Trent Fans Bash me all you want

commish95

Great comments by many on Trent Edwards. He still has some seasoning to do, but I like his late game composure. Yes, he isn't a deep field thrower (think Chad Pennington, Rich Gannon), but we can still cater to his strengths.

That is why Buffalo needs a TE that acts like a #2 or #3 receiver. He should be the second option besides Evans on almost every pass play. The answer is found in Rounds 2-3 (Pettigrew, Coffman, or Gresham).

Question:

If you had the choice of any one of these TE prospects and knowing that they were available at the Bills slot in the second round, which one would you take and why? Keep in mind the Bills offensive philosophy, etc.

Nightcrawler

I really like what I have seen out of Derek Fine so far. If Hardy can develop in the next few years, we can have a good group- things don't happen overnight

He can get the ball down field......ive seen it many times. Evans is usually doubled, so....other guys have to find ways to get open!

I think Evans showed in the past that he can beat double coverage...if the QB throws the ball in a place where a receiver running at full speed can catch it. If the QB can't or won't throw the ball over the defenders, or the WR has to stop his route completely and wait for the ball, well, that double coverage looks a lot more unbeatable, doesn't it?

The original post has a very valid point. It's rare that you even see Trent try throwing a ball downfield. Obviously, the guy's a better QB than Losman, but one thing that I credit JP for (and it might be the only thing) is that he is willing to put the ball up and let the receiver make a play on it (i.e. against the Jets in NY last year). I'd at least like to see Trent do that more often. As you said, it's not like he can't do it, it's just that he doesn't seem too inclined to try.