Cris Carter

Dan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are all forgetting the WORST play by play in the league, but he's not a former player... I can't listen to monday night football because of tony kornheiser. he annoys the sh-- out of me. and I happen to like Warren Sapp on Inside the NFL, I think thats one of the better football shows on TV. Phil Simms isn't bad either.

you are all forgetting the WORST play by play in the league, but he's not a former player... I can't listen to monday night football because of tony kornheiser. he annoys the sh-- out of me. and I happen to like Warren Sapp on Inside the NFL, I think thats one of the better football shows on TV. Phil Simms isn't bad either.

Yeha and as much as I hate to say it, Aikman and Moose are not bad either

Which goes to show that you can be a great, HOF-caliber football player, but terrible with a mic in front of a camera. Apparently, all you need to be is a high-profile player or an ex-player with a wild personality to get a job like that.

Of the ex-players currently broadcasting, IMO, Aikman is easily the best of them with Daryl Johnston not far behind. I'd probably put Ron Jaworski in that list, also.

Agreed & having a GOOD agent probably helps get an ex player a job. I would put Jaws at the top of the list of explayers that are good analysts.

Agreed & having a GOOD agent probably helps get an ex player a job. I would put Jaws at the top of the list of explayers that are good analysts.

I think Jaws is terrible. A 10 year old could 'break down' the film this guy gives us and he repeats all the same things over and over all the time. Yes, we know you don't like QBs that run, yes we know that QBs hips don't rotate as perfectly as they should, yes we know you're an ex-QB, yes we know Jaws but tell us something we don't know. The guy preaches such trivial stuff.

I think Jaws is terrible. A 10 year old could 'break down' the film this guy gives us and he repeats all the same things over and over all the time. Yes, we know you don't like QBs that run, yes we know that QBs hips don't rotate as perfectly as they should, yes we know you're an ex-QB, yes we know Jaws but tell us something we don't know. The guy preaches such trivial stuff.

I could not disagree any more vehemently.

It's a LOT harder to be an excellent analyst in the NFL than it is to be an excellent player in the NFL. An analyst is an incredibly hard job to be good at. Which is the reason that hardly any fan can name more than one or two that they even like, let alone think are very good or excellent. There have been only a couple "great" analysts ever, and one of the greatest, Madden, is hated by as many people as like him.

An analyst has to appeal to the everyday fan as well as the most astute serious fan (which is almost impossible), explain things that havent been said 10,000 times already, keep thinking of new ways to say the same thing, live, instantly, in a good voice, in a few seconds, with humility and humor, 100 times a game, every week for years.

It's a LOT harder to be an excellent analyst in the NFL than it is to be an excellent player in the NFL. An analyst is an incredibly hard job to be good at. Which is the reason that hardly any fan can name more than one or two that they even like, let alone think are very good or excellent. There have been only a couple "great" analysts ever, and one of the greatest, Madden, is hated by as many people as like him.

An analyst has to appeal to the everyday fan as well as the most astute serious fan (which is almost impossible), explain things that havent been said 10,000 times already, keep thinking of new ways to say the same thing, live, instantly, in a good voice, in a few seconds, with humility and humor, 100 times a game, every week for years.

I would settle for them just accurately describing the actual game that's playing in front of them.

BTW, I used to love Madden. I just think, like many people, he's stayed on long after he should have called it quits. He used to provide insight and good analysis. Now he just kinda babbles about whatever, making sure to mention Favre 2 or 3 times a minute.

I don't get all worked up by what color analysts say. You have to reaize, as much of a choad as everyone seems to think Chris Carter is, he has to say something. If everyone just said the same thing, there really wouldn't be any justification for the industry of covering sports. Remember, growing up in the "good old days" when your only choices were Chuck Healey, Rick Azar and Van Miller and Clip Smith on the weekends?

This is all the result of having too many people talking about something when there really isn't that much to say. I used to watch and read nearly everything I could get my hands/eyes on when it came to the Bills. Now, I find that there are posters here, just talking out of their asses that know as much, if not more as any of the pro analysts...it's grown ups talking about a game...

What I think is the funniest result of this weekend, is that so many of the smugsters started saying that the Cardinals had "no chance" to win a playoff games, about 6 weeks ago...I didn't hear anyone give them the tiniest of chaces last week, and certainly not this week...I hope they win the whole thing now....

But it's driving me nuts. Is he really this dumb or does he do it on purpose just to give the other guys something to say?

He thinks Philly is a joke because they tied Cinci this year. So, no matter what they do since then, Philly is undeserving.

Sproles is no good because he's too small. What was he doing last weekend?

And on... Sorry. Just had to vent a little. But, he's just so dumb it's pissing me off and about to make me turn on the horrid Fox pregame.

I find those guys entertaining for just that reason. :(

Which goes to show that you can be a great, HOF-caliber football player, but terrible with a mic in front of a camera. Apparently, all you need to be is a high-profile player or an ex-player with a wild personality to get a job like that.

Of the ex-players currently broadcasting, IMO, Aikman is easily the best of them with Daryl Johnston not far behind. I'd probably put Ron Jaworski in that list, also.

I'd put Jaws on top of the list.

I could not disagree any more vehemently.

Exactly. :lol:

I would settle for them just accurately describing the actual game that's playing in front of them.

BTW, I used to love Madden. I just think, like many people, he's stayed on long after he should have called it quits. He used to provide insight and good analysis. Now he just kinda babbles about whatever, making sure to mention Favre 2 or 3 times a minute.

When Madden worked with Pat Summerall he was the best and now he's just another guy who's hanging on way after he should have retired.

When Madden worked with Pat Summerall he was the best and now he's just another guy who's hanging on way after he should have retired.

Can't say that I completely agree... Madden was pretty bad, as Summerall went down hill... say like the last 2 or 3 years they were together, Summerall sounded lost, and Madden just was left to fill in all the gaps, and then he just started blathering on and on about the same things... those were the years when it became fashionable to lampoon Madden.

I happen to think Madden and Michaels are pretty good together on Sunday night games.

Warren Sapp was so FUN to listen to when he was a Buc & had his own radio show. He said things on that show that he can't say on television.

Cris Carter wants to be a relevant controversial blow hard. It's kinda hard for people to take you seriously and be one when you werent a blowhard during your playing career. He tried his hardest with the whole shooting TO in front of the media thing. The only problem Cris Carter has is that he is boring and no one cares what he has to say.