BREAKING NEWS: Jauron to be retained

I doubt it. Wilson doesn't make that "statement" without exacting Jaron's assent to the firing of the entire offensive staff. Jauron gave up Turk et al to keep his job. Not sure how I feel about that.

Apparently he didn't have to "give up" ANY of his coaches, at least according to ESPN:

Though citing the dissatisfaction of the team's fans over a third consecutive 7-9 season, Wilson elected to retain Jauron and the entire coaching staff, believing the team is "better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul."

Linky thingy

:thumbsup::bag:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron being retained is really not a big surprise unfortunately. From what I have read, it sounds like Ralph's plan was to retain Jauron, but require a major shake-up in his coaching staff. The feeling was that Jauron would resist making these required moves and possibly quit.

I am purely speculating here (because I do not have the inside sources like Scooby), but I see Schonert and many of his O-assistants gone tomorrow. They may even release Fewell but I doubt it. If the release of Schonert or other offensive assistants did not happen, I would be very surprised.

Again, purely speculation but from past history, this seems to be how Ralph operates, especially in light of the fact that Jauron appeared to have renewed his coaching contract earlier in the season and if Wilson fires him at this point, he is on the hook to pay the guy.

The espn article states that Ralph will keep the entire coaching staff :thumbsup:

Jauron being retained is really not a big surprise unfortunately. From what I have read, it sounds like Ralph's plan was to retain Jauron, but require a major shake-up in his coaching staff. The feeling was that Jauron would resist making these required moves and possibly quit.

I am purely speculating here (because I do not have the inside sources like Scooby), but I see Schonert and many of his O-assistants gone tomorrow. They may even release Fewell but I doubt it. If the release of Schonert or other offensive assistants did not happen, I would be very surprised.

Again, purely speculation but from past history, this seems to be how Ralph operates, especially in light of the fact that Jauron appeared to have renewed his coaching contract earlier in the season and if Wilson fires him at this point, he is on the hook to pay the guy.

The staff is going nowhere. They all agreed that things didn't go perfectly this year, but they think things are headed in the right direction.

Prediction: 3-13 in 2009.

Apparently he didn't have to "give up" ANY of his coaches, at least according to ESPN:

Though citing the dissatisfaction of the team's fans over a third consecutive 7-9 season, Wilson elected to retain Jauron and the entire coaching staff, believing the team is "better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul."

Linky thingy

:thumbsup::bag:

You have GOT to be kidding me. I was certain that Wilson was going to give us Turk's head on a pike and claim that it represented real change.

Uneffingbelievable.

Makes me wonder if that's maybe what he's trying to accomplish. RW: "Look Roger the fans have bailed on me, now I have to move". Wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully he dies before he'd be able to make that happen.

With the way this organization has been run the past 50 years ('cept for that fluke run), who can really care?

:bag: Did we expect anything less? Join my protest, gang. Forget Jauron, Ralph must go.

Why are you still here, Endzone? I thought you would be posting on the Battered Womens Shelter blog by now. I trust you will be volunteering your time to help out at the shelter every Sunday during football season, since you broke up with your ex-boyfriend Ralph Wilson after all these years of him battering and abusing your manhood. :thumbsup:

While the rest of us Bills fans deal with Wilsons' stupidity like real NFL football fans, bitching about it until draft day, we will miss your posts. Good luck with your new life without Bills football.

You have GOT to be kidding me. I was certain that Wilson was going to give us Turk's head on a pike and claim that it represented real change.

Uneffingbelievable.

OK -- after a closer look at the ESPN report, I think that they're simply mischaracterizing the Wilson statement. They don't claim to have any extrinsic information about the rest of the staff, and the Wilson statement doesn't address any staff members other than Jauron.

So I'm still expecting Turk to be sacrificed.

There's some weird/interesting comments in Ralph's statement - he says specifically "It is well known that I share many of the fans’ dissatisfaction with our offensive game management" and doesn't mention any other source of dissatisfaction :thumbsup:

Then among the things he "looks forward to" is "more assertive veteran leadership" - as if they discussed and have some specific players in mind?

From a PR perspective all I can think is that to attempt to strike a balance and create interest they are planning some blockbuster FA moves or trades or something (a la Bledsoe). Of course the irony is, if ST sales go down but they still sell out they actually make more $$ - if the team wins the people will come back and games will sell out, regardless of the ST base.