Rey Mauluga shows off his moves

Who the hell said Rachel Nichols was hot?!? She's the James Laurinitis of female broadcasters... ridiculously overrated, only looks good against weak competition, can't hold a candle to the elite. Pass.

To each his own, I guess.

She's not one I would consider "hot", but my tastes may differ from others. I've seen women in everyday life that are way "hotter" than Nichols or Erin Andrews.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WNBA locker rooms were open, last I knew. Never covered a college team, but I think most of them are now closed after games, with players brought into a separate interview room. (And that's a good thing, in my opinion, because you're still talking about a bunch of 17-18-19-year-old kids. I'd never dream of going into a high school locker room -- boys' or girls' -- for an interview.) If Bmwolf sees this thread, he can give you a better answer about the college level, though.

Pretty sure the big four (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) are all open, with some teams adding their own additional rules.

I won't belabor my initial point here. But while he didn't actually drop trou or anything that explicit, yeah, I thought his dance was a little inappropriate. So do most of the writers and broadcasters who are discussing this at my other hangout, regardless of their gender. My favorite line, from a female writer who used to cover an NHL team for a Canadian paper: "You know ... nightclub, football field, place of work, middle of the street ... some guy I don't know comes up behind me and does that? He's dropping Chiclets."

Lighten up he didnt even touch her. In no way was that inappropriate. Now if he grabbed her or touched her in any way then yes absolutely. And I dont think you can draw a comparison to the article you referenced. I do not condone what they did in anyway but she stepped into a locker room full of ball players after a game.

I won't belabor my initial point here. But while he didn't actually drop trou or anything that explicit, yeah, I thought his dance was a little inappropriate. So do most of the writers and broadcasters who are discussing this at my other hangout, regardless of their gender. My favorite line, from a female writer who used to cover an NHL team for a Canadian paper: "You know ... nightclub, football field, place of work, middle of the street ... some guy I don't know comes up behind me and does that? He's dropping Chiclets."

You are correct about it being inappropriate and immature, Lori.

I'm curious as to why you think it's appropriate.

The guy was having fun and played toward the crowd, he didnt touch her in reality he stood behind her and moved around, that is it. Like I said before if he touched her or made an obscene gesture than I agree 100% that it was out of line.

The guy was having fun and played toward the crowd, he didnt touch her in reality he stood behind her and moved around, that is it. Like I said before if he touched her or made an obscene gesture than I agree 100% that it was out of line.

None of that really screams "appropriate" to me, but to each his own, I guess.

None of that really screams "appropriate" to me, but to each his own, I guess.

Unless they are personal friends, I don't know how anyone can think that is appropriate. Even if they are friends, that probably isn't appropriate in front of a packed stadium of strangers.

Unless they are personal friends, I don't know how anyone can think that is appropriate. Even if they are friends, that probably isn't appropriate in front of a packed stadium of strangers.

Not disagreeing with you totally but don't see this as harrassement or belittlement of Andrews.

Not disagreeing with you totally but don't see this as harrassement or belittlement of Andrews.

Yeah, Mauluga certainly wasnt behaving like a player of his stature ought to, but I'm not about to go railing on this as some reprehensible act. It's about 5 steps below the articles that Lori linked to...nobody got hurt, and I'm sure Andrews has to deal with much worse than this on a daily basis. It was probably the biggest game of his life, his adrenaline is still raging, and he did something dumb. I won't judge him for it.

Yeah, Mauluga certainly wasnt behaving like a player of his stature ought to, but I'm not about to go railing on this as some reprehensible act. It's about 5 steps below the articles that Lori linked to...nobody got hurt, and I'm sure Andrews has to deal with much worse than this on a daily basis. It was probably the biggest game of his life, his adrenaline is still raging, and he did something dumb. I won't judge him for it.

Not really sure but I believe the camera man showed her the playback and she was laughing.

Pelvic thrusts, performed while standing a few inches behind someone of the opposite sex while she's trying to do her job, don't classify as inappropriate? Mmmmkay. Have to agree to disagree on that one, I guess.

Pelvic thrusts, performed while standing a few inches behind someone of the opposite sex while she's trying to do her job, don't classify as inappropriate? Mmmmkay. Have to agree to disagree on that one, I guess.

Looked more like dancing not just "Pelvic thrusts". I'm not saying it was appropriate but let's not turn it into something else.

This being USC, someone suggested that they should dock him a game check. <_<

You're right, of course; I'm not going to beat on the kid for it, either. I'm just hoping that in the future, he'll express his exuberance without using a working journalist in his dance routine ...

I'll slightly disagree with this, although I understand your point.

It's definitely Andrews' place of work. Since Maualauga isn't actually employed, it's really not his place of work.

<_< dang it, you're right. It was Maualuga's job interview.

This doesn't need to be beaten to death (or is it already there?) but if he hasn't done so he should sincerely apologize. It was a dum thing for him to do and hopefully not something he'll repeat.