For all those clammorng for Cowher

Buftex

Would you have enough patience to wait 14 years for him to win a championship? :angry:

as long as we could have a legit chance to be competative and make the playoffs every season, i'd wait 14 years, it's already been 10 since the last time we sniffed the post season

as long as we could have a legit chance to be competative and make the playoffs every season, i'd wait 14 years, it's already been 10 since the last time we sniffed the post season

Bingo.

Cowher made the playoffs in his first two years and made the AFC Championship in his third. Yeah, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Cowher's record on Pro Football Reference.com

Would you have enough patience to wait 14 years for him to win a championship? :angry:

Winning a championship is great dont get me wrong but having consistent chances to play in and win a chmapionship gives us confidence in our teams abilty. The pats arent winning it ever year but they are consistent enough to get their chances to win one every year even in a year their MVP star player went down they were still good enough record wise just not good enough in the tie breakers.

It sucked losing 4 championships in a row but boy did he feel good getting there each year!!!!

Cowher + 1 fluke year = Dungy + 1 fluke year = Marty :angry:

Can't argue with that, but in comparison to

Jauron + 1 fluke year = Stephenson + 0 fluke year = Bullough + 0 fluke year = Greggo + 0 fluke year = Rauch + 0 fluke year = Johnson (x2) + 0 fluke year = Ringo + 0 fluke year ....

I'll take it.

Not that this would likely happen, but enticing Cower to come to the Bills with a piece of the team. A percentage of ownership. 2%? 3%? Hell RW will be dead soon , and Cower could cash in pretty well.

Could work, no?

(Wakes up from dreaming)

What? Wha'd I say? :angry:

Not that this would likely happen, but enticing Cower to come to the Bills with a piece of the team. A percentage of ownership. 2%? 3%? Hell RW will be dead soon , and Cower could cash in pretty well.

Could work, no?

(Wakes up from dreaming)

What? Wha'd I say? :angry:

I'm sure there is an NFL rule against that

Would you have enough patience to wait 14 years for him to win a championship? ;)

Has anybody ever mentioned that he had the best talent in the NFL for the majority of his career but was still below .500 in the postseason until Dick LeBeau came back and won him a Super Bowl?

Or posited that if he greatly underachieved with that incredible talent in P'burgh what makes anybody think that he'd do any better here with far lesser talent?

They have?

But they were simply ignored by a desperate fan base in complete denial?

Stunning! :angry:

Cowher made it to the Superbowl with QB's like Bubby Brister and Neal Freaking O'Donnell.

Despite having QB's that didn't belong in the NFL he consistently made it to the playoffs. Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Actually, his qbs that year were Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart and Mike Tomczak....they also had the untested rookie quarterback Jim Miller on their roster, yes that very Jim Miller that was the starting quarterback for the 13-3 2001 Chicago Bears coached by none other than Dick Jauron. Wow this is starting to come full circle.

I just wish people would be realistic.

1. Cowher will cost too much for Ralph

2. Why would Cowher want to go from working for one of the best owners in the NFL - willing to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field - to a team who's led by an owner that is content with an eternal 8-8 record?

Cowher=pipe dream.