Rey Mauluga shows off his moves

Look, Maualuga is 22 or 23 years old. Erin Andrews is considered hot by some. He did what a 22 or 23 year old kid would do just trying to sieze the moment and be a comedian. Nothing more. He wasn't trying to rape the girl on the sidelines. Not everybody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is a young man with a different set of morals and standards he lives by. Should everyone be like him? Yeah I wish there were more young men like him, but there isn't so many. Maualuga is another one of these USC players like Bush, Leinart, White, and Rucker who embrace this "god-like" status they obtain from living in that area and playing for that team. They, in turn, act different. The guy did nothing wrong really. I used to do the same thing behind female teachers at school if they weren't paying attention. It was to make everyone laugh, not sexual in any way. Like I said, some of you people are wound WAAAAYYYYYYY too tight.

I think you are essential right, here (with the exception that there was no sexual element). And, I don't see anyone making a BIG deal about it. My only point is, this is something that can backfire on a guy in his position, and can embarrass someone who shouldn't have to be in that position. I'm not suggesting that he be punished, or that a team shouldn't draft him because of it. I just think it is a coaching opportunity...a "personal" coaching opportunity. Someone he respects should tell him that, while he may not have meant any ill will, it wasn't a wise idea. Otherwise, some people (maybe not Ray) start to think that anything that seems funny to them at the time, is OK...and there are no ramifications.

The strange idea here is that so many of you think there are only two ways to look at this: No problem at all or Sexual assault. I don't think anyone questioning his behavior is suggesting it was vile, or intentionally offensive. It is just the kind of thing that should be addressed, behind closed doors, IMO.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY why we need a guy like him -- someone who just does whatever the F*** he wants, plays with heart and uses his instincts. Way too many pansies on this team who were born to lose and love playing for their coddling coach (read: Butler, Kelsay, etc).

This guy strikes me as an in-your-face dude who'll do whatever he has to do to make a play, even if that means telling the coach to shove it.

I think he would look good in a Bills uni, too. But, I guarantee you that if he does whatever the fu#k he wants, he won't play under Jauron.

And, wanting to bring in a guy who will tell his coach to "shove it" and "do whatever the fuc# he wants" on the field may be the stupidest thing you have posted...and that is in a long line of really stupid posts.

I like him because of his talent, and trust that he could be a team player and contribute in the scheme. I fear that the Bills won't let him play the way that makes him most effective. But, the idea of him doing whatever he wants, and screw the coach, is a totally unacceptable option.

I think you are essential right, here (with the exception that there was no sexual element). And, I don't see anyone making a BIG deal about it. 1- My only point is, this is something that can backfire on a guy in his position, and can embarrass someone who shouldn't have to be in that position. I'm not suggesting that he be punished, or that a team shouldn't draft him because of it. I just think it is a coaching opportunity...a "personal" coaching opportunity. 2-Someone he respects should tell him that, while he may not have meant any ill will, it wasn't a wise idea. Otherwise, some people (maybe not Ray) start to think that anything that seems funny to them at the time, is OK...and there are no ramifications.

The strange idea here is that so many of you think there are only two ways to look at this: No problem at all or Sexual assault. 3- I don't think anyone questioning his behavior is suggesting it was vile, or intentionally offensive. It is just the kind of thing that should be addressed, behind closed doors, IMO.

1- Agreed

2- Agreed

3- Yes there are. There are some making this into more than it really is, a joke. Funny, ha-ha. Sense of humor anyone? :unsure:

1- Agreed

2- Agreed

3- Yes there are. There are some making this into more than it really is, a joke. Funny, ha-ha. Sense of humor anyone? :unsure:

As for #3, I didn't notice him getting any real s#it for it...but, maybe I missed a post or two. And, I agree it was a joke, but it wasn't all that funny, IMO.

Pelvic thrusts, performed while standing a few inches behind someone of the opposite sex while she's trying to do her job, don't classify as inappropriate? Mmmmkay. Have to agree to disagree on that one, I guess.

Yeah, I wonder how appropriate Mauluga's action would be if instead of Andrews, it was their daughter, sister, wife or mother standing there oblivious. And then the cheering section. What a bunch of losers...

Somehow because the woman is incredibly attractive and is doing her job in a male dominated sport, it's OK. Kinda like a subconscious/subtle "you come into my space, I'm gonna do what I want" childish move. No wonder these idiots think they can do anything they want with no consequences.

Nothing more than an immature puppy peeing on his turf trying to show off how dominant he is. Somebody needs to grab the kid by the nape of the neck and put him in a submissive position ala Cesar the Dog Whisperer.

Good for you, Lori. Stand your ground. We support you :unsure:

C

Yeah, I wonder how appropriate Mauluga's action would be if instead of Andrews, it was their daughter, sister, wife or mother standing there oblivious. And then the cheering section. What a bunch of losers...

Somehow because the woman is incredibly attractive and is doing her job in a male dominated sport, it's OK. Kinda like a subconscious/subtle "you come into my space, I'm gonna do what I want" childish move. No wonder these idiots think they can do anything they want with no consequences.

Nothing more than an immature puppy peeing on his turf trying to show off how dominant he is. Somebody needs to grab the kid by the nape of the neck and put him in a submissive position ala Cesar the Dog Whisperer.

Good for you, Lori. Stand your ground. We support you :unsure:

C

Wow....thats all I can say.

I don't know about you, but I still did alot "kid" type of stuff like that at 22 or 23. I was still going to clubs and blowing $100-$150 a night. I was doing alot of dumb stuff. I don't think I really came to my senses until I was about 27. He lives right outside of Hollywood. Look at the example set for these kids in this area. It's the epittamy of excess and wild behavior. Just about anything they want is handed to them on a silver platter because of the almost certain fame and fortune they will acquire. Some people want to make a big deal out this completely meaningless event. It's stupid. Not everyone in this world is a boyscout, get used to it. We live in a modern day Soddom and Gahmorrah if you haven't noticed. There's alot of things that I truly find "offensive" behavior more so than a college kid doing something just trying to be funny.

You are a good poster that I respect, H2o.

Best we leave discussion to another day, another venue...

You are a good poster that I respect, H2o.

Best we leave discussion to another day, another venue...

R u going to meet him behind the woodshed, Cincy? :unsure:

I think he would look good in a Bills uni, too. But, I guarantee you that if he does whatever the fu#k he wants, he won't play under Jauron.

My point wasn't to say he will be disobedient to the coach; rather, that he will make plays despite an inept coaching staff -- something that Whitner is incapable of doing. Jauron and his staff have made a habit out of discovering players by accident. They didn't give McKelvin a chance to play, instead choosing an injured McGee. They didn't give Fred Jackson a chance, instead choosing an over-the-hill Anthony Thomas. It was by sheer coincidence and by sheer necessity that these guys made the plays that they made. That's what I was getting at with respect to this USC fellow. He will make plays and he has a drive that is seriously lacking on the Bills' roster.

And, wanting to bring in a guy who will tell his coach to "shove it" and "do whatever the fuc# he wants" on the field may be the stupidest thing you have posted...and that is in a long line of really stupid posts.

You can hurl all the personal insults you want if it gets you off having a holier than thou attitude on an internet message board, that's your prerogative. The fact remains that a sizable percentage of 12,000+ posts were your attempts to defend the strategy behind the Bills' 2006 draft, which has clearly turned out to be a dud. You also claimed that Poz would be a significantly better player than David Harris a few years down the road. Par for the course, you were wrong. I suppose we should be getting used to such a pattern...

My point wasn't to say he will be disobedient to the coach; rather, that he will make plays despite an inept coaching staff -

Really? That was your point?

EXACTLY why we need a guy like him -- someone who just does whatever the F*** he wants, plays with heart and uses his instincts. Way too many pansies on this team who were born to lose and love playing for their coddling coach (read: Butler, Kelsay, etc).

This guy strikes me as an in-your-face dude who'll do whatever he has to do to make a play, even if that means telling the coach to shove it.

Well, no wonder I think your posts are usually so off base. You don't really mean what you post, apparently.

Really? That was your point?

Well, no wonder I think your posts are usually so off base. You don't really mean what you post, apparently.

I know what I said, thanks though. That post was more a function of me expressing my disdain for the current ineptitude that is our coaching staff than condoning straight up insubordination.