Another depressing statistic

Jerry Jabber

Schobel's 2008 salary: $8,729,795

2008 stats: 5 games played, 19 tackles and 1 sack

average per game: 3.8 tackles, 0.20 sacks

average salary per games played: $1,745,959

IMO opinion, Schobel, Kelsay, Evans and Dockery all got overpaid. With all the money we're giving to these guys, this might prevent us from bringing in good FA's (like Haynesworth, Peppers, Jennings, Houshmanzadeh, Suggs...etc).

IMO opinion, Schobel, Kelsay, Evans and Dockery all got overpaid. With all the money we're giving to these guys, this might prevent us from bringing in good FA's (like Haynesworth, Peppers, Jennings, Houshmanzadeh, Suggs...etc).

Dockery is the most obviously overpaid player on the team. Watching him miss that block that allowed some no-name to tear Edwards' head off was enough for me.

I still think it's funny that Wilson is grabbing his checkbook for guys like Schobel and Kellsay when they've never won you games. It's sad.

I will disagree with Evans though. You have to pay him whatever he asks. That guy is solid, elite material. We don't get to see it because he's incorrectly utilized and only gets the ball 2-4 times a game, but with a real coach and a productive WR opposite him, he'll put up franchise record statistics.

I'm not saying Schobel's stats didnt suck- but IIRC, his last two "games" might have amounted to a total of 10 plays.

This should sum it up for you. B-):P

Guys get injured. Doesn't mean he sucked...it means he was injured.

Guys get injured. Doesn't mean he sucked...it means he was injured.

I'm not knocking the guy for getting injured, that's part of the game. I'm just stating his stats when he did play and what he got paid for his time this season. When he did play, he didn't have good stats and you don't play that kind of money to a player for that kind of production.

I'm not knocking the guy for getting injured, that's part of the game. I'm just stating his stats when he did play and what he got paid for his time this season. When he did play, he didn't have good stats and you don't play that kind of money to a player for that kind of production.

Those stats are really for about 3 full games as two games he played partially and was dealing with the injury. Our d was noticeably better with him there, especially stroud.

IMO... Schobel's a workhorse at 243 lbs.... he just doesn't have any competent help. You wanna give him up to New England? He'd be a superstar OLB in Belichick's 3-4 and end up with 25 sacks.

Dockery... I'll give ya that one...I'm not sure I'd want him as a backup at the NFL minimum wage.

Kelsay... Big mistake showing an average (at best) DE the money.

Evans... come on... his QBs have been JP Losman and the dink & dunk brothers Holcomb & Edwards (what's Edward's throwing range, 45 yards max? with the wind)... and let's not mention the offensive coordinators. Put him on the Chargers, Giants, Steelers, Colts, or Patriots and he be catching 100 balls and 15 TDs a season

IMO... Schobel's a workhorse at 243 lbs.... he just doesn't have any competent help. You wanna give him up to New England? He'd be a superstar OLB in Belichick's 3-4 and end up with 25 sacks.

Dockery... I'll give ya that one...I'm not sure I'd want him as a backup at the NFL minimum wage.

Kelsay... Big mistake showing an average (at best) DE the money.

Evans... come on... his QBs have been JP Losman and the dink & dunk brothers Holcomb & Edwards (what's Edward's throwing range, 45 yards max? with the wind)... and let's not mention the offensive coordinators. Put him on the Chargers, Giants, Steelers, Colts, or Patriots and he be catching 100 balls and 15 TDs a season

IMO Schobel & Evans are #2 at their positions. Both would be better if they had a more dominating player playing with them, which is why I feel they are overpaid.

IMO Schobel & Evans are #2 at their positions. Both would be better if they had a more dominating player playing with them, which is why I feel they are overpaid.

Yea and my HS teams passing game would have been more "dominant" if Peyton Manning was our QB. Schobel was a #1 end for one year, now he stinks. Why did they give him a huge extension when he had a Jason Peters Esq 3 years left on his deal again? Lee Evens is a #1 WR, he deserved it, although im not sure if he deserved that much. Moss and Plaxico both got less money per year just 6 montsh before...

Yea and my HS teams passing game would have been more "dominant" if Peyton Manning was our QB. Schobel was a #1 end for one year, now he stinks. Why did they give him a huge extension when he had a Jason Peters Esq 3 years left on his deal again? Lee Evens is a #1 WR, he deserved it, although im not sure if he deserved that much. Moss and Plaxico both got less money per year just 6 montsh before...

I always thought Schobel would be a great #2 a la Phil Hansen. And with Kelsay making the money he's making at #2 I wouldn't mind cutting him and keeping Schobel at the comparable rate with a bonafide #1 pass rusher.

When he did play, he didn't have good stats and you don't play that kind of money to a player for that kind of production.

a) Stats don't mean dick; he was making plays on every part of the field and doing all the things that make the people around him better.

b) When he got hurt he was leading the entire NFL in tackles by a DLinemen.

What a terrible statistic. :sick:

a) Stats don't mean dick; he was making plays on every part of the field and doing all the things that make the people around him better.

Yes, tackles are part of being a defensive end, but so is rushing the QB. Schobel had 1 good year of pressuring the QB when he had 14.5 sacks. Look at what he did against NE last year, not much, and Brady carved us up twice scoring 94 points in 2 games.

You haven't heard? The new, and only important aspect of a Defence know is pressuring a QB, anything else is not important. Schobel didn't get enough pressure on the QB, so hence forth, he is garbage