Who to draft in round one?

bizell

If Everette Brown is still there I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform.

Of course, I'm an FSU-alum, so that's a biased view, but I've also been very impressed by how well I've seen him play. Great athlete, good body-type for the position (has that same sort of square but muscular build Bruce had) and from what I've seen he plays until the whistle every time.

Everette has been a terror for us this year. 12.5 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss. You're dead on that the guy goes whistle to whistle and just makes plays. He's been doing this for the past 2-3 years now. He's listed as a "tweener" but at 252, he weighs more than our DE's. I think he's got the versatility to play OLB in a 3-4 (which seems to be what FSU DEs traditionally do) as well as tack on 15-20 lbs and play as a 4-3 DE.

Bob, I don't think he's a bust. I am a bit disappointed in some of the fundamental flaws I see in his play: poor tackling angles, no pop @ the point of attack, and failure to get the proper depth on his dropbacks (something he had NO problem w/ while @ PENN STATE). In this Tampa 2 hybrid something or other (crap) defense, he's not going to be asked to shoot the gap constantly. That's the responsibility of our front line, in particular our DEs. Hahaha!!!

Rich, i know you've been down on Poz's play for a while now, but do you think he'd be better suited in a traditional 4-3 as opposed to the tampa-2?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everette has been a terror for us this year. 12.5 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss. You're dead on that the guy goes whistle to whistle and just makes plays. He's been doing this for the past 2-3 years now. He's listed as a "tweener" but at 252, he weighs more than our DE's. I think he's got the versatility to play OLB in a 3-4 (which seems to be what FSU DEs traditionally do) as well as tack on 15-20 lbs and play as a 4-3 DE.

Rich, i know you've been down on Poz's play for a while now, but do you think he'd be better suited in a traditional 4-3 as opposed to the tampa-2?

I think any of our back 7 would be better suited in a defense where there's more size and power up front and a consistent push up the edge. If that's a 3-4, more traditional 4-3, or the current scheme, those are the key (and, right now, missing) items.

best defensive front 7 guy available. If that's Rey Maualuga from USC I'm happy with it. I think he is athletic enough to play on the inside or outside. And if we had him I'd hope we'd rush linebackers more often than we currently do.

George Selvie is another DE to consider.

best defensive front 7 guy available. If that's Rey Maualuga from USC I'm happy with it. I think he is athletic enough to play on the inside or outside. And if we had him I'd hope we'd rush linebackers more often than we currently do.

George Selvie is another DE to consider.

I really like Rey Maualuga too, but think he'll be gone. If he is, I think they need to get an O lineman or a DT or DE. They've gotta work on that foundation. It is amazing how much better the LBs will look with a good push up front. Its amazing how much better the run game looks with top end O-lineman leading the way.

I'm not saying he's "The Guy," but if Maualuga is available and the best available on the Bills' board, why not take him? Posluszny has proven NOTHING at MLB other than the fact he's ridiculously overrated.

Rey at MLB and Posluszny taking over for Crowell on the strong-side would likely be an improvement for this mediocre LB corps.

Rookies learning the C2 take time. That goes for each position, particularly LB's who drop into zone coverage. I think Posluszny will improve in his second full season. But it is concerning he hasn't developed quicker.

Alex Mack....Center from California.

The Bills need a solid center for all the 3-4 they face in the AFC East. The go value for DTs/DEs in the next couple of rounds.

Drafting a center is ridiculous. There are other center's available this year, namely Unger, Luigs, and Mack. I wouldn't be surprised if C was addressed in FA or the 2nd round.

who would you pick w/ our first rounder? Assuming we pick a DE.

Orakpo is the concensus #1 DE, but he'll probably be gone by our slot.

Everette Brown and Michael Johnson are probably the next two guys.. I wouldn't mind either.

CENTER is the pressing Need and Alex MAck will be my pick reach or not!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

I don't know if you've noticed but Duke has actually opened up some holes the last few weeks. I don't think centeris the first round need it was.

At the end of the season all our center are Free agents you actually think Duke is worth the Starting money of a center? I dont think so.

I don't think that there wil be a DE worth the slot the Bills will be drafting. Brian Orakpo should be long gone and Tyson Jackson, Michael Johnson, Evrette Brown are gambles that this team can't afford. I safer plan is to sign Terrell Suggs or Bertrand Berry in free agency. Then with there 1st round pick select TE Brandon Pettigrew. One of the most talented offensive prospects in this draft, Pettigrew (6' 6" 260 lbs) is special. He is a huge tight end that can both block, run and catch.

a few things:

maualuga (sp?) is a mike(mlb)

cody is staying in school for his senior year.

greg hardy is interesting. the ole miss line was absolutely beastly this year.

Anyone who thinks Maualuga can only play MLB obviously hasn't seen him play.

I'd like to get another stud DT to stick in the rotation with Stroud and Williams. Getting more push up the middle will make Schobel and Kelsay better.

Who are the top DT prospects?

Can you explain how a DT, or anyone for that matter, can somehow make Kelsay and Schobel acquire actual pass rushing moves and quickness, and beat an OT one on one?

Lets get someone that makes Robert Royal a better pass receiver, too.