OK, I'll throw it out there....Plaxico Burress?

marauderswr80

Any takers if the Giants part ways with him? He would be a huge addition to the Bills offense, he would get away from the big city of New York........Buffalo could be a nice place for him to regroup and start his career over.....

BY NO MEANS am I saying hey lets go grab him.....but I do think its worth the discussion if he can be had.....

Fire away....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any takers if the Giants part ways with him? He would be a huge addition to the Bills offense, he would get away from the big city of New York........Buffalo could be a nice place for him to regroup and start his career over.....

BY NO MEANS am I saying hey lets go grab him.....but I do think its worth the discussion if he can be had.....

Fire away....

I'll go first...NO

His personal issues (which are substantial) aside, we absolutely, positively, under no circumstances need the guy. If anything, we should be looking to shed one of our receivers. With Steve Johnson showing mega-promise, Evans doing his thing, Reed being our MVP, and keeping our collective fingers crossed that Hardy pans out (I'm still confident), we don't need Plax, and we certainly don't need his contract.

I'll go first...NO

His personal issues (which are substantial) aside, we absolutely, positively, under no circumstances need the guy. If anything, we should be looking to shed one of our receivers. With Steve Johnson showing mega-promise, Evans doing his thing, Reed being our MVP, and keeping our collective fingers crossed that Hardy pans out (I'm still confident), we don't need Plax, and we certainly don't need his contract.

We don't need his contract? Aren't we consistently way under the cap? And you can never EVER have too many good wide receivers.

Fire away....

http://www.nfl.com/players/plaxicoburress/...le?id=BUR595691

22 catches for 273 yards and Zero tds as rookie...Let's give Hardy a little time before we look for a replacement

Besides, at least Hardy just threatens to shoot other people, not himself. :angry:

I hated Plex when he was with Pittsburgh. The guy was so soft it was laughable--the only thing he could do was wave his hand and beg for PI flags.

When he went to the Giants, he was definitely better--but I always wondered whether that was more of an aberration than anything else.

Now, with the drama, why assume the risk on a player who might not be that good and can also at the same time get other guys on the team into trouble?

No to Plex...we dont need the drama

Yes to TJ Houshmandzadeh or Marques Colston if you are looking for Veteran WRs (both are free agents this winter)that would take the pressure off Evans in a heartbeat :angry:

I have to say NO to Burress. Just way to much baggage involved with him. TJ on the other hand would be an outstanding acquisition to be a compliment to our current 1B receiver in Evans. The jury is still out on whether Evans is still a capable true #1 and if TJ was to join him as a 1A and Evans, a 1B, the Bills would be set with the starting 3 receivers with Reed being a true #3 and Hardy or Johnson would join the corps as the #4 and #5's.

Fire away....

Ah,,,No. If we go after a FA lets make it TJ Hoosyurmomma.

Isn't he set to be in prison for the rest of his productive years as a WR? Or did I miss something?

you are correct. unless mayor bloomberg gives him a pardon, he's subject to the new gun control law in new york state, which mandates a minimum prison sentance of 3.5 years for any offense involving the carrying of an unlicensed firearm.

Isn't he set to be in prison for the rest of his productive years as a WR? Or did I miss something?

Even if he isn't. I do recall him shooting himself in the leg. A fairly useful limb in the world of wide-receivers . I disagree with the original poster in even making this thread. It just adds to the mixture of insane babble that Bills fans go through in order to cope with yet another losing season.

Fire away....

Can you imagine the marriage of Burress and Jauron? I can see Plax now, walking down the tunnel at the Ralph with his arm around Dick whistling "These Boots are Made for Walkin."

typical bills fans...B word B word B word that all our players suck, then piss on better players because they are not "good enough" people for us.

of course i'd take burress right fekking now. future hall-of-famer steve johnson's contributions notwithstanding, he'd be by far the best WR on the roster.

Even if he isn't. I do recall him shooting himself in the leg. A fairly useful limb in the world of wide-receivers . I disagree with the original poster in even making this thread. It just adds to the mixture of insane babble that Bills fans go through in order to cope with yet another losing season.

That gun possession charge in NYC people do not walk away from,he will be sharing a cell somewhere for a few years.

physco-babble idiocy,while on the subject of criminals why not bring in Mike Vick so Plax can learn to shoot dogs instead of his leg.Then we can trade Jason Peters to Dallas for "pacman" Jones,seems like a perfect fit because he could go to Canada to get into nightclub shootings :angry:

So you think Plax should be on our roster? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Well I certainly don't think that wide receiver is our biggest need, but I definitely wouldn't be complaining if we signed him. Of course, a prison sentence negates that statement. We all know that a big tall possession receiver would benefit the team, especially if Hardy doesn't turn out to be that guy.

Absolutely. I'm not usually a fan of low character guys, but Plax seems to come to play when he is on the field. He is a top receiving threat that forces a total shift in defensive focus. Evans would be a pro bowler opposite Burress. No one could stack the box against Lynch. Simply put, there is not another player the Bills could possibly get in '09 that would make such a dramatic improvement in the offense. I would take him in a second.

Obviously, any discussion of him is subject to resolution of his legal issues.