What did the Bills accomplish this season??

SKOOBY

They are not going to allow JP to go back & play high school football. You have a serious man crush on JP, because anyone who isn't blinded by love and has seen him play knows he sucks. A smart coach who plays to JP's strengths knows his biggest strength is being on the bench and to never let him on the field.

Given the track record of this coaching staff, nobody should be surprised if JP plays well somewhere in the future. JP's biggest problem is playing in the NFL farm system (the Bills) for too long. Trent should make a move to the big league now if he knows what's good for him.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everone that is putting JP's failures on him alone, will tell us all next year "It wasn't Trent's fault, he had terrible coaching,....on & on" Next year will tell how much was JP & how much was his surroundings that led to his failure in Buffalo.

Sorry but JP has had his chances in Buffalo. You may follow him to the next team stupid enough to sign him.

I will be here watching the Bills, & laughing at you Trent LOVERS when you make EXCUSES for him next year.

Where does the acknowledgement that JP has had his chance turn some of us into Trent lovers? Read my other posts, It has been my belief that the Bills must bring in a real #2 QB such that if Trent starts to slip again he sits on the bench. Trent may be the answer. JP is clearly not.

There are major issues at several positions. There is a serious issue with a coach who always seems to make the wrong call at crucial moments. There is no GM, and an owner who makes the call on more issues than I think most realize. The front office should be blown up, with a veritable football man hired to run the show. It didn't work with TD, but fearing it could happen again is just that: fear. And fear wins no football games. Winning in the NFL is produced when front offices have good personnel people who find and retain talent. Buffalo does not have that, at least not in abundance.

I'm not sure if Dockery was ever considered a top 15 NFL guard and have never seen anything calling him a superior talent at the position. Seeing him run onto the field is painful, as I've witnessed many times while attending games. His mobility is poor. Peters is not the issue, though his play was subpar this year. Again, it's convenient to blame the center, especially in a predominantly zone blocking scheme which shouldn't mean the guard depends on center play. But finding excuses in and of itself is convenient to pass the blame. Without looking it up, name Steve Hutchinson's center in Seattle. I'm sure you can't do it, yet league wide people knew how good that guy was before departing for Minnesota. So much so that he was a multiple All-Pro pick.

But it's convenient to make excuses if there's any hint of a mediocre to average player next to them. It's part of the reason some have an issue saying Whitner's not as talented. They blame the pass-rush, which is partly true. Then again, Adrian Wilson is quite productive minus a great front 7.

My point was simply that players on bad teams are generally rated as bad players.......and then miraculously become decent-good players when the team is clicking.

Anyone would think we have been a 1-15 team for the last 3 seasons by reading your posts. We have a horrendous FO......horrendous Coaches......and most of the players are terrible & need to be replaced......with only a handful of players 'good enough' to keep.

Where does the acknowledgement that JP has had his chance turn some of us into Trent lovers? Read my other posts, It has been my belief that the Bills must bring in a real #2 QB such that if Trent starts to slip again he sits on the bench. Trent may be the answer. JP is clearly not.

It turns you into a Trent lover because you are unwilling to acknowledge JP was DOOMED in Buffalo because of the circumstances on the Bills, such as the POOR teams he was on & the HORRIBLE coaching, yet Trents failures this past year were ALL blamed on the SAME things with Trent taking NONE of the blame for his shortcomings.

BTW - offer your best alternative. If not Trent then who fills the role?

I think Trent has shown FLASHES, but certainly has NOT done enough to cement his spot as the long term #1 QB (if the Bills had competent coaches, which they don't). It won't happen because Dick is still in charge, but I would like to see a Vet brought in (there are sure to be a number available) to compete with Trent for the #1 job in PRESEASON.

It turns you into a Trent lover because you are unwilling to acknowledge JP was DOOMED in Buffalo because of the circumstances on the Bills, such as the POOR teams he was on & the HORRIBLE coaching, yet Trents failures this past year were ALL blamed on the SAME things with Trent taking NONE of the blame for his shortcomings.

That pretty much sums-up the hypocrisy. But hey, I'll take a season like JP had in 2006 from Trent next year, and not complain.

All you people who blame poor coaching for JP's failure's are psychos-there's no nice way to put it!

He had Sam Wyche, one of the great offensive minds tudoring him his 1st two years. Aside from Wyche, the head coach, Mike Mularkey went to Atlanta & did quite well with Matt Ryan. Fairchild, Schonert & Van Pelt are nowhere near as bad when it comes to QB development as you psychos make them out to be. Just look at the guys you have skewered in the past: Henning, Gilbride, Wyche & Mularkey-all have succeeded with other QBs & offenses before & except for Wyche, after their Bills stints. Maybe it's the Bills talent evaluators & not the coaches you should be blaming. They're the ones year after year, who fail to get us enough quality players. JP is just an example of their failures.

Face it-you could resurrect the greatest QB coach of all time & the guy would have to just throw up his hands in disgust at the prospect of turning JP into a real QB.

Quit blaming the coaches & face reality-JP was, is & always will be an NFL bust. He just isn't good enough-and no matter what coaching he receives in the future, his future is best served out of the NFL.

Trent's failures this year were most likely injury related, it had nothing to do with JP's failures, which are from a lack of football related mental abilities to process information on the field fast enough for the NFL game. The coaching wasn't horrible, it was average.

One of the weakest starting parts of the Giants D last season, we really did it.

I am not Mitchell biggest fan, but you are way off on that one. Did you watch the Superbowl? Or better yet, did you watch in 2007 when the Giants came to Buffalo and showed us how the game is played, in the snow yet? Look up his stats for that game they include sacks, Ints, TDs , etc.

Anyone would think we have been a 1-15 team for the last 3 seasons by reading your posts. We have a horrendous FO......horrendous Coaches......and most of the players are terrible & need to be replaced......with only a handful of players 'good enough' to keep.

Way to take my statement to extremes. Then again, it's a natural reaction when fans want to forget how miserable this team was in 08. For the record, Buffalo had the second easiest schedule in 2008, yet could not improve on the supposedly injury marred 2007. And that was after making good UFA acquisitions, having a year under Edwards' belt, and getting rid of Fairchild.

The owner has gone into shell-mode and will make all big decisions, while refusing to hire a legitimate GM. The coach has proven he can't make good decisions in crunch time. The last few drafts aren't stellar, although a few players may succeed.

The truth is, some people are so used to losing that it doesn't bother them. To quote Vince Lombardi, "If you can accept losing, you can't win."

Trent's failures this year were most likely injury related, it had nothing to do with JP's failures, which are from a lack of football related mental abilities to process information on the field fast enough for the NFL game. The coaching wasn't horrible, it was average.

Which injury? Was it the concussion? Was it the groin? was it the shoulder? Trent is an INJURY PRONE average at best QB & JP is NO LONGER on the team so forget about him.

All you people who blame poor coaching for JP's failure's are psychos-there's no nice way to put it!

He had Sam Wyche, one of the great offensive minds tudoring him his 1st two years. Aside from Wyche, the head coach, Mike Mularkey went to Atlanta & did quite well with Matt Ryan. Fairchild, Schonert & Van Pelt are nowhere near as bad when it comes to QB development as you psychos make them out to be. Just look at the guys you have skewered in the past: Henning, Gilbride, Wyche & Mularkey-all have succeeded with other QBs & offenses before & except for Wyche, after their Bills stints. Maybe it's the Bills talent evaluators & not the coaches you should be blaming. They're the ones year after year, who fail to get us enough quality players. JP is just an example of their failures.

Face it-you could resurrect the greatest QB coach of all time & the guy would have to just throw up his hands in disgust at the prospect of turning JP into a real QB.

Quit blaming the coaches & face reality-JP was, is & always will be an NFL bust. He just isn't good enough-and no matter what coaching he receives in the future, his future is best served out of the NFL.

Dave Moore former TE for the Bucs & Bills & Ian Beckels former OT for the Bucs & Eagles have both said it is VERY DIFFICULT going from one coach to another. This was in a discussion on Ians show on WDAE in Tampa. They both said one coach will teach you to do something a certain way & the next coach will tell you to do it COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I beleive THAT is one of the things that hampered JP's development. Ian Beckles played as a Buc when Wyche was the coach & he thought Sam was a BAD coach.