Consider for a moment this tactical move by RW

GG

Guest dog14787
I assume your situation is much different than Jauron's. He is older and has already made millions. And it isn't just email. This guy is going to get blasted unmercifully on radio, TV, in public, and on the net until the day he leaves. He is also going to get booed unmercifully every time his name is mentioned in that stadium.

I'm sorry, but I guarantee you I have enough dignity not to stand in front of 50, 60, 70k people week in and week out and listen to an entire region of the country voice their hatred of me.

Folks don't hate Dick Jauron or Turk Shonert, a poll on Shonert recently had the majority of Bills fans saying he needs another year even though we are running one of the most pathetic offenses the Bills have ever seen. The offensive struggles in my opinion other than Jauron being the one to promote Shonert up, Jauron had very little to do with. The team played hard all year and was the 3rd least penalized teams in the league which is normally a sign of a well coached football team.

Our problem is with the offense, my guess is Dick Jauron and company have given Ralph Wilson satisfactory reason to believe the offense will be fixed or changed probably changed. My hope is to a West coast style offense.

With our future star QB Trent Edwards coming of age, our RB's and huge O-line who started strutting their stuff towards the end of the season. The best, scariest special teams in the league, players like McKelvin and Parish showing they can make big, momentum changing plays every time they touch the ball.

I don't care what anybody says, we are loaded with talent and are one good off season of a little FA work and some good drafting from having a real good ball club.

The Buffalo Bills are one of the youngest teams in the league filled with, smart, high character players and in my opinion with TE at the Helm, our potential is great.

Lets try to have a little faith folks.

Have a happy New Year everyone and God Bless.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I have all the confidence in the world that the Bills will sign several free agents and address the team's area of need. I doubt it'll be Haynesworth (for various reasons most not related to Ralph), but they'll bring in guys. They've shown they'll address the areas of need in the off season. But, so what.

With the same coaching staff, so what. They brought in Mitchell. He's a good LB at stopping the run and rushing the passer. So we drop him back in coverage. They brought in big offensive linemen - good for blowing guys off the LOS. So we have them stunting and pulling themselves right out plays.

There's is absolutely no reason to believe that they'll suddenly realize how to use the talent they have on this steam.

steam? :worthy:

Actually, I agree. The Bills may add enough talent that they make the playoffs despite crappy coaching, but it is very likely that crappy coaching will still hold back the talent on this team. They obviously had enough talent to make the playoffs this year, yet fell far short. This staff, without some serious changes in mentality or Divine intervention, will not get the most from the talent on the field.

steam? :worthy:

Actually, I agree. The Bills may add enough talent that they make the playoffs despite crappy coaching, but it is very likely that crappy coaching will still hold back the talent on this team. They obviously had enough talent to make the playoffs this year, yet fell far short. This staff, without some serious changes in mentality or Divine intervention, will not get the most from the talent on the field.

:worthy: (i'll take care of that)

Yeah. That's what is so tough for me. I've had hope that Jauron could put it all together. But, watching the decline this season, just beat it into my stubborn head that he doesn't possess the necessary skills to turn this team around. It's not evevn so much that we lost, but more so how we lost. The looks of confusion, the poor decisions, the poor play designs (I just expect poor play calling), the poor ... . hell everything.

Perhaps, I'm wrong. We'll see, I suppose.

No.

I have all the confidence in the world that the Bills will sign several free agents and address the team's area of need. I doubt it'll be Haynesworth (for various reasons most not related to Ralph), but they'll bring in guys. They've shown they'll address the areas of need in the off season. But, so what.

With the same coaching staff, so what. They brought in Mitchell. He's a good LB at stopping the run and rushing the passer. So we drop him back in coverage. They brought in big offensive linemen - good for blowing guys off the LOS. So we have them stunting and pulling themselves right out plays.

There's is absolutely no reason to believe that they'll suddenly realize how to use the talent they have on this steam.

Bingo.

A good coaching staff will put their players in the best position to win. At that point its up to the players to use their abilities and execute the schemes. We never get to find out what these players are capable of because they're rarely used effectively.

The O-Line was a great example. You got big guys up front? So just go man on man and bury the defense. We saw some of that late in the season but then we see the 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 empty backfield formation. When I see that I just walk away from the TV.

Nothing personal but Juron is a bad coach and Wilson is a bad owner that could care less about winning or the fan base as long as the cash is rolling into his bank account.

Only when Ralph's vested interests are at stake, his cash flow and the franchise value will he do something. And the only way for that to happen is for us fans to stop spending our hard-earned money. Some will say the risk is losing the franchise to another city but that's no excuse to accept mediocrity as a way of life. Buffalo and the fans deserves better...

Our problem is with the offense, my guess is Dick Jauron and company have given Ralph Wilson satisfactory reason to believe the offense will be fixed or changed probably changed.

So, let me get this straight. We're all supposed to believe that they woke up yesterday and had identified the problems and knew the answers to those problems. We really must be "stupid fans."

So, let me get this straight. We're all supposed to believe that they woke up yesterday and had identified the problems and knew the answers to those problems. We really must be "stupid fans."

Yep, the same staff that couldn't identify and correct any of those problems over the last 17 weeks suddenly figured out all the problems with a couple days meetings with the "inner circle."

They did figure out that after throwing short passes only for 14 and a half weeks that long ones to Fred Jackson and Lee Evans work, and can win games, like at Denver. So maybe they're catching on. :worthy:

Guest dog14787
Yep, the same staff that couldn't identify and correct any of those problems over the last 17 weeks suddenly figured out all the problems with a couple days meetings with the "inner circle."

No way we could revamp our offense mid way through the season, they did what they could and got the running game going which is a huge, huge step in the right direction.

No way we could revamp our offense mid way through the season, they did what they could and got the running game going which is a huge, huge step in the right direction.

No one is suggesting they should have revamped the offense midseason. They sure as hell could have altered their gameplans, ran the ball more, stopped with the ridiculous shotgun/spread formations on third and short, found ways to get the ball into the hands of Lee Evans, got Robert Royal off the field, got the OC and the HC on the same page...

Guest dog14787
No one is suggesting they should have revamped the offense midseason. They sure as hell could have altered their gameplans, ran the ball more, stopped with the ridiculous shotgun/spread formations on third and short, found ways to get the ball into the hands of Lee Evans, got Robert Royal off the field, got the OC and the HC on the same page...

Seems to me we did try differnet tactics and we did run the ball more, but our offensive philosophy as a whole is outdated and doesn't work well in the NFL.

Its why Mike Martz is looking for a job right now.

My general thoughts are that first adding even big name free agents not do much for our chances at a playoff appearance. As several other posters have stated, I too have little confidence that the coaching staff can bring out the best in the talent we have, or translate that combined talent into the best chance to win games.

Secondly, I think we are underestimating the true loss to the Bills as a result of keeping DJ. There is more to the team's revenues than just the season ticket sales. I think businesses will reduce their Bills advertising which will hurt the team even more than the estimated $1 MM loss due to reduced ticket sales.

Guest dog14787
For all the bad decisions that Ralph makes, he always seemed to know when he had to cut the HC loose. I was very certain that even if he wanted DJ to stay - he would fire him precisely because of the backlash you are seeing right now.

To make a modern day comparison - for anyone who watches hockey - it is a complete and utter embarrassment that Gary Bettman still heads that league for the simple fact that the guy can't even award the Stanley Cup to the winning team w/o the entire arena showering him with boos. It is disgraceful that every shining moment the NHL has is tainted with the hatred of the commissioner.

As for the players, they will soon realize that their very careers are being destroyed by this man. Instead of being able to prosper, they are underachieving and leaving money on the table. And for what? Because he takes the blame during the post-game PC? Sooner or later that cover is going to wear thin.

Administrator, is that like ruler of the roost? Anyone directly connected with the Buffalo Bills organization should be trying to calm the fans down, not stir them up. :worthy:

They did figure out that after throwing short passes only for 14 and a half weeks that long ones to Fred Jackson and Lee Evans work, and can win games, like at Denver. So maybe they're catching on. :worthy:

And the next week, they go shotgun on 4th and 1 into a 40 mph wind. Color me skeptical that these guys got it all figured out ... or that they can find the open end of the bag for that matter. :worthy:

It's not the coach's job to placate the fans. The GM, yes, the coach, no.

:worthy::worthy:

Seems to me we did try differnet tactics and we did run the ball more, but our offensive philosophy as a whole is outdated and doesn't work well in the NFL.

Its why Mike Martz is looking for a job right now.

This isn't as simple as "run the ball more" (which they also did a piss-poor job of doing). This was the OC and HC not being on the sme page about what to run. This was about the two-minute offense looking like a monkey sh-- fight at the zoo. It was about wasted timeouts, putting our speed back in short-yardage situations, not enough touches for Marshawn, etc...

By the way, whose offensive philosophy was that anyway? Jauron's? Fairchild's? Wasn't one of Schonert's main selling points that he knew the offense and was going to tweak it a little and get more guys involved in the offensive game plan?

Mike Martz is looking for work because he is an egotistical assclown who cares more about yards, rankings and stats than winning.

Guest dog14787
This isn't as simple as "run the ball more" (which they also did a piss-poor job of doing). This was the OC and HC not being on the sme page about what to run. This was about the two-minute offense looking like a monkey sh-- fight at the zoo. It was about wasted timeouts, putting our speed back in short-yardage situations, not enough touches for Marshawn, etc...

By the way, whose offensive philosophy was that anyway? Jauron's? Fairchild's? Wasn't one of Schonert's main selling points that he knew the offense and was going to tweak it a little and get more guys involved in the offensive game plan?

Mike Martz is looking for work because he is an egotistical assclown who cares more about yards, rankings and stats than winning.

Of course its not as simple as run the ball more and is why we had to wait until seasons end to address the problem, the whole offensive stradegy needs to be changed.

Guest dog14787

Mike Martz is looking for a job because his offense was getting his QB hammered and wasn't winning games, just like the Rams offense.

Take a look at the stats if you don't believe me, the 49ers lead the league in having their QB sacked, want to know why TE has had severe concussions this year even though he's smart, thinks fast, and has a quick release? I've said it before, I just told you why.

The element of surprise by going for large chunks of yardage when only a small chunk was needed is part of why the greatest show on turf was so successful once upon a time. The offense is predicated on going against the grain of logical thinking which can really make an OC look foolish when it doesn't work. Now, opposing defenses know if they take the big play away and realize it could come on any play, for instance the play Losman probably ruined his career on, they can stop you.

In my opinion the offense could still work, but only with an experienced and highly talented team playing at a high level and playing most of the games in good weather conditions.