Rey Mauluga shows off his moves

Looked more like dancing not just "Pelvic thrusts". I'm not saying it was appropriate but let's not turn it into something else.

I thought it might be a dance, too. After further review, though, it looks to be more sexual in nature, and his hips are thrusting. The only reason I don't think it is a dance is, he isn't dancing.

Not a HUGE deal, but something that should be addressed with him, by coaches, parents, whatever. It is no reason to avoid drafting him (any school) for that matter. Remember, Peyton Manning mooned a woman in the locker room once, too.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it might be a dance, too. After further review, though, it looks to be more sexual in nature, and his hips are thrusting. The only reason I don't think it is a dance is, he isn't dancing.

Not a HUGE deal, but something that should be addressed with him, by coaches, parents, whatever. It is no reason to avoid drafting him (any school) for that matter. Remember, Peyton Manning mooned a woman in the locker room once, too.

I didn't know that. And here I was thinking he was posturing himself for a future in politics...

It sounds like he's come a long way...

link

I know some/many aren't fans of Carroll, but I think his words here speak volumes.

I absolutely hated Carroll in the pros. Thought he was a good college coach, but still didn't have much respect for him.

Until I read this: 23 Reasons Why a Profile of Pete Carroll Does Not Appear in This Space

Is it apropriate for Erin Andrews to dress like she does on the sidelines? When Suzy Kolber, Pam Oliver or Rachael Nichols are on TV are they wearing skin tight outfits leaving nothing to the imagination? No, they are classy and dont let their looks get in the way of their reporting. But Andrews sets herself up to be treated like nothing more than a sex symbol. Her audience, who is 95% men, could care less what stupid question she has for the coach. They want to look at her and she LOVES the attention! What Rey did was funny and Andrews and her PR agent loves it even more! Take a look for yourself and please enjoy.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...drews&gbv=2

I absolutely hated Carroll in the pros. Thought he was a good college coach, but still didn't have much respect for him.

Until I read this: 23 Reasons Why a Profile of Pete Carroll Does Not Appear in This Space

60 minutes (I believe) did a piece recently where they rode along. I had the same reaction as you prior to seeing the piece and after.

Is it apropriate for Erin Andrews to dress like she does on the sidelines? When Suzy Kolber, Pam Oliver or Rachael Nichols are on TV are they wearing skin tight outfits leaving nothing to the imagination? No, they are classy and dont let their looks get in the way of their reporting. But Andrews sets herself up to be treated like nothing more than a sex symbol. Her audience, who is 95% men, could care less what stupid question she has for the coach. They want to look at her and she LOVES the attention! What Rey did was funny and Andrews and her PR agent loves it even more! Take a look for yourself and please enjoy.

giggity

Asking for it, right? Okay, I'm done here.

I think most of us did a lot worse in college. If Andrews was so offend, she has many platforms to express herself and she doesn't seem like the type to not voice her opinion. A big deal about nothing.

Just to throw my two cents in there....from the days of my youth (or "yutes" as those from the Bronx might say), my friends and I would do the exact same thing at the dance club. It is in fact a dance and one that's done strictly for comedic effect.

We used to do it to random women because we thought we'd illicit a laugh from our buds when the girl would turn around and you'd drop your arms and look at her sheepishly. Mauluga here did it exactly like we used to even with the "shrugging of the shoulders and walking away part."

There was nothing sexual about it. Heck, this same thing used to be done to guys too. It's just for a laugh. Now if Mauluga had done this to Boomer, this would be all over YouTube and we'd all be laughing about it. Not having discussions on gender roles in new media. <_<

Just to throw my two cents in there....from the days of my youth (or "yutes" as those from the Bronx might say), my friends and I would do the exact same thing at the dance club. It is in fact a dance and one that's done strictly for comedic effect.

We used to do it to random women because we thought we'd illicit a laugh from our buds when the girl would turn around and you'd drop your arms and look at her sheepishly. Mauluga here did it exactly like we used to even with the "shrugging of the shoulders and walking away part."

There was nothing sexual about it. Heck, this same thing used to be done to guys too. It's just for a laugh. Now if Mauluga had done this to Boomer, this would be all over YouTube and we'd all be laughing about it. Not having discussions on gender roles in new media. <_<

It's the same ole double standard rule. When a woman runs out on to the baseball field to give a kiss ala Morgana "The Kissing Bandit", it's all fun and games, in fact she can do it multiple times and everyone laughs. This college kid dances out of happiness a little too close to a female reporter and it's considered some sort of disrespect. People are getting too sensitive. Like it was said earlier if she was offended she should say something.

It's the same ole double standard rule. When a woman runs out on to the baseball field to give a kiss ala Morgana "The Kissing Bandit", it's all fun and games, in fact she can do it multiple times and everyone laughs. This college kid dances out of happiness a little too close to a female reporter and it's considered some sort of disrespect. People are getting too sensitive. Like it was said earlier if she was offended she should say something.

I was agreeing with you right up to the "dances out of happiness" BS.

Asking for it, right? Okay, I'm done here.

So predictable. Putting what Mauluga did and what you are implying in the smae category is not only dramatic, its offensive. I posted this for a good laugh and somehow it turned into a moral discussion. IF and I say IF, you really think this is that bad, please dont ever go to a Bills home game.

I was agreeing with you right up to the "dances out of happiness" BS.

Again, he wasn't dancing out of happiness. He was just trying to get a laugh from either the fans in front of Andrews or his teammates looking on.

I just want to say IF he was in the same frame of mind as me and my friends were back in the day, he was just doing it to make his friends laugh. No harm or disrespect to Erin, her gender, the media, etc. was intended by his actions. He was just being a goof!

And like I wonder earlier...if the reporter wasn't female, would anyone be talking about this, or would someone PC look at this as some anti-gay thing....?

So predictable. Putting what Mauluga did and what you are implying in the smae category is not only dramatic, its offensive. I posted this for a good laugh and somehow it turned into a moral discussion. IF and I say IF, you really think this is that bad, please dont ever go to a Bills home game.

I don't see the connection. Do you mean because of the Jills?

i have a number of posts on this and finally someone said something worthwhile. way to go "the Dean". with this being said maybe he should be taken number one overall.

Don't....just don't....