NFL SUNDAY TICKET

major

For eight years, I have watched our Bills on the NFL Sunday ticket. Last season I decided it wasn't worth spending $300 plus on per year. I am trying to find ways to save $ with the economy we have.

Sad to say, after the Bills performance each week, I'm glad I saved my money.

I probably won't get it next year. Anyone else do the same thing with season tickets, individual game tickets, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. this past season?

I get the feeling a lot of Bills fans are going to start cutting back on the Bills if this team doesn't make some serious strides.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ridiculous.

If you are a true Bills fan, $300 to watch your team play everyweek is nothing. Im getting it again and I don't care if it's $400.

You can't be that broke that you can't afford $300. That's only $37.50 a month until the season starts. Im sure you waste that much money on someting.

Don't play the "economy" card because you want a reason to back out on this team.

I don't have Sunday Ticket and I pretty much have seen every game for years. Just go to any bar/restaurant with the ticket to watch the games...

Note also - I see the internet streaming sites becoming more prevalent as time goes on as well - they will continue to pop up faster than anyone can shut them down. I've started more and more to watch hockey games etc. on them

i have had sunday ticket for seven years, starting with the bledsoe era, and frankly with the cost of the ticket continually ncreasing and the quality of bills play decreasing, i am thinking of not getting it in 2009. Like someone earlier said i will just go to a bar if i want to watch the bills.

i have been a bills fan since 1961, my dad took me to a bills game in there first year of existence and have been a fan for 47 years,,,, RW, give us a reason to follow this team :doh:

For eight years, I have watched our Bills on the NFL Sunday ticket. Last season I decided it wasn't worth spending $300 plus on per year. I am trying to find ways to save $ with the economy we have.

I probably won't get it next year. Anyone else do the same thing with season tickets, individual game tickets, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. this past season?

I get the feeling a lot of Bills fans are going to start cutting back on the Bills if this team doesn't make some serious strides.

I'm joining You this Year...Canceling My NFL Ticket w/HD...It's not about the cash or anything like that...It's about not paying to watch this mediocre garbage from a Franchise that accepts it...Instead I'll be working on My handicap...Though My Girlfriend did get wind of My plans and is already saying Sundays next Year are HER days now... :doh: So I might have to re-think My plans... :lol:

I've had the sunday ticket for two years now and will probably get it next year as well. I love NFL football...even if it's not the Bills. Besides with the ticket you can choose whatever team you wish to watch...almost all of them are more entertaining than the Bills!

I have had the ticket for 7 years - nixed it a couple of weeks ago as the Bills are simply too painful to watch. If they look legit some point, I would consider singing back up as I do like the product besides the main reason I bought it...the Bills...

i have had sunday ticket for seven years, starting with the bledsoe era, and frankly with the cost of the ticket continually ncreasing and the quality of bills play decreasing, i am thinking of not getting it in 2009. Like someone earlier said i will just go to a bar if i want to watch the bills.

i have been a bills fan since 1961, my dad took me to a bills game in there first year of existence and have been a fan for 47 years,,,, RW, give us a reason to follow this team :doh:

Go to a bar and watch?? Then you will have to spend money on food and drinks, and by the time the season is over you have spent more money than you would have if you bought the sunday ticket.

Go to a bar and watch?? Then you will have to spend money on food and drinks, and by the time the season is over you have spent more money than you would have if you bought the sunday ticket.

I did that for two years prior to getting the ticket. It cost me much less to watch the games at home.

I did that for two years prior to getting the ticket. It cost me much less to watch the games at home.

I went the bar route both in college and when I lived in an apartment; the ticket was a major benefit of being able to afford a house and get DirecTv! While I like watching the game with fellow Bills fans, especially if they are winning, I HATED sitting in smoked fill bars eating expensive and unhealthy foods! Why rush and try to make it to a crowded bar when I can watch in the comfort of my own home PLUS watch other key games as will in HD? Now if the only option I have is to watch at a bar or not watch at all I'd suck it up and come back home after the game smelling like an ash tray! I'd even take that over a streaming internet site and definitely over sound broadcast as I have to SEE the game!

Prior to getting 'The Ticket' 10 - 11 years ago, I went to Sports Bars & trust me, It is much more expensive.

A lot of it has to do with where you live.

I live in San Antonio, and would have only been able to see the Browns game at home with basic cable or whatever.

20 bucks a week for the ticket or 40 bucks a week drinking and eating at a bar? There's no choice there IMO.

Maybe if you lived in a place in the northeast where you have a good chance of getting quite a few Bills games aired through local affiliates (Albany, New England, etc.) it makes more financial sense to skip the package. Not in Texas. As an added bonus, when the Bills aren't playing I can watch other relevant AFC/AFC East games instead of the freaking Texans every week.

I used to go to sports bars here in Miami when I could not go to the games in Buffalo. I hated having to beg to have the Bills game on and then have to watch it without the sound.

For me, the Sunday Ticket is the way to go if you cannot go to the game in person. I prefer being frustrated at home rather than at a sports bar.

I have NFL Sunday ticket but this year have been Tivo'ing most of the games...then end up not watching them anyway because the Bills lose. Not sure what to do about the season tickets, I have had them for so long, the seats are good and I can usually sell them. I guess if I can't sell them in 2009 (and if the team continues to suck) I won't renew them when my contract is up.