According to our friend Mort...

The Dean

Not too surprising with Manning's improvement......people always think the hot coordinator will make a great head coach

If Killdrive didn't also have a storage locker full of well worn (and well know) baggage, I would agree.

If Killdrive didn't also have a storage locker full of well worn (and well know) baggage, I would agree.

He very well could be a better head coach than he is a coordinator.....with my opinion of him, it wouldn't be difficult....

It's a curious statement to me...it's not like the Giants are an offensive juggernaut and they've built their offense around the running game and a very good offensive line. Not to mention, look what they've done without Burress....not much.

I could have *maybe* seen Gilbride as a hot coordinator after the Superbowl last year, but not now.

It's a curious statement to me...it's not like the Giants are an offensive juggernaut and they've built their offense around the running game and a very good offensive line. Not to mention, look what they've done without Burress....not much.

I could have *maybe* seen Gilbride as a hot coordinator after the Superbowl last year, but not now.

Well. they do win without Burress and top tight end shockey last year.

Maybe, but it's not exactly like they've been running up the score. Plus, they've lost two in a row since the Burress gun incident and haven't really shown much on offense.

If Gilbride was as great an OC as some make him out to be, the Giants would constantly be moving the ball and putting up points without their top receiver.

He's played in most of the games this year save the seattle/wash/zona/philly/dallas. They're 3-2 without him. As far as Shockey goes. Make no mistake about it. Manning "Grew up" throwing to Shockey. He was the giants leading receiver before he went down to injury last year. He was an influential part of Eli's growth as a qb. Along the way though the giants learned to adjust, becoming a run based power offense who just wore teams down. Like most good coordinators Gilbride needed Coughlin. He needed him, a lot like Martz needed Dick Vermeil and potentially singletary, to keep him in line, from doing really stupid sh--. Gilbride still has his moments, and Giants fan's don't trust him all that much. This is a weird time for Gilbride to be listed as a hc candidate. Considering the giants are riding a 2 game losing streak, where they've scored all of 1 td offensively in the last 2 weeks.

Welcome back KotterKilldrive

Welcome back, Your offense was your ticket out.

Welcome back, To that same old place that you went 3 and out

Well the names have all changed since you threw around,

But those schemes have remained and they're off the ground.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)

Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, Welcome Back

Dropping Back, Dropping Back, Dropping Back, Punt

:thumbsup: