So The AP Reports Ralph Wilson

BuffaloBaumer

Now that we know this, I would not be surprised if his time here depends on a victory against New England. Maybe Ralph wants to see how Richard is going to prove to him that he can FINALLY beat NE (without Brady).

How many people here would like a loss to NE if it means a new coaching staff. I, for one, was very excited to see the players happy yesterday but if this next game means a chance for Dick to continue his losing ways in another city, I am all for it. Spare me all the "you call yourself a real fan" as well.

I saw Jauron lose, lose and lose in Chicago and now I see it here. I will sacrifice one meaningless game for the future of this team!! Isn't it obvious that players like playing for this guy because he NEVER holds anyone accountable. Nobody is scared for their job...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I feel the same in some ways. I want my team to win, I want my team to knock off the Patriots for this year. I want Buffalo to show me they can play good football against a good football team. But in the end I know what can happen if they do that. First draft position, Another win can set us back a few very important spots. Before the Denver game I said hey no biggie if we lose, just better draft position, but.......3rd quarter here I am jumping up and down cheering my team on to win the ball game. I just dont know how to feel anymore about this team. I want whats best for them. Its nice to see the guys smile after a nice win on the road against a playoff team. Its nice to have something else to talk about other then bad coaching or poor play calling.

Like a part of me says hey......the players are really backing Jauron, now should we as fans do the same? I hear the owner say we dont have talent to win. Well I seen some nice talent yesterday with Johnson, Corner & McKelvin.

I guess im just confused when it comes to the Bills. Like I want them to do well, but on the other hand I know them doing well can cost them for a few years.

I can tell you this, if they choose to fire Jauron, they damn well better get a staff in here that can make things right! I look at Miami & Atlanta teams who stunk last year and completely turned everything around. I guess that kinda gives me hope if another staff comes here.....

But really im too confused, I dont know how to feel!

See I feel the same in some ways. I want my team to win, I want my team to knock off the Patriots for this year. I want Buffalo to show me they can play good football against a good football team. But in the end I know what can happen if they do that. First draft position, Another win can set us back a few very important spots. Before the Denver game I said hey no biggie if we lose, just better draft position, but.......3rd quarter here I am jumping up and down cheering my team on to win the ball game. I just dont know how to feel anymore about this team. I want whats best for them. Its nice to see the guys smile after a nice win on the road against a playoff team. Its nice to have something else to talk about other then bad coaching or poor play calling.

Like a part of me says hey......the players are really backing Jauron, now should we as fans do the same? I hear the owner say we dont have talent to win. Well I seen some nice talent yesterday with Johnson, Corner & McKelvin.

I guess im just confused when it comes to the Bills. Like I want them to do well, but on the other hand I know them doing well can cost them for a few years.

I can tell you this, if they choose to fire Jauron, they damn well better get a staff in here that can make things right! I look at Miami & Atlanta teams who stunk last year and completely turned everything around. I guess that kinda gives me hope if another staff comes here.....

But really im too confused, I dont know how to feel!

I'll root for the 2009 team when it's 2009, thank you very much.

You got a link to the AP article, OP? Never mind, it's the first article on TBD.

More cloak and dagger, "it's none of your damn business......but would you pay your invoice, please?" treatment from the Bills.

What are the chances Modrak is the "deep throat" scout in that PFW piece?

What are the chances Modrak is the "deep throat" scout in that PFW piece?

Haha!! I could see someone who has been making a living doing scouting being a bit ticked @ some guy who knows zilch 'bout personnel issues trying to pass himself off as one of the boys. That might not be the case, but I sure could see it.

Now that we know this, I would not be surprised if his time here depends on a victory against New England. Maybe Ralph wants to see how Richard is going to prove to him that he can FINALLY beat NE (without Brady).

How many people here would like a loss to NE if it means a new coaching staff. I, for one, was very excited to see the players happy yesterday but if this next game means a chance for Dick to continue his losing ways in another city, I am all for it. Spare me all the "you call yourself a real fan" as well.

I saw Jauron lose, lose and lose in Chicago and now I see it here. I will sacrifice one meaningless game for the future of this team!! Isn't it obvious that players like playing for this guy because he NEVER holds anyone accountable. Nobody is scared for their job...

NE is playing for its life. The Bills are not going to beat Belichick under THAT scenario.

Not happy that RW is looking to increase the role of Modrak, at least according to the article. The Bills need a full-time football guy as GM. This sounds like another band-aid, or a way to keep the status quo. I think this is the most important need at this point, particularly since this is the person who should make the decision about the head coach and staff.

Not happy that RW is looking to increase the role of Modrak, at least according to the article. The Bills need a full-time football guy as GM. This sounds like another band-aid, or a way to keep the status quo. I think this is the most important need at this point, particularly since this is the person who should make the decision about the head coach and staff.

If I know Ralph, the reason he wants Modrak more involved, I would wager, is that he likely feels like he is paying him too much to live in Florida, and work for the team from home...something has always struck me as odd about Modraks' role with the Bills....from what I know of Modrak, he has been approached several times, by different teams, about being a GM, and he had no interest. It almost sounds like the guy has some sort of social anxiety issues, and much prefers to work anonymously, and behind the scenes...maybe Ralph is starting to wonder what he is paying him for, exactly...

More cloak and dagger, "it's none of your damn business......but would you pay your invoice, please?" treatment from the Bills.

Bad news for those that want Jauron replaced. Usually it's a vote of confidence from the owner that leads to the firing of the coach.

To me, Ralph's quote is his way of saying to the fans that he's not happy with the season and that he's looking at the situation when really he plans to keep the coach.

To me, Ralph's quote is his way of saying to the fans that he's not happy with the season and that he's looking at the situation when really he plans to keep the coach.

Well...He's going to be even less happy when He sees those ticket Sales plummet...Between the Economy and the distain for Dead Dick I'm wondering how bad it's going to get...It will not be good if Jauron stays, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Brandon will tell Ralph as much in no uncertain terms...

I'm cancelling My NFL Package if Jauron returns...I just can't take this garbage from a HC who is a proven loser any longer...I figure if I'm going to cancel My NFL Package, something I never thought I would do in a million Years, then LOTS of Folks in Buffalo are going to stay away from Stadium...I know it's an assumption, but I have to figure a ton of Bills Fans are pretty fed up... :lol:

Bad news for those that want Jauron replaced. Usually it's a vote of confidence from the owner that leads to the firing of the coach.

I am certain that the Bills will issue a denial on this. They have always declined to comment until after the season. Why would Ralph issue a vote of uncertian confidence the week before a game with New England? He would not he would have waited one week until the season is over.

The Bills will Deny this in public. A slip of the tounge by Ralph ... Unless he has someone in mind already?

From that article, it pretty much tells me nothing will change other then they will give Modrak a little more work. Nothing will change. And also after reading that article it told me as long as Ralph is the owner, he will be in charge and its his way of the highway.....until he cuts ties with the team, I see no major changes with anything. He think we have a playoff team, didnt he say we didnt have talent a week ago? So im kinda confused here? We have the talent or we dont?

If he thinks we can make the playoffs next year he's sadly mistaken! 2009 schedule is way more brutal then this year MINUS BRADY I might add.......

If this is to be believed, and coming from the AP I'm probably is, at least we won't have to wait long to know. But you can't help but get the feeling that if we win against NE (which would be a big deal because we haven't beat them in forever and a day), that it may save his job for at least one more year.

It's a conflicting feeling because you never want to see your team lose, yet the overwhelming majority opinion is that Jauron has to go.

And finishing the season on a two game win streak over teams with winning records is certainly a positive.

Thats the thing, if he beats NE he very well may keep his job. He dont deserve to by any means, but he very well could save his job.....On the other hand if they get waxed by NE.......it will get interesting.....

But now you wonder where the reports come about the contract extension, now if there actually was one, it tells me it was based on performance.

Thats the thing, if he beats NE he very well may keep his job. He dont deserve to by any means, but he very well could save his job.....On the other hand if they get waxed by NE.......it will get interesting.....

But now you wonder where the reports come about the contract extension, now if there actually was one, it tells me it was based on performance.

Another loss to NE would also make us 0-6 in the division on the year and that can't sit well with anyone, even a cheap guy like 'ol Ralphie.

I wanna beat NE and see DJ get fired. Why can't I have my cake and eat it too!? :lol:

LINKY

included in the article is this:

Wilson is also preparing to tinker with the power structure within his front office by providing Modrak a larger voice in football decisions by adding him to what the owner called, "the inner circle."

Wilson said the decision is not a knock against Brandon, who is completing his first year as the Bills top day-to-day executive.

Wilson foresees a small committee of executives overseeing the franchise's daily operation.

"We're going to have a lot more communication between the top people," Wilson said. "One man's not going to be calling the shots."

I will not root for the team to lose. It is up to management to identify what is a real indicator of future results, versus a rare surprise. I can only BARELY envision the Bills winning this game, but even if they did it will only serve as the last game in Jauron's run of only 1 winning season in 8 tries. EVEN IF JAURON WERE KEPT AND HAD A WINNING SEASON NEXT YEAR......see Norv Turner. Losers with good teams lose. Losers with very good teams disappoint and that's all Bills fans have to look forward to with Jauron.