$1.6 Billion of bank bailout money went to...

Tux of Borg

No no, they're not bonuses, they were "retention payouts." I think I'm going to go out of my way to avoid giving my money to AIG in any form. A friend of mine that I work with has a relative that owns a construction company. Their major backer is AIG. He's told me they've had a huge drop in business and (besides the economy) one of the reasons is that affiliation.

wtf?? Fvck bailing out all these aholes. Bills should get in line if they want to keep bailing out ahole operations. Why not? At least you could argue that the entire psyche of a region would be boosted by such a move. Hey, as long as they are tossing money around like we actually have it. 50 million or so for the Bills would be a drop in the bucket. While there at it they can send some cash the Lions was as well.

Awesome. These frickwads need extra money to do their jobs properly. Possibly time for a new American revolution.

Maybe so. A government that asks for a little self reliance from both it's citizens and it's corporate entities. A government that is absolutely a lobbyist free zone. Lobbyist has a wide spectrum of culprits under it's umbrella for me. This includes religion, unions, oil and car companies etc.

Maybe so. A government that asks for a little self reliance from both it's citizens and it's corporate entities. A government that is absolutely a lobbyist free zone. Lobbyist has a wide spectrum of culprits under it's umbrella for me. This includes religion, unions, oil and car companies etc.

We should create some sort of document that limits what government can do. We could base our whole country around it. It would be beautiful.

This is not surprising at all. They are so disconnected from the majority of Americans that don't see this as wrong. Even though they :beer: ed up horribly it doesn't mean they don't deserve their outrageous compensation.

It's cool, I bet the auto bailout turns out much better.

i'd be interested to know how much of these payments happened after the bailout vs before. Or is this article taking any expenses from the entire year from any company who got anything from the bailout?

what about a guy in a division that did great and made a ton of money, but whose company as a whole didn't do great - can that guy get a bonus?

there's always more to the story.