NFL SUNDAY TICKET

major

I have paid for Sunday Ticket every single year since 1996 in order to watch the Bills, and these last two years paid the extra $99 for Superfan just so I could see the games in HD. I still have a problem with paying $250 for Sunday Ticket, paying $10/month for HD service, and then not being able to see the games in HD unless I pay the extra $99 for Superfan. Economy aside, I would continue to do this like always due to my love for the team, but as many others have written, I really feel different and way more discouraged than I can ever remember, and therefore have had serious thoughts about bailing on it next season, not because of the economy, but because of not wanting to give someone a significant amount of money to bend me over, slap me around and break my heart. If I do not renew after all these years, it will be because of the lack of faith, their ability to continue to find new ways to choke and blow games, and expectation of heartbreak, but will tell DirecTV it's because of their BS policy of making subscribers of both Sunday Ticket and HD having to pay that extra $99.

If I were a betting man, though, I'd bet that I'll cave and keep it going, only to get the rug yanked out from under me/us yet again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never got the Sunday Ticket. It's a ripoff. 300 bucks to sit on my ass and stare at a tv? What a joke. I go to games live,watch free tv or listen to an internet feed.

Its worth every penny especially if you are a general football fan, or bet some games here and there, I tend to watch other AFC East teams play during the Bulls commercials or dyring the other time slots. I Find myself being a slight Baltimore Ravens fan when the Bills aren;t playing.

I will probably drop the NFL ticket this year cost seems to be growing every year anyways. I will be going to at least three games next year that are all close to me ,Atlanta,Charlotte and Jacksonville. But I do have Sirius radio so I will listen to the games when I can.

Dumped Direct TV and the NFL Ticket the other day. Will save $1K in 2008 with Comcast phone, TV & internet. $250+ for the NFL ticket was a rip off for the Bills performance last year...hell...every year except for the 6 good ones with Marv, Kelly & company. :lol:

If there is a good game on, the big networks and the NFL station will cover it. If the game sucks...as the Bills games do...then coverage is nil. :lol:

I've been a Bills fan since they were born in 1959 and started playing in '60 or 61 (too many years ago). I am tired of their lack of play, the coaches, the continual imatations of lonnie johnsons, mike williams and todd collins not to mention coaches who couldn't figure out which way the wind was blowing before urinating. :lol:

Maybe...just maybe I'll spend more time with the wife and hit the road (not literally) on the motorcycle during the football season. Yes, we can do that in Florida. You don't think just because I grew up in Cheektowaga that I like cold & shoveling snow...I may be crazy but NOT stupid. :doh:

I used to go to sports bars here in Miami when I could not go to the games in Buffalo. I hated having to beg to have the Bills game on and then have to watch it without the sound.

For me, the Sunday Ticket is the way to go if you cannot go to the game in person. I prefer being frustrated at home rather than at a sports bar.

Amen. I spent years doing this. Showing up at bars early, begging to get my game on, watching it on the smallest TV with no sound, etc. The only great bar experience I had was living in Ohio and getting in good with the Sunday manager; he'd put me on the restaurant side and have my little TV all set up for me every week.

By the way, those mentioning internet feeds, my one experience (49ers/Bills this year) stunk. They kept closing down the sites in the 4th qtr--very irritating. With directv, you get insurance--game on every week, with sound, can be tivo'd if you're late. It's great.

For those whining about paying too much for a crappy Bills' team, why not re-sign with Sunday Ticket midseason if the Bills are doing good? -- you get some kind of midseason discount.

if I could afford it, I'd still have the Sunday ticket. I cancelled this past year..

crappy team or not, if money wasn't so tight, I'd still have the Sunday Ticket. Actually, that's the only reason I ever used DirecTV. Dish Network is much better for TV, imo.

I've had Sunday Ticket since 1996 too. Superfan package past few years. Really like the Superfan over the Internet so I can catch the games from work.

I wish I lived close enough to have season tickets and could go to the games.

It's understandable, but most of the same people that are mad and blowing off steam will be on here in April posting "Who will be our 1st pick?"

I'm sure each and everyone on here has a family member they aren't pleased with. Well no matter what they're still family. Think of the Bills that way. We may not be happy with them, but they're still our Bills.

Sign me up for some more Sunday Ticket in '09 so I can watch my Bills..

:doh:

Major,

For the first time in over ten years I didn't get the NFL package this year. I have plenty of friends for WNY in my neighborhood that let me crash and watch the games. Next year I won't get it and many of the nice Bills' fan friends aren't renewing. A interesting thread. I wonder if One Bills Drive even cares about the rising fan apathy.

For eight years, I have watched our Bills on the NFL Sunday ticket. Last season I decided it wasn't worth spending $300 plus on per year. I am trying to find ways to save $ with the economy we have.

Sad to say, after the Bills performance each week, I'm glad I saved my money.

I probably won't get it next year. Anyone else do the same thing with season tickets, individual game tickets, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. this past season?

I get the feeling a lot of Bills fans are going to start cutting back on the Bills if this team doesn't make some serious strides.

My family has had 4 season tickets for decades, we didn't renew this past year. I switched to Direct TV and my brother who, for reasons that are too complicated to explain, has an extra direct tv receiver which he loaned out so that we all pretty much share the same Sunday Ticket.

Desparate times call for desparate measures. Something the Bills coud learn a bit from.

I've never got the Sunday Ticket. It's a ripoff. 300 bucks to sit on my ass and stare at a tv? What a joke. I go to games live,watch free tv or listen to an internet feed.

Just so I understand; sitting on your ass watching football on TV is a joke, but sitting on your ass in front of computer to follow a game is not a joke?

Forget NFL Ticket. For one, you can still watch the games in almost any bar. Go to the bar, and spend the $20 you save per week on food and beer. You will be even in the long run. Or if you are really cheap, follow this link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2117363_watch-nfl-...nline-free.html

It will take you step by step on how to get streaming video of every game every week live on your computer. NFl, College, everything. I however suggest downloading "TV Ants" from the MyP2P site rather than Sopcast, I have had more success with TV Ants. Try it out for some of the bowl games or playoffs as a test if you want.

For eight years, I have watched our Bills on the NFL Sunday ticket. Last season I decided it wasn't worth spending $300 plus on per year. I am trying to find ways to save $ with the economy we have.

Sad to say, after the Bills performance each week, I'm glad I saved my money.

I probably won't get it next year. Anyone else do the same thing with season tickets, individual game tickets, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. this past season?

I get the feeling a lot of Bills fans are going to start cutting back on the Bills if this team doesn't make some serious strides.

After 10 years with the ticket, I also am not renewing it. I cannot take the arrogance of Ralph Wilson anymore and if I get the ticket, I will be forced to watch another year of jauron;'s failed policies and practices leaving the Bills with another losing season. I will still root for them, but will not invest any more of my money, and, more importantly, my emotions in this sad sad organization anymore.

Really Sad.

Just so I understand; sitting on your ass watching football on TV is a joke, but sitting on your ass in front of computer to follow a game is not a joke?

I turn on the computer and listen to the feed while I go about my usual activities. Usually lifting weights, Sundays are a workout day for me.

I cant stand direct TV after the season is over its the worst!! I also live n LA, so I go to a dive bar to watch em. I usually do not miss a game until this year. I just cant go anymore they make me sick. Ill be back next year.

In a West End town??

Had it since inception-'94