ricojes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph responds to JS's article in today's Buffalo News opinion section:

Link

I can understand Ralph, at 90, resenting the word "doddering". It means: feeble, senile. But Ralph opened himself up for ugly attacks like that when he came out of the Miami game in Toronto laughing and acting as if that pathetic loss was meaningless. Bad enough that was the first game up in Toronto, but his light hearted behavior after the game seemed.....somewhat feeble, to me too. Plus, that was the game Sully first asked Wilson about Jauron's contract, and Ralph answered glibly: "Dick and I will go out together." I think Sully's been pissed at Wilson since then. If Wilson doesn't want to be called feeble or senile, then he should act more sensible at his age when talking to harsh critics like Sullivan.

I can understand Ralph, at 90, resenting the word "doddering". It means: feeble, senile. But Ralph opened himself up for ugly attacks like that when he came out of the Miami game in Toronto laughing and acting as if that pathetic loss was meaningless. Bad enough that was the first game up in Toronto, but his light hearted behavior after the game seemed.....somewhat feeble, to me too. Plus, that was the game Sully first asked Wilson about Jauron's contract, and Ralph answered glibly: "Dick and I will go out together." I think Sully's been pissed at Wilson since then. If Wilson doesn't want to be called feeble or senile, then he should act more sensible at his age when talking to harsh critics like Sullivan.

His (possibly) rhetorical question, "What else is there?" seemed more than a tad feeble.

I respectfully disagree with some of your post. Look at this from Ralph's perspective he is writing the checks that pay for this fiasco at some point it has to become so bad that it's funny. I also think he being tactful not airing out all of his negative thoughts during the season or when he is having a bad day. He knows the Bills problems cannot be solved by kiling Jauron in the media after a loss, after the season the issues will be addressed.

So Ralph has an entire PR department at his beck and call as well as reporters always interested in talking to him, and instead he chooses to write a one-paragraph "comeback" to Sully's use of the word doddering? Weird.

That's what happens when you dodder.

Sullivan should not even be allowed at the press conferences to begin with- he is a discredit to legitimate reporters trying to do their job. It is sad that newspapers continue to hire people to do the job that Sullivan does- just write controversial articles that have no merit. It is a discredit to journalism as a profession.

I have been in numerous states and Sullivan is by far the worst of his kind I have ever seen

Sullivan should not even be allowed at the press conferences to begin with- he is a discredit to legitimate reporters trying to do their job. It is sad that newspapers continue to hire people to do the job that Sullivan does- just write controversial articles that have no merit. It is a discredit to journalism as a profession.

I have been in numerous states and Sullivan is by far the worst of his kind I have ever seen

Yes, none of Sully's articles about the ineptitude of the Buffalo Sports Machine have merit.