the other guys something to say?

He thinks Philly is a joke because they tied Cinci this year. So, no matter what they do since then, Philly is undeserving.

And the Giants are less of a joke after getting blown out by Cleveland during the regular season? :unsure:

You should vent. These ex-athletes and coaches are mostly pathetic as announcers, hosts and commentators. Trent Dilfer is really great at stating the obvious with passion. Marino, Sharpe & Cowher have yet to get through a game highlight between them without screwing up names and scores and anything else they try to describe. They must get paid per "uh, um and I-mean". Jimmy Johnson has not had one original thought about any team, game or player since he's been on Fox.

Terry Bradshaw is at least sometimes funny. Howie Long is on the most part intelligent. Keyshawn Johnson is at least honest and says what he feels. There are really only two ex-athletes that I feel have become elite announcers: Tom Jackson and Boomer Esiason. And the very worst announcer is ironically the very best ex-athlete of them all: Emmit Smith. I cringe when Emmit speaks from the panel on Monday Night Football. He should have just stuck with dancing and the satisfaction of finishing his career as the all time leading rusher in history.

Your pregame will undoubtedly be more enjoyable if you turn off the TV and put on some tunes until about 1:01PM. :unsure:

Pretty much what I did. Let the wife put on E! and I did a few things. I feel better.

I take that back, it's not that he's the worst (though he's sure not good), but the most annoying... that's why he needs to be slapped hard.

Definitely annoying. Obviously, I was watching with the pregame on but only partially paying attention as I read the posts here (so obviously I don't mind dumb comments :doh: ). But every time you look up there's this idiot just talking as though he knows something when it's so clearly obvious he doesn't.

And the Giants are less of a joke after getting blown out by Cleveland during the regular season? :unsure:

You should vent. These ex-athletes and coaches are mostly pathetic as announcers, hosts and commentators. Trent Dilfer is really great at stating the obvious with passion. Marino, Sharpe & Cowher have yet to get through a game highlight between them without screwing up names and scores and anything else they try to describe. They must get paid per "uh, um and I-mean". Jimmy Johnson has not had one original thought about any team, game or player since he's been on Fox.

Terry Bradshaw is at least sometimes funny. Howie Long is on the most part intelligent. Keyshawn Johnson is at least honest and says what he feels. There are really only two ex-athletes that I feel have become elite announcers: Tom Jackson and Boomer Esiason. And the very worst announcer is ironically the very best ex-athlete of them all: Emmit Smith. I cringe when Emmit speaks from the panel on Monday Night Football. He should have just stuck with dancing and the satisfaction of finishing his career as the all time leading rusher in history.

Honestly, I can't comment of the quality of Sharpe's comments. I've never understood a word that's come out of his mouth.

Aikman is actually a good announcer, I'll add (IMO).

Pretty much what I did. Let the wife put on E! and I did a few things. I feel better.

Definitely annoying. Obviously, I was watching with the pregame on but only partially paying attention as I read the posts here (so obviously I don't mind dumb comments :unsure: ). But every time you look up there's this idiot just talking as though he knows something when it's so clearly obvious he doesn't.

Just imagine if he makes the HOF, his head will explode. That speech would set a record for most hot air... I really hope he has to wait a little longer.

Just imagine if he makes the HOF, his head will explode. That speech would set a record for most hot air... I really hope he has to wait a little longer.

God, I definitely won't watch that. But, on that, I hear people suggest Reed doesn't get in because stats alone don't tell the whole story - i.e. he wasn't a game changer. OK. But, when did Carter ever change any games? Sure he caught touchdowns in regular season games, but I don't recall him doing much at all in the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just wrong in my recollection.

jocks and high IQ...dont necc go together

There are a NUMBER of TERRIBLE former player analysts on TV including but not limited to Chris Carter, Marshal Faulk, Emmit Smith..........on & on

Which goes to show that you can be a great, HOF-caliber football player, but terrible with a mic in front of a camera. Apparently, all you need to be is a high-profile player or an ex-player with a wild personality to get a job like that.

Of the ex-players currently broadcasting, IMO, Aikman is easily the best of them with Daryl Johnston not far behind. I'd probably put Ron Jaworski in that list, also.