QB Situation

billsevans

If Trent gets this shoulder surgery done then we obviously will be searchinhg for a QB even harder. Just curious to see who you would like to see come in from the Draft like a day 2 guy?

My list would be:

1. Chase Daniel QB Missouri

2. Willie Tuitama QB Arizona

I hate Josh Freeman. After the combine he will become this years Jamarcus Russell and be taken very early, while proving nothing on the football field to deserve such a selection. He will be gone on Day one. I love Chase Daniels however, I dont mind if he is 6 foot, so is Drew Brees.

If Trent gets this shoulder surgery done then we obviously will be searchinhg for a QB even harder. Just curious to see who you would like to see come in from the Draft like a day 2 guy?

My list would be:

1. Chase Daniel QB Missouri

2. Willie Tuitama QB Arizona

Hell with al the drafting nonsense get a Veteran QB this team hasnt had a winning record since having a vetran like flutie or bledsoe granted I would hope the play better than bledose did but no Young guys enough with that noise already!!!!!! :unsure::worthy:

Hell with al the drafting nonsense get a Veteran QB this team hasnt had a winning record since having a vetran like flutie or bledsoe granted I would hope the play better than bledose did but no Young guys enough with that noise already!!!!!! :unsure::worthy:

Get that guy Anderson from Cleveland, he is available

Get that guy Anderson from Cleveland, he is available

Yup -- Derk Anderson would be a real smart choice. Big, strong, nothin flashy QB with 4 years experience. I think he would fit in great and provide some durability. And he's not from California. I think he comes from Oregon and would fit in well in WNY. Get it done!

Drew Willy in a late round steal. From NJ and played all four years in Buffalo. No more California QBs, man.

although it would be great to have a hometown kid..or atleast a home college kid( I dont know where he was born and raised), I watched his bowl game and he threw a lot of balls to the ground...I dont think Id take him unless we needed just a #3

Edwards shoulder is minor and not career ending... The only concern in regards to surgery is getting trent ready for offseason work outs

Trent is our starter and we will be getting a FA vet who can mentor and be a solid backup

we have too many other dire needs to even be considering QB in this draft and we won't until maybe late in day 2

I hate Josh Freeman. After the combine he will become this years Jamarcus Russell and be taken very early, while proving nothing on the football field to deserve such a selection. He will be gone on Day one. I love Chase Daniels however, I dont mind if he is 6 foot, so is Drew Brees.

There is no comparison between the two. The only knock on Brees coming out of Purdue was his height, while Daniel's height is the least of his worries. He has poor footwork, an unimpressive arm, poor timing on quick routes, poor pocket presence, a general unawareness on the field, and a seeming unwillingness to spread the ball around. I'm not trying to rip you here, but Daniel is a big question mark to even make an NFL roster.

Freeman isn't much better, however. For a late round QB, the guy I like is Nathan Brown from Central Arkansas. Granted, he plays at a small-school program, but he has great measurables and can make all the NFL throws. Since all the QBs with any pedigree will be gone within the first 2 rounds, I don't think you'll do much better than Brown late in the draft.

I'd happily bring in Drew Willy if he's on the board in the 7th round. Match him with someone like Leftwich, and we'd at least have depth and hope at the QB position.

I'm never opposed to bringing in a late-round QB with some upside, but I would never trust him to be a backup QB. That's what the 3rd QB slot is for. Someone to take a chance on.

Right team, wrong Chase.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/m...on_chase00.html

His backup, Chase Patton will be a much better pro. He is very smart (wants to be a dentist) and has a cannon for an arm.

Correct sir

6'5 220 lbs.

He was all academic Big 12 as well.. very smart with good tools. He is like a Matt Cassel, didn't get the chance the start in college but is good pro material.