DRC

SKOOBY

The thing about that is not just that Mckelvin returns kicks. He is amazing at it, and has a decent chance to be one of the best ever imo.

And, I think you know that I don't toss compliments all over the place to defensive backs. :unsure:

What changed to make it so? Remember his first few games returning kicks? He was stutter stepping. He was tentative. He made bad decisions. Then all of the sudden the difference was amazing from on week to the next. I wish I knew whether April sat him down and had a talk with him, or whether it was just a normal progression and McCorner finally 'got it'.

What changed to make it so? Remember his first few games returning kicks? He was stutter stepping. He was tentative. He made bad decisions. Then all of the sudden the difference was amazing from one week to the next. I wish I knew whether April sat him down and had a talk with him, or whether it was just a normal progression and McCorner finally 'got it'.

Bobby April and his coaching. :unsure: McGee was the same way when he first started returning kicks.

What changed to make it so? Remember his first few games returning kicks? He was stutter stepping. He was tentative. He made bad decisions. Then all of the sudden the difference was amazing from on week to the next. I wish I knew whether April sat him down and had a talk with him, or whether it was just a normal progression and McCorner finally 'got it'.

I do remember. A poster called him a "magnet for tacklers" and I agreed. My guess is that he was too tenative. Now, this kid has and uses multiple gears. He can actually run between defenders that are closing in on him. It is telling that teams are often unwilling to even kick him the ball. I don't blame them.

It is worth noting that MaGee is a very good return man in his own right, and was easily displaced. He might even be as fast as Leodis. I don't know, but McKelvin simply can explode, and nobody is gonna catch him when he gets loose.

I do remember. A poster called him a "magnet for tacklers" and I agreed. My guess is that he was too tenative. Now, this kid has and uses multiple gears. He can actually run between defenders that are closing in on him. It is telling that teams are often unwilling to even kick him the ball. I don't nlame them.

It is worth noting that MaGee is a very good return man in his own right, and was easily displaced. He might even be as fast as Leodis. I don't know, but McKelvin simply can explode, and nobody is gonna catch him when he gets loose.

It was dramatic. One week bumbling, the next he's electric. It was literally that dramatic a change.

If I knew for a fact that April had anything to do with that transformation I'd be leading the parade to make him HC.

The thing with Leodis is that he's a hell of a return man, but he's showing that he can be a true corner as well. Most DB's in the league that have trouble in coverage but can handle the ball well usually get more playing time on special teams then some offense. I will use Devin Hester as an example. He come into the pro's as a DB, well his skills didnt allow him to be a good DB in the NFL, however, he's deadly with a football in his hands, so now you see him return kicks and play offense.

But Leodis is different. He can do both. Personally I think he is just as good as kick returns as Hester is. I think Leodis should have went to the pro bowl over Washington for return man....but thats another story for a different time. I think we can put McGee in the same category too. He was a hell of a return man but has turned into a nice CB.

I admit when Leodis was drafted I wasnt so sure of the pick. Then I seen him return that kick off against the Steelers in preseason, and I was like ok....maybe we have something here. I think overall we got the best CB of the draft last year. My only negative with Leodis, he should have picked that ball off against Cleveland and we win that game. But, he is a game changer or at least heading into that direction. Everything points to a positive with him.

But like I said in a previous post, DRC has a much better supporting cast around him, so it makes him shine more. Especially with his DL, they get to the QB without having the blitz. Putting pressure on the QB the way AZ's DL does, well that just makes the job for the DB's that much easier and last night was proof. I cant tell you how well our DB's would shine if we only had a pass rush like that. I mean we rated pretty well in the league against the pass having the DL we do, I mean...imagine a pass rush....Buffalo would be top 5 against the pass......

But DRC & Leodis are very good young CB's who will have a bright career when its all said and done!

I gotta say I'm surprised by all the commentary re: Leodis' initial work in the return game. I thought he looked all right early in the season, several times being one cut or one man from busting out into space.

Although in hindsight I do remember some folks grumbling about his return work earlier in the year. I didn't agree with it then and thought it would disappear when he finally hit that last cut once or twice.

While he did get better with experience, I wouldn't say that he went from bad to good; more like he went from good to very good.

Oh I see....if we had drafted DRC and Mckelvin was drafted by AZ....We would be in the playoffs and they wouldnt....

!@#$ man....Why do we always fail at draft picks :unsure:

I think we fail to put our players in spots where they can best succeed.

It was dramatic. One week bumbling, the next he's electric. It was literally that dramatic a change.

If I knew for a fact that April had anything to do with that transformation I'd be leading the parade to make him HC.

I might lead the parade even without the facts. Hard to imagine that he could do any worse than Jauron.

Since Leodis was one of, if not the best return man in recent college football history, and is blessed with tremendous physical skills, speed and especially acceleration, I doubt April had to do much. I, too, thought McLovin was awful tentative early, but as soon as he got the feel for the speed of the game and the time it took for the blocks and lanes to open up, he just exploded.

Why?? I had "rumor" posted right by the DJ heading and DRC looks great just like I said before.

Nice backtrack. First, you didn't just softly regard it as a rumor - you were arrogant and haughty, certain that you would be proven right. And DRC looking "great" does not make LM a bust - they both look good. Your revisions are entertaining though.