I get the feeling that the players did save Jauron's

1billsfan

You guys dont want a coach, you want a cheerleader. Jauron is probably very good between games, he doesnt scream and jump up and down as much as you guys want on Sunday, thats your problem with him. He isn't pretty and he doesnt get all fired up on the sidelines. We have no idea what kind of coach he is.. all you see of him is on the sidelines on Sunday.. thats no way to judge a coach. If the players say he is great, who are we to judge,, they see him in action a ten times more than we do...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys dont want a coach, you want a cheerleader. Jauron is probably very good between games, he doesnt scream and jump up and down as much as you guys want on Sunday, thats your problem with him. He isn't pretty and he doesnt get all fired up on the sidelines. We have no idea what kind of coach he is.. all you see of him is on the sidelines on Sunday.. thats no way to judge a coach. If the players say he is great, who are we to judge,, they see him in action a ten times more than we do...

My opinion of the players liking Jauron and saying he is great, is that he is soft, and doesn't demand alot out of them...lets them take it easy...evidenced by the way they seemingly get pushed around week after week. Yes, we won the Denver game, but deep down i had a feeling we would win, mostly because the game didn't matter.

and heck, if I had a boss who was nice, never made me work, let me have extra days off, never held me accountable for any of my screw ups or shortcomings, I'd love him too!

just my opinion...

Bulllshit.

Being a good coach from Monday to Saturday is meaningless if you can't manage the game come Sunday. And Dick has proven time and time again that he cannot manage games. From time out usages, to play calling, to replay challenges to motivating his players on the field.

I could care less if he's a screamer or a silent leader. But a coach has to be able to do his job when it matters most: ON SUNDAYS.

I truly think that Dick Jauron was a dead man walking at One Bills Drive and that there would be no way he could save his job after his team got pummeled by the Broncos and the Pats no matter how much his players loved him.

I get the feeling things have changed. All Ralph wanted was that little spec of wiggle room to be able to sell a Jauron Season IV. Yesterday's win was big enough to do that. His players did save his fanny.

Maybe Dick can reward them with becoming a smarter head coach. Put in some extra game planning hours. Provide them with the "Monalisa" of game plans for the final game against the Patriots. Sunday is this team's Superbowl...they have yet to beat an AFC East team, they haven't beaten the Patriots in about 11 tries, the Patriots are still playing for a spot and the division title and the Bills can end their 2008 season. Let's see if you can slay the REAL dragon Dicky boy and really earn that Season IV lifeline.

As much as I'd love for our Bills to beat the pats* this weekend, do you honestly think that in a meaningful game for Belicheat we have a snowball's chance in hell? We will be outcoached in 2 out 3 phases in this game and once again Bobby April's ST unit will help keep it closer than it should have been. We'll finish the season at 7-9 for the 3rd season in a row, and hopefully when RW has his annual State of the Bills meeting in Fl., he'll realize that the only way to get the fans' dollars and butts in the seats for 09 is by bringing in a real HC! :)

I don't think the Bills necessarily need to beat the Pats to save Jauron's job. Think they just need to be competitive to the end and keep the score close. However, if they look bad and/or are beaten badly, then he's probably gone..

And it really shouldn't come down to 1 game to determine a coach's future. The whole body of work needs to be evaluated.

When it gets to the point where a coach's job status is dependent on the outcome of 1 game, you really don't want that guy to be your coach, anyway.

And it really shouldn't come down to 1 game to determine a coach's future. The whole body of work needs to be evaluated.

When it gets to the point where a coach's job status is dependent on the outcome of 1 game, you really don't want that guy to be your coach, anyway.

Well said. I'm done with Dick as the coach. He's lost me . . .The first qtr of the broncos game was a perfect example of his coaching ability. the Bills sucked in every phase of the game for most of the first half.

In the first qtr, it looked like they were trying to move the ball with quick passes, which Carolina pulled off successfully last week . . . Denver has one of the worst rush defenses in the league. Now, you're the head coach. What's your game plan? Run at one of the worst rush defenses in the league? With the biggest O-Line in the league?

No . . . Let's try to emulate that Panther's attack with our QB who's coming off a 2 week layoff, and our depleted receiver corps . . .brilliant coaching there fellas. . . .

Granted, they came back in the 2nd half, but that, IMHO, was mostly Trent getting into a groove . . .

The bills consistently look unprepared and outcoached . . . what more needs to be said.

Just my $.02

Yes we do. A Loser.

1 winning season in 8.

Enough said.

End the abortion NOW.

The problem is the line and the coaching- ok, so when is it one or the other- pretty tough to isolate that. I say keep jauron and use the money to buy some linemen instead of buying out his contract and bringing in a guy with no head coaching experience

I will again point to Baltimore, Atlanta and My Yami regarding both new HC and new QB. The notion that change=regression is not valid. Keeping Jauron is tantamount to doing the same thing over and over again and expectinig different results. Ralph doesn't have to bring in a HC with no coaching experience. I don't know how that became part of the equation.

Jauron's resume consists of losing season after losing season. After what, 8 years or so and some of the most horrendous coaching decisions this year, what proof does anyone have to offer that this will suddenly change?

To use a business example: Bad Decisions + 100% effort = Bad Results.

We want R-E-S-U-L-T-S, which is what Ralph should want as well. After all, it's his team and his money and his legacy. I don't care if Jauron wears a pink tutu and dances the Macarena, screams until he's blue in the face or sits on a yoga mat. He hasn't produced. Not in Buffalo, not in Chicago. How many more years of 7-9 will it take to convince you?

Imagine, losing a Monday night home game against a team that beat the defending champion and #1 NFC playoff seed, the Giants.

Your not arguing that the Browns are actually a good team are you? They have lost 5 in a row since their last win. Against us.

As much as I'd love for our Bills to beat the pats* this weekend, do you honestly think that in a meaningful game for Belicheat we have a snowball's chance in hell? We will be outcoached in 2 out 3 phases in this game and once again Bobby April's ST unit will help keep it closer than it should have been. We'll finish the season at 7-9 for the 3rd season in a row, and hopefully when RW has his annual State of the Bills meeting in Fl., he'll realize that the only way to get the fans' dollars and butts in the seats for 09 is by bringing in a real HC! :)

I was impressed with how our team fought in Denver. If they fight like that against the Patriots then I think they'll have a chance to beat them.

Last year I was pissed at how our team finished the season so meekly. Well this year they were fighters at the Meadowlands before Jauron's brain fart of a call, they were fighters in Denver and got the win, if they beat the Patriots and the players are really behind the guy then that complicates my view of things greatly.

I can't stand Dick Jauron as our head coach, I think he's a dolt when it comes to gameplans and gameday decisions. But with this being such a young team and Jauron coaching for his job, maybe both the players and head coach are finally coming together. If the Bills actually do beat the Pats, even a hardcore Jauron hater like me is going to be perplexed on which direction they should go in. I'm angry at why this team didn't fight this way against the Browns and Niners, what a waste of a 5-1 start. Given Jauron and Belichick's track records the Pats should be favored by two touchdowns in this game.

If the players say he is great, who are we to judge,, they see him in action a ten times more than we do...

Well, I read a quote from one of the players that said, "It's not fair; we're a much better team than our record shows." It's good that he believes that, but he is obviously wrong. There is no Bogeyman using his supernatural powers to cause the Bills to fail. As Bill Parcells put it, "You are what your record says you are." For the Jauron era, the record says these Bills are losers.

According to this article Wilson is still on the fence. Frankly, I was surprised to read this. As such, I disagree with the premise of this thread. I think he needs to beat the Pats* to keep his job. If the team loses next week, I think he actually may be gone.

He cannot coach. He doesn't know how to build a team through the draft. He is a lousy field general.

He stays.

Well, I read a quote from one of the players that said, "It's not fair; we're a much better team than our record shows." It's good that he believes that, but he is obviously wrong. There is no Bogeyman using his supernatural powers to cause the Bills to fail. As Bill Parcells put it, "You are what your record says you are." For the Jauron era, the record says these Bills are losers.

That's actually an argument against Jauron....if you're a better team that your record says, that tells me the coaching hasn't done its job.

Who are we to judge huh? Well...Seeing as though "We" can read a Win-Loss Record (51-75 lifetime as a HC, 21-26 with The Bills) pretty easy...And generally Head Coaches are judged by Wins and Losses...I think it's safe to assume a guy who has a losing Record 7 out of 8 Seasons as a HC is not a very good HC...At this point can we not at least ask ourselves if Jaurons one winning Season was a fluke? Lets face facts, one in eight is not very good...Take away that singular winning Season and Jauron's Record is 44-72 as a HC...That's right...A .379 winning percentage...Simply brutal...

You wanna listen to the Players...Go ahead...What are they going to say right now anyway?..."Well...Coach Jauron is a proven loser and does not have Us properly prepared on Sundays." Or..."Coach Jauron simply has no answer for a 3/4 Defense..." Come on? When is the last time You heard a Player say a HC needs to be tougher and more emotional? As long as these Guys are not being embarassed and screamed at they are gonna love the Guy...Whether or not Jauron is a decent Guy He simply does not inspire this Team consistantly enough...

You may not have any idea what kind of HC Jauron is, but I'm crystal clear on this subject...Actually, it seems to Me most Bills Fans are as well...He's a PROVEN loser...Regardless of His personality (and I know He's a decent Man), He does not do what He needs to do as a HC to Win consistantly in The NFL...Were You not paying attention during that 1-7 stretch? Did You not see a Team that was ill-prepared? Did it not remind You of the 1st 2 Years of Dick Ball? What in Gods Name has happened to some Bills Fans? Have Your expectations sunk SO low that these results are now somehow acceptable? Why would You ever think a Guy who has one winning Season in eight as a HC, AND NO WINNING SEASON IN 3 YEARS AS THE BILLS HEAD COACH, will suddenly be able to turn things around? I just don't get it...What has happenend to some Bills Fans...Have You become so completely drunk on the Kool-Aid that you cant see what is obvious right before your eyes? Or has a decade of losing simply lowered your expectations to the point where a HC like Jauron seems acceptable? It's REALLY sad if You ask Me because if enough people simply accept this garbage we will continue to get more of the same...

Those who do not learn from History are destined to repeat it...Look at Jaurons History...The definition of insanity is doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results...Dick has been doing the same thing most of the time since He became an NFL HC...That same thing has been losing...Yet some Bills Fans are expecting that somehow this is going to miraculously change?... I just don't get it... :)

Exactly...

And the sad thing is these Jauron Coached Teams rarely get blown out...They are in most Games but all too often find a way to lose...Look at the 1-7 stretch this Year...The Bills were in all those 7 losses into the 2nd Half of each Game...A Play here and there and things could have been greatly different...But Jauron could not come up with anything...And decisions He made in the Cleveland and Jets Games may very well have cost us those VERY winnable Games...His Team shows up completely flat for Home Games vs. an average 49ers Team and The Bills biggest rival, the Fish...Jauron has a knack for finding ways to lose...even when victory seems certain, or at the very least within reach... :)

Exactly...

And the sad thing is these Jauron Coached Teams rarely get blown out...They are in most Games but all too often find a way to lose...Look at the 1-7 stretch this Year...The Bills were in all those 7 losses into the 2nd Half of each Game...A Play here and there and things could have been greatly different...But Jauron could not come up with anything...And decisions He made in the Cleveland and Jets Games may very well have cost us those VERY winnable Games...His Team shows up completely flat for Home Games vs. an average 49ers Team and The Bills biggest rival, the Fish...Jauron has a knack for finding ways to lose...even when victory seems certain, or at the very least within reach... :)

And on top of all this, we had one of the easiest skeds going. An average team would have gone 10-6 without doing anything special.

I don't care if Jauron wears a pink tutu and dances the Macarena, screams until he's blue in the face or sits on a yoga mat.

I'm sorry but if he does any of these things, I want him back. Someone with those qualities doesn't come around that often...