Trent Fans Bash me all you want

commish95

I still think Trent is afraid to throw the ball downfield.

All this talk about bringing in a WR next year is Non sense. Trent will check off on a regular basis and hit the under-route guy. No need getting an FA WR when you wont use them deep or down the field. Reed has been All world because of this check down mode that Trent has been in. Everybody is in love with Johnson because he also will benifit the dump off passes.

Please dont tell me the WR are not getting open either.

All this talk about bringing in a WR next year is Non sense. Trent will check off on a regular basis and hit the under-route guy. No need getting an FA WR when you wont use them deep or down the field. Reed has been All world because of this check down mode that Trent has been in. Everybody is in love with Johnson because he also will benifit the dump off passes.

Thank you I have been saying this all along. Thats why I was pissed when the resigned Lee Evans to the 9 mill a year Receiver for what we are a dink and dunk team hes not even a goto guy on this roster he is the Deep threat only and if we are not going to throw it deep he should have been franchised and seen if we could ahve gottena number one pick for him and drafted or signed a possesion receiver. :lol:

Thank you I have been saying this all along. Thats why I was pissed when the resigned Lee Evans to the 9 mill a year Receiver for what we are a dink and dunk team hes not even a goto guy on this roster he is the Deep threat only and if we are not going to throw it deep he should have been franchised and seen if we could ahve gottena number one pick for him and drafted or signed a possesion receiver. :lol:

I have said it often but after the win yesterday the Bills faithfull loses sight on a major problem that may or may not be resolved.

The main reason why we don't see the deep ball that much is because every team we play against focuses on Lee Evans. The last few weeks, Josh Reed has been leading the team in receptions & yards. IMO Evans is a 1b receiver (meaning he's better than a #2, but not good enough for a true #1 WR). Evans relies on his speed, when that's gone, he'll probably be another Peerless Price. Maybe Steve Johnson can fill the void and become a legit #2 WR next season? Who knows, but any way you look at it, teams don't fear any of of WR's except for Evans, which is why they double team him & can stack up defenders close. If we had a true #1 WR, you would see more deep passes and also see more yards in the run game, which we saw in 2002 with Moulds, Price & Henry.

He's got to trust that they get open. Watch the pass to Jackson; IMO Edwards waited until he was open before throwing the ball. Watch his throw to Reed (I think it was Reed) on an out. Edwards waits until Reed? makes his cut and is open before throwing the ball. I hate to sound like a broken record...but...he's gotta trust his receivers to get open. If he's going to wait for a downfield receiver to be 'open' he's going to take a sack. Instead he checks down. As he learns to find mis-matches (Jackson on a LB wide) hopefully he'll trust himself and his receivers to make plays.

Every once in a while you gotta take a chance on a deep play.

That make any sense without inflaming the Trentists?

The main reason why we don't see the deep ball that much is because every team we play against focuses on Lee Evans. The last few weeks, Josh Reed has been leading the team in receptions & yards. IMO Evans is a 1b receiver (meaning he's better than a #2, but not good enough for a true #1 WR). Evans relies on his speed, when that's gone, he'll probably be another Peerless Price. Maybe Steve Johnson can fill the void and become a legit #2 WR next season? Who knows, but any way you look at it, teams don't fear any of of WR's except for Evans, which is why they double team him & can stack up defenders close. If we had a true #1 WR, you would see more deep passes and also see more yards in the run game, which we saw in 2002 with Moulds, Price & Henry.

Why repeat anything else after this excellent analysis. Read above and contemplate. We don't have a Brandon Marshall or a Fitz or Boldin. We don't have a true #1 or a true #2.

We can't say what will or won't happen without the talent to play the positions. Evans, no matter what, is not a true #1 and should not have been paid like one. If you think he's getting open and Trent doesn't trust him watch the first Miami game in the 3rd and 4th quarters where he's blanketed and 2 passes become PDs simply because Evans wasn't open and had no separation.

Secondly, did you watch yesterday's game? Marshall and Royal were both open most of the game. A true #1 like Marshall makes a rookie like Royal look that good.

Why repeat anything else after this excellent analysis. Read above and contemplate. We don't have a Brandon Marshall or a Fitz or Boldin. We don't have a true #1 or a true #2.

We can't say what will or won't happen without the talent to play the positions. Evans, no matter what, is not a true #1 and should not have been paid like one. If you think he's getting open and Trent doesn't trust him watch the first Miami game in the 3rd and 4th quarters where he's blanketed and 2 passes become PDs simply because Evans wasn't open and had no separation.

Secondly, did you watch yesterday's game? Marshall and Royal were both open most of the game. A true #1 like Marshall makes a rookie like Royal look that good.

Thanks! Great points you've made as well.

For the sake of argument:

In Tom Brady's 2nd season as a starter, he averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempt with 37 completions of 20+ yards and 3 40+ completions.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/...e?id=BRA371156

Edwards, in his 2nd season (in about 12 games), averages 7.4 ypa and has 35 20+ yard and 5 40+ yard completions.

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/ca...ts?id=EDW720778

I understand what you are saying but Lee has been open, Hardy has been open (when he was playing) but yet Trent will not or does not trust either himself or his WR's. He needs to learn to throw the ball before the WR makes a break. A good example was on the Johnson TD yesterday. The ball was in the air before johnson even turned around.

In Tom Brady's 2nd season as a starter, he averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempt with 37 completions of 20+ yards and 3 40+ completions.

Edwards, in his 2nd season (in about 12 games), averages 7.4 ypa and has 35 20+ yard and 5 40+ yard completions.

...28 touchdowns.

What are you trying to say.... Trent's gay?

I understand what you are saying but Lee has been open, Hardy has been open (when he was playing) but yet Trent will not or does not trust either himself or his WR's. He needs to learn to throw the ball before the WR makes a break. A good example was on the Johnson TD yesterday. The ball was in the air before johnson even turned around.

C.Biscuit sums it up good: "For the sake of argument:

Edwards is a 2nd year QB not a seasoned vet, so he's going to make some mistakes.

:lol: Well said! That is why I don't think Edwards has come close to "coming of age" yet, as other posters think out here. That said, the kid certainly has the talent to take that next step and throw to Evans deep before he checks down in the future.

:lol: Well said! That is why I don't think Edwards has come close to "coming of age" yet, as other posters think out here. That said, the kid certainly has the talent to take that next step and throw to Evans deep before he checks down in the future.

Great comments by many on Trent Edwards. He still has some seasoning to do, but I like his late game composure. Yes, he isn't a deep field thrower (think Chad Pennington, Rich Gannon), but we can still cater to his strengths.

That is why Buffalo needs a TE that acts like a #2 or #3 receiver. He should be the second option besides Evans on almost every pass play. The answer is found in Rounds 2-3 (Pettigrew, Coffman, or Gresham).

Question:

If you had the choice of any one of these TE prospects and knowing that they were available at the Bills slot in the second round, which one would you take and why? Keep in mind the Bills offensive philosophy, etc.

Nightcrawler

Actually, trent threw to jackson before he made his cut. That was the beauty of it.

Losman (the worst QB the bills have ever had) could never make that throw.

He's got to trust that they get open. Watch the pass to Jackson; IMO Edwards waited until he was open before throwing the ball. Watch his throw to Reed (I think it was Reed) on an out. Edwards waits until Reed? makes his cut and is open before throwing the ball. I hate to sound like a broken record...but...he's gotta trust his receivers to get open. If he's going to wait for a downfield receiver to be 'open' he's going to take a sack. Instead he checks down. As he learns to find mis-matches (Jackson on a LB wide) hopefully he'll trust himself and his receivers to make plays.

Every once in a while you gotta take a chance on a deep play.

That make any sense without inflaming the Trentists?

Great comments by many on Trent Edwards. He still has some seasoning to do, but I like his late game composure. Yes, he isn't a deep field thrower (think Chad Pennington, Rich Gannon), but we can still cater to his strengths.

That is why Buffalo needs a TE that acts like a #2 or #3 receiver. He should be the second option besides Evans on almost every pass play. The answer is found in Rounds 2-3 (Pettigrew, Coffman, or Gresham).

Question:

If you had the choice of any one of these TE prospects and knowing that they were available at the Bills slot in the second round, which one would you take and why? Keep in mind the Bills offensive philosophy, etc.

Nightcrawler

FYI...most scouts have Gresham rated as a potential top 10 pick. There is no way he's there in the 2nd round, he is a much better college prospect than Dustin Keller, who went #30 to the Jets last year.