CUT LOSMAN TODAY Make him an example

gcb34

Losman screwed up on that play, so did the coaches, so did the line. Do we get rid of everybody today?

Don't get me wrong, its fine for fans to make knee jerk reactions- thats what they do. But when you expect football management or the management of any business to make knee jerk reactions, you are kidding yourself. Its the same as the basketball coach that starts yanking people off the floor everytime they do something wronf, or the manager that fires people everytime they make a mistake.

Fear is a very powerful short term motivator. Problem is, it doesn't work for long, and gets the people that remain to start being tentative and overthink everything.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

noone said that he was going this year...Peters got in last year but didnt play due to nagging injury...

c'mon guys...you cant expect your players to win every time...how many times do you see great QB's miss a throw or get an int or make some bone head play...its the same for Peters...he can dominate 98% of his game but every player is gonna mess up on the remanding 2%...if u had a team that was 100% then it wouldnt be much fun ..the opossing teams would never get thru your lines..never int or sack your QB..never tackle a player with the ball..never stop your RB...it would look like an NFL team playing a pop-warner Team..all I'm saying is every player is going to mess up on a few plays every game...noone can be 100% dominant...yes it would have been great that in that last drive Peters was the most dominant of the day...maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly but it was both Peters and Losmans fault...Peters messed up but Losman should have thrown the ball sooner and should have held the ball better...equal blame on both Peters and Losman

And as far as Losman goes, he got nailed from behind with ball in his hand in a throwing position...a LOT of QB's fumble there with a huge lineman nailing you in the back with huge arms crushing your arm. A QB doesnt have eyes in the back of his head, he is looking to make a play. He has to trust his lineman will protect, otherwise you get a scared QB who is more concerned about the line than the recievers down field (see Jim Everett). Granted, when the FB wasnt there he should have thrown the ball away given the situation of the game.

He wasnt protecting the ball because the only way he was in danger was if his lineman got BLOWN off the ball...he should have still had time, but Peters got beat bad. So Losman looked to for another reciever and tried to make a play then got pummled from behind like a lil boy at a Michael Jackson bday party.

So, yes, Losman should have thrown the ball away when he saw the play was busted with the FB getting jammed, but Peters is just as much at fault here as Losman. The staff is mostly at fault for calling such a dumb play on 2nd and 5 though.

What if it's an itty bitty db doing the nailing?

hahaha...Losman still fumbles...

I only said that to illustrate that Peters had a huge role in that fumble. I totally agree that Losman should have thrown the ball away when the FB wasnt there. But Peters didnt hold his block and Losman expected more time. When you are rolling out your backside is completely blind, so if you have to trust your lienman to do their job. When they dont, you often see a QB fumble, sack, INT because they were hit when throwing, or even a QB injury...bad things happen on rollouts when the blind side OL gets burned as bas as Peters did on that play.

Peters put the spotlight on himself when he held out...he put those expectations on through his actions. And it wasnt just this one play, there have been several key plays where he just got blown by and he is nowhere near the level of play he was last year.

EXACTLY, he is still being called a Pro Bowl player based on LAST YEARS play. It will be interesting to see how the offseason plays out. If Peters is looking for a BIG contract next year, he did not do himself any favors with his play THIS YEAR.

EXACTLY, he is still being called a Pro Bowl player based on LAST YEARS play. It will be interesting to see how the offseason plays out. If Peters is looking for a BIG contract next year, he did not do himself any favors with his play THIS YEAR.

;)

Couldnt agree more...he has not earned his contract this year and I will be ticked if we give it to him. He only had the one great year, and followed it up with inconsistent play that was no where near the level he showed last year.

Losman screwed up on that play, so did the coaches, so did the line. Do we get rid of everybody today?

Don't get me wrong, its fine for fans to make knee jerk reactions- thats what they do. But when you expect football management or the management of any business to make knee jerk reactions, you are kidding yourself. Its the same as the basketball coach that starts yanking people off the floor everytime they do something wronf, or the manager that fires people everytime they make a mistake.

Fear is a very powerful short term motivator. Problem is, it doesn't work for long, and gets the people that remain to start being tentative and overthink everything.

Knee Jerk? You just gave examples of knee jerking but failed to see how my OP doesn't have anything to do with that. ;)

What if it's an itty bitty db doing the nailing?

And yes, i know it was DB...but Peters has done this several times this year, the other times being lineman...I was making a more general comment as Trent has fumbled in that exact spot too when crushed from behind on a blown Peters block. I should have been more specific in how I was phrasing that...my bad.

Still, even a DB running right at your back side is gonna hurt. These guys are football players who even if they are small are still real strong. Not to mention how much faster he is gonna be running...so, dont blame JP for fumbling on the hit, but I blame JP for fumbling because he didnt throw the ball away when his hot read wasnt even in the frame of sight given the current state of the game.

Knee Jerk? You just gave examples of knee jerking but failed to see how my OP doesn't have anything to do with that. ;)

Didn't have time to look at it- I've been crazy busy, despite my posting as of late.....I only have time to skim.

I have no problem with fans having knee jerk reactions, the thing I have a problem with is the absolute venom directed at Wilson and some of the related comments.....which probably aren't related to your post either

There's one thing you can be sure of... no matter what JP does, he's going to be vilified on this board. This complete and absolute hatred for a Bills player that had never said a bad word about the town or franchise is astounding.

I don't know about hatred Dan. What strikes me is that JP has a cadre of fans here. Some are blatant, some passive agressive but they are here, and they think he is great.

I read in the other thread that Lori met JP and thinks that he is a nice kid. I know Lori and trust her opinion. The thing is, he isn't good. If he didn't fumble and lose the game for us, he still isn't good. You know Dan, Losman probably is a nice guy. Levy and Jauron might be the nicest guys on the planet. I don't know, but we need to win.

Jason Peters is probably our best player. Losman is sacked on 1 out of 9 attempts (or so says our stat man JDG), and without Peters having a good day against a tough jest DL, what would be left of Losman? Peters didn't look great on that particular play, but from where I sit this debate is about excuse making and blame shifting from the group who still clings to the premise that JP is a good qb, or at least doesn't suck.

Put Jason Peters on my team any day of the week. ;)

Peters put the spotlight on himself when he held out...he put those expectations on through his actions. And it wasnt just this one play, there have been several key plays where he just got blown by and he is nowhere near the level of play he was last year.

So, yes, Losman should have thrown the ball away when he saw the play was busted with the FB getting jammed, but Peters is just as much at fault here as Losman. The staff is mostly at fault for calling such a dumb play on 2nd and 5 though.

totally agree with that..he is not what he was last year at all...he better have his a$$ in the gym this offseason and on the field for every ota and be in camp on time this next season

as for the play call..i like the play call just not at the time they called..with the way Lynch was running on the Jets play actions are great ..but when you are running out the clock with a lead, and running like Lynch was, you must hold on to the ball by running

I don't know about hatred Dan. What strikes me is that JP has a cadre of fans here. Some are blatant, some passive agressive but they are here, and they think he is great.

I read in the other thread that Lori met JP and thinks that he is a nice kid. I know Lori and trust her opinion. The thing is, he isn't good. If he didn't fumble and lose the game for us, he still isn't good. You know Dan, Losman probably is a nice guy. Levy and Jauron might be the nicest guys on the planet. I don't know, but we need to win.

Jason Peters is probably our best player. Losman is sacked on 1 out of 9 attempts (or so says our stat man JDG), and without Peters having a good day against a tough jest DL, what would be left of Losman? Peters didn't look great on that particular play, but from where I sit this debate is about excuse making and blame shifting from the group who still clings to the premise that JP is a good qb, or at least doesn't suck.

I totally agree with everything...I have no axe to grind with JP, but I still think he's had more than enough time to show us something that points towards improved play...I'm sure some people also defended Dennis Shaw.

totally agree with that..he is not what he was last year at all...he better have his a$$ in the gym this offseason and on the field for every ota and be in camp on time this next season

as for the play call..i like the play call just not at the time they called..with the way Lynch was running on the Jets play actions are great ..but when you are running out the clock with a lead, and running like Lynch was, you must hold on to the ball by running

;):lol:

Totally agree...Lycnh was having a great day, and more importantly, our O-line was opening holes in the running lane. On 2nd and 5, with Lynch hitting the holes as hard as he was hititng them, hand it to him! If he gets stuffed for no gain or a one yard loss, then I think you consider picking up the first down through the air to win the game outright, but if gains 3 yards or so and its 3rd and short, you run it again with the kid.

I totally agree with everything...I have no axe to grind with JP, but I still think he's had more than enough time to show us something that points towards improved play...I'm sure some people also defended Dennis Shaw.

And I defended Rob Johnson until the bitter end. NG, I fully expected him to go to another team and put all that incredible talent to use. OK, I'll say it.....I even thought he might have some success as a backup on the Giants. No b.s. ;):lol:

So, while I do understand the thought process, I will not be lulled into this trap again. When it comes to NFL QBs, it is more about brains than pure talent. They all have talent at the NFL level. Even John Elway didn't win a superbowl until he relied more on his shorter passes, running game and brains than his athletic gifts.

I do believe there is more hatred in here of JP's fans than hatred of JP. :lol:

I think he has the potential to be a starter, yes. Will he? I have no idea. I wouldn't expect Tyler Thigpen to be a starter. I wouldn't expect Ken Dorsey to be a starter.

I really like Thigpen as a qb now that you mention him. Like you Ben Franklin sig btw. Good stuff!

And I defended Rob Johnson until the bitter end. NG, I fully expected him to go to another team and put all that incredible talent to use. OK, I'll say it.....I even thought he might have some success as a backup on the Giants. No b.s. ;):lol:

So, while I do understand the thought process, I will not be lulled into this trap again. When it comes to NFL QBs, it is more about brains than pure talent. They all have talent at the NFL level. Even John Elway didn't win a superbowl until he relied more on his shorter passes, running game and brains than his athletic gifts.

me too. :lol::doh::worthy: NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

And I defended Rob Johnson until the bitter end.

I regret to admit I was a Bledsoe homer almost to the end. He just needed a better line. He just needed better receivers. I heard what those Patsy* fans were saying, but they were wrong because Bledsoe was going to be different with us. ;)

I regret to admit I was a Bledsoe homer almost to the end. He just needed a better line. He just needed better receivers. I heard what those Patsy* fans were saying, but they were wrong because Bledsoe was going to be different with us. :worthy:

me too. ;):doh::lol: ...I guess we have some common ground. :lol: Supporting a losing cause. NEVER AGAIN!!!!