The Pro Bowl

Thoner7

The first thing I noticed, even before I noticed Peters made it, was that Lynch is a better back than all three of the AFC backs selected. He may not have better stats, or as good of a line to run behind, but he is a much better running back than Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, and Ronnie Brown. I believe 100% if he played for any of those three teams, he would be #1 on the depth chart. Expect Lynch to make multiple Pro Bowls if we could get a coach that calls some dive plays. A center wouldn't hurt either.

The Pro Bowl has become a joke, mainly 'cause of the fan voting. That's how guys who don't deserve it but who have legions of loyal fans get voted in. It's also how you get crap like Brett Favre getting a spot while Philip Rivers, the league's top rated passer w/ nearly 500 more passing yards, 7 more TD passes, and 6 fewer INTs than Favre, gets the shaft.

Memo to Philip: Be very indecisive in the offseason. Retire. Reconsider. Then, whine 'bout a trade. Next thing you know, everyone will love you and you'll get to the Pro Bowl again.

The Pro Bowl has become a joke, mainly 'cause of the fan voting. That's how guys who don't deserve it but who have legions of loyal fans get voted in. It's also how you get crap like Brett Favre getting a spot while Philip Rivers, the league's top rated passer w/ nearly 500 more passing yards, 7 more TD passes, and 6 fewer INTs than Favre, gets the shaft.

Memo to Philip: Be very indecisive in the offseason. Retire. Reconsider. Then, whine 'bout a trade. Next thing you know, everyone will love you and you'll get to the Pro Bowl again.

The funny thing is everyone wants their guys to be selected to a game they dont watch...I mean when was the last time anyone watched the pro bowl? I love football and the game is just unwatchable.

Unlike Basketball and Baseball, the NFL pro-bowl is pathetic. Basketball is exciting, baseball has put homefield on the line during the World Series to make it interesting, and then there is football. Most people dont even know when the game airs, let alone watches it.

They need to do something to make it interesting, and they can start with a better selection system for one.

The funny thing is everyone wants their guys to be selected to a game they dont watch...I mean when was the last time anyone watched the pro bowl? I love football and the game is just unwatchable.

Unlike Basketball and Baseball, the NFL pro-bowl is pathetic. Basketball is exciting, baseball has put homefield on the line during the World Series to make it interesting, and then there is football. Most people dont even know when the game airs, let alone watches it.

They need to do something to make it interesting, and they can start with a better selection system for one.

I don't even think they need to have the stupid game. Just name the All AFC, All NFC, and All NFL teams and be done w/ it. But, take the fan voting out of it. They're 'bout as objective as many Bills fans are responsible w/ their game day drinking.

Probably not - not with a dorky face like this....

Dork Face

The Pro Bowl has become a joke, mainly 'cause of the fan voting. That's how guys who don't deserve it but who have legions of loyal fans get voted in.

Which fans voted JP to ProBowl? Certainly not Buffalo Bills fans or are you talking about the stupid ones calling for Ralph Wilson's death, starting the lynch mob, etc? If those are the JP fans I could see them sitting on their computers voting again and again for their boy Jason Peters.

Which fans voted JP to ProBowl? Certainly not Buffalo Bills fans or are you talking about the stupid ones calling for Ralph Wilson's death, starting the lynch mob, etc? If those are the JP fans I could see them sitting on their computers voting again and again for their boy Jason Peters.

As I understand it , you could vote a thousand times for a guy but ultimately the fan vote is only going to count one third.

Lynch would look great out there dropping screen passes all over the field and running into the backs of the offensive lineman.

He has lots of learning to do yet on the field before I would call him the best.

Give me a break Frez.

I love how people cling to one dropped screen pass that would have gone for 2 yards on 3rd & 14.

Jason Peters made the probowl?

Lynch deserves to go along with Parrish & McKelvin for returns....

So, is Jason Peters the next Reuben Brown? Does he just keep making the Pro Bowl on reputation? Actually, Peters DID have a decent season after his slow start, but given our offensive production, it's really hard to make a case for ANY of our offensive players to be selected.

As I understand it , you could vote a thousand times for a guy but ultimately the fan vote is only going to count one third.

Yep but there have been campaigns which made a difference where he was on one players vote top list or coaches vote top list.

At least media do not get a vote. Interesting that coaches/players/fans vote for pro bowl and media uses it as justification of Hall of Fame.