Reggie Corner

Jerry Jabber

I don't get this coaching staff, last year it took for Anthony Thomas to get injured & Fred Jackson to step in and show that he should of been playing all season long after he had a great pre-season. Now it looks the same with Reggie Corner. He had a very good pre-season and he played great today. He had a fumble recovery, an INT (called back from a terrible holding penalty), plus a couple passes defended including the last play in the end zone. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of Reggie Corner & Steve Johnson next season.

I don't get this coaching staff, last year it took for Anthony Thomas to get injured & Fred Jackson to step in and show that he should of been playing all season long after he had a great pre-season. Now it looks the same with Reggie Corner. He had a very good pre-season and he played great today. He had a fumble recovery, an INT (called back from a terrible holding penalty), plus a couple passes defended including the last play in the end zone. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of Reggie Corner & Steve Johnson next season.

Don't forget about Jabari Greer.

Great pre-season, but only got a chance when injuries became an issue.

Stevie Johnson is the latest guy who appears to be good enough to start but because our coaching staff doesn't recognize it until the players force them to.

Don't forget about Jabari Greer.

Great pre-season, but only got a chance when injuries became an issue.

Stevie Johnson is the latest guy who appears to be good enough to start but because our coaching staff doesn't recognize it until the players force them to.

Great point about Greer. Greer should of been starting at the beginning of the 07' season.

Great point about Greer. Greer should of been starting at the beginning of the 07' season.

People have a lot of complaints about our coaching staff, but what about the point you bring up? Player recognition.

It's an important thing. And it takes an injury for our coaching staff to realize the talent we have. I have an issue with that.

Even a dummy like me was calling for that then:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=61440&hl=

The truth is DJ and the staff are cautious and don't trust the young, unproven guys.

But as for Corner, nice game--esp. since it was clear that Cutler was trying to pick on him.

Also a nice game from McKelvin and McGee (I think McKelvin was the guy who had the pick that was called back, no?)

The truth is DJ and the staff are cautious and don't trust the young, unproven guys.

But as for Corner, nice game--esp. since it was clear that Cutler was trying to pick on him.

Also a nice game from McKelvin and McGee (I think McKelvin was the guy who had the pick that was called back, no?)

That was a horsecrap call against Stroud! :angry:

Jack-Ass Ref! :flip off:

I'm not sure I'd call it a nice game. How many yards did cutler throw for against our secondary?

I'm not sure I'd call it a nice game. How many yards did cutler throw for against our secondary?

True. But that was a tough match-up--and I thought our CB's hung in there pretty well. Plus, a lot of yards looked to be racked up in zone coverage in the middle of the field--I thought that the LB's and safeties were struggling in zone coverage. Seems like guys like Poz and Whitner are always a step slow.

Agreed with Jackson/Thomas completely, Johnson over Parrish/Hardy should have been considered earlier.

Would NOT have played Corner over McGee, Greer, Youboty, or Mckelvin. BUT... he did have a nice game today. It will be interesting what we do with our corner contracts in the next 2 years. Alot of choices to make. Hope we choose well, starting with a DB free draft this April

Can't fault them for Corner, but McKelvin should have been playing earlier, like starting against Miami, and they've been slow to get other guys in, as has been mentioned (and is one of the reason I want them gone). Next year the Bills will have McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, and Fox, with Greer getting too much on the FA market. I can more than live with that.

I really believe DJ just can not see the young talent he has. Development is one thing but seeing guys play better in Preseason than your vets, should tell the coach something more than it seems to tell ours............. Maybe Hardy needs more time to develop and we wanted our 2nd rounder to be great and earn his change, but the fact is SJ had a great preseason in comparision? WTF? last year it was Freddie. Greer too and if we don't resign them both the FO is even worse than I think. We really need Crowell back too, how much better did Poz look when he was here? I was psyced about our LBs before the season started......

Another thing I have been thinking all season long is that D.Bell looked pretty good in preseason too........................

The fact that we had very few starters from our draft this year while other teams did and do start rookies (I seem to remember a WR in the Miami game...............). Is just another show of DJs imcompetance...... we have a young team that is how they can grow together.

Actually, I would say with Corner though we are pretty deep at corner, so although he is a nice addition, I don't think he should start. Good depth though (BTW also looked better than Mc Kelvin in the preseason, what if he would have gotten all of the reps that our #1 pick did this year? would we be talking about our rookie star CB?).

Over 300, would have been less if it wasn't for that B.S. holding call that negated Corner's INT, but the main stat to think about is 0 Passing TD's against our secondary.

I thought McKelvin had that INT. Corner's INT was the one where it hit the ground.

I thought McKelvin had that INT. Corner's INT was the one where it hit the ground.

You might be right. I know both guys were making plays, plus they're only 1 number off of each other (27, 28). Either way, complete B.S. call against Stroud since he was being double-teamed.