Winds of Change

Pass the Pipe

Well you better be prepared to give him another year cause I don't see them going in a different direction. As a matter of fact the smart play would be to bring in a guy like Griese as a back-up for pretty short money on a one or two year deal and back him up.

I agree, we are stuck with him. He can be pretty good in the right system, a conservative run-first set-up, but I am not back-off my porcelain doll perception of him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we are stuck with him. He can be pretty good in the right system, a conservative run-first set-up, but I am not back-off my porcelain doll perception of him.

Pipe, he's been getting pummeled the last couple of games and kept getting up time and again. I wouldn't consider him a "porcelain doll". I wonder what nickname you had for Losman?

You can't blame the Bills collapse on Edwards.... The Bills best two players are their running backs and no one in the organization can try to design an offense around them. Carolina, NYG, Tenn have all have offenses designed around their running backs and their QBs playaction and work well in a system. That is what we should be trying to accomplish. Jauron has to go because he is soft and stupid and his players play bad under him. We have the pieces to turn this around in one year like Miami, but we will not hire the right people to do so.

You can't blame the Bills collapse on Edwards.... The Bills best two players are their running backs and no one in the organization can try to design an offense around them. Carolina, NYG, Tenn have all have offenses designed around their running backs and their QBs playaction and work well in a system. That is what we should be trying to accomplish. Jauron has to go because he is soft and stupid and his players play bad under him. We have the pieces to turn this around in one year like Miami, but we will not hire the right people to do so.

Yeah...when you think about it when you put the right system and talent around the two RB's and Edwards, you probably get a pretty damn good offense...

Pipe - This is the first year in many where I did not really watch much of the past 8 games - I'll trust your sources because I have heard the same. It's said, but I could have Tivo'd and listened to the entire game - I did neither, chosing rather to listen to the Saints game on the Sirius.

Anyway, given this is an epitath of sorts, you should have really filled in all the blanks - I will add some favorites:

- How 'bout that draft? I think I would have landed better talent with my outdated Sporting News draft guide and a couple of calls to friends in the business... McKelvin is the athlete we thought he was but (1) why did the coaching staff wait so long to give him a chance and (2) Did we really need the CB with so many other needs? After that...Caibrutta Ratza as a great man once said...

- From the player personnel folks - If I read one more time that we didn't draft #### because they did not fit our scheme, I might climb the bell tower. I love the fact that Ngata was a bad fit, or maybe Martellus Bennet or another pass catching tight end...You see those giant DT's really can't make plays on our scheme and pass catching TE's, who needs them when you can get a blocker like Royal in the free agency...

- Lastly - the Ralph himself....Only Jerry Jones amuses me more with his brand of foolishness....but at least he is visible and you know he is screwing the preverbial pooch...Ralph, he just f-cks with things subversively...I've said it many times - until the man passes the team on, they are doomed to fail.

Anyway - thanks to the Bills for moving me to the point to killing my Sunday ticket package...I have had for the past 8 years....but no more my friends. While we were unable to send Ralph a message this final week, I will live my word no spend any more time and resources on this team until they prove they are a competent organization....

:lol::lol: Hey Pipe, you are pretty funny when you're not trying to organize first quarter walk-outs. Points 2 & 3 are my hotpoints right about now. Dockery and Poz really have sucked this year, and these two guys were supposed to be two of our best players. If Wilson really is upset, and fires Dick, he better send Modrak and Guy out the door with him.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Wilson is supposed to be giving Modrak more of a "say-so" in personel decisions for the Bills. Wilson loves the guy and has been trying to get him to take the GM job for a while. Modrak refuses because he likes being on the road scouting the players. I don't think that this scenario that has unfolded is really his fault. I think this is more Levy and Wilson than anything.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Wilson is supposed to be giving Modrak more of a "say-so" in personel decisions for the Bills. Wilson loves the guy and has been trying to get him to take the GM job for a while. Modrak refuses because he likes being on the road scouting the players. I don't think that this scenario that has unfolded is really his fault. I think this is more Levy and Wilson than anything.

You have to ask - can Modrak play nice with Ralph's daughter? Sorry, but if the stories are true and she was somehow even remotely accountable for Polian leaving...I am not sure that it will work...but who knows, maybe she actually can evaluate talent....(then again, she has been with this org for many years now...and our drafts suck...).

I can actually see that...Ralph has been such a Johnny come lately, well, lately, that it wouldn't surprise me that he's more likely to blow it up now after watching what Miami did.

The only problem is Ralph will never spend the money to have a Parcells type person in here...that would cost 10+ million for him, which is way, way way more than he is willing to spend...Ralph has champagne tastes on a wine cooler budget...

The only problem is Ralph will never spend the money to have a Parcells type person in here...that would cost 10+ million for him, which is way, way way more than he is willing to spend...Ralph has champagne tastes on a wine cooler budget...

I also don't think Ralph will do that, but it isn't simply because he is "cheap", IMO. I don't think Ralph feels that anyone, including Parcells, is a guaranteed solution, and that it isn't worth the money you would need to spend to get a guy like him. Also, let's not pretend that Parcells has any interest in coming to Buffalo, when he could go to a major market and/or big money franchise...I don't think he's going to Cincinnati or Detroit, either.

But, if it was possible to get Parcells, the Bills would likely have to pay him several million dollars MORE than some other franchise, and Ralph is probably too cheap to do THAT.

I also don't think Ralph will do that, but it isn't simply because he is "cheap", IMO. I don't think Ralph feels that anyone, including Parcells, is a guaranteed solution, and that it isn't worth the money you would need to spend to get a guy like him. Also, let's not pretend that Parcells has any interest in coming to Buffalo, when he could go to a major market and/or big money franchise...I don't think he's going to Cincinnati or Detroit, either.

But, if it was possible to get Parcells, the Bills would likely have to pay him several million dollars MORE than some other franchise, and Ralph is probably too cheap to do THAT.

I have to disagree - If the Bills would have approached last year for a similar situaiton that he has in Miami - he would have considered it. I think it's funny that people think BPl some kind of big city guy. He's a Jersey guy who has a house in upstate NY - loves it up here and hated it in Dallas...(and yes, I do know this from the horses mouth...). That said, Ralph got scorched by a big named GM in Donohoe, unless those wounds have healed, he is going to continue with his current approach....Schottenheimer would have been a good low budget Parcells, but I hear KC has flown in him already...

My sources from in and around the organization have Wilson firing Jauron by Wednesday at the latest. Wilson is very upset about the collapse and he is having a hard time dealing with the Dolphins immediate success. We will see.

That said, pictures worth a 1000 words:

1.) Whitner getting laid out by a journeyman back, "so much for backing up the playoffs declaration"

2.) How about the $49 million dollar left guard giving up another game changing sack; "nice job Marv"

3.) How did Poz sell so many shirts in Buffalo?

4.) Edwards wearing a glove on his throwing hand, a real tough AFC East guy?

5.) Laugh, but we might actually take another secondary player in the first round, Travis Mays, USC, because we don't have a competent safety on the roster. Have Whitner and Simpson come close to intercepting a ball this year?

6.) Dick Jauron wearing a headset, in Las Vegas that immediate translates into +4 points

I can go on and on.

Happy New Years

You forgot to mention once again the offensive play calls were sickening. I know the weather dictated that passes were to be few and far between but in every other game this year Edwards was mr dump off with throws to the line of scrimmage or barely beyond. why not today to break up the tempo enough to leve NE with a bit of a guess.

Also less visable but as important lost timouts and inept clock management.

The more I think of it, the whole Whitner pick - sucked beyond all reaons - just look at some of the other guys taken in the first round that either "did not fit our system" or maybe...just maybe, we missed all together:

(9) Detroit Lions - Ernie Simms - OLB - Would look nice...

(11) St. Louis Rams - TRADED TO BRONCOS - Jay Cutler - QB - Would look nice...

(12) Cleveland Browns - TRADED TO RAVENS - Haloti Ngata - DT - Hang our heads in shame missing this one...

(13) Baltimore Ravens - TRADED TO BROWNS - Kamerion Wimbley - DE - Would look nice...

(14) Philadelphia Eagles - Brodrick Buckley - DT - Would look nice - but hey, we got mound of sh-t McCargo who made Mario Williams look good!

(17) Minnesota Vikings - Chad Greenway - OLB

(19) San Diego Chargers - Antonio Cromartie - CB

(20) Kansas City Chiefs - Tamba Hali - DE

(22) San Francisco 49ers (from Denver) - Manny Lawson - DE

(23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Davin Joseph - OG

(25) New York Giants TRADED TO STEELERS - Santonio Holmes - WR

(27) Carolina Panthers - Deangelo Williams - RB

(29) New York Jets (from Denver) - Nick Mangold - OC

(30) Indianapolis Colts - Joseph Addai - RB

(32) Pittsburgh Steelers - Mathias Kiwanuka - DE

And just for grins - these two round 2 gems could have been had;

OLB - Demico Ryans

T - Marcus McNeill

Has enough time passed to finally grade this draft as a D+ at best??? Let us now bow to Marv's genius....

I have to disagree - If the Bills would have approached last year for a similar situaiton that he has in Miami - he would have considered it. I think it's funny that people think BPl some kind of big city guy. He's a Jersey guy who has a house in upstate NY - loves it up here and hated it in Dallas...(and yes, I do know this from the horses mouth...). That said, Ralph got scorched by a big named GM in Donohoe, unless those wounds have healed, he is going to continue with his current approach....Schottenheimer would have been a good low budget Parcells, but I hear KC has flown in him already...

I have no inside info on Parcells, but I heard the same thing from a bartender at a joint Parcells apparently frequents in Saratoga. For what it's worth . . . .

I would hope that if they did make a contract extension offer to DJ that is had some conditions on it like, if the team misses the playoffs, this deal is null and void. I really think if DJ and crew stick around for another season we will see fan reactions a la 1984 when the team was on their second 2-14 season. The money is there from NFL shared resources and RW's Toronto deal. We need a real coach and a real GM. Remember Marv was a "failed" NFL coach with KC and had success in the CFL Pollian brough him in. More important then the coach is the GM, We got rogered and good by TD but there has to be someone RW can trush. If not, I am afraid we could finish behind Detroit next year.