Bad play call, but Jauron is a stand up guy

jahnyc

I completley understand the unhappiness with Jauron as the head coach, but, for what it is worth, I am impressed with his taking full responsibility for the play call (and not throwing JP under the bus). It makes sense why the players like playing for him (other than maybe today), particularly compared to guys like Williams and Mularkey.

I am sure the players are very frustrated with the play that was called, but playing JP is a huge disadvantage for this team. Maybe my biggest criticism of Jauron for the play that was called is thinking that JP was even capable of making a play. He certainly did not show that ability during this game or in any game in the past. For a qb with this number of overall starts in the NFL, he could be the worst qb I have ever seen.

No one ever said DJ was a bad guy...He's just a crappy Head Football Coach...

At this point I'd rather have a mean, nasty, jerk that wins Games... :thumbsup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I completley understand the unhappiness with Jauron as the head coach, but, for what it is worth, I am impressed with his taking full responsibility for the play call (and not throwing JP under the bus). It makes sense why the players like playing for him (other than maybe today), particularly compared to guys like Williams and Mularkey.

I am sure the players are very frustrated with the play that was called, but playing JP is a huge disadvantage for this team. Maybe my biggest criticism of Jauron for the play that was called is thinking that JP was even capable of making a play. He certainly did not show that ability during this game or in any game in the past. For a qb with this number of overall starts in the NFL, he could be the worst qb I have ever seen.

Nice of you to take a positive approach. Let's assume that DJ does not get fired. If he was stand up then he would really prove his worth if he went to Ralph and said "offer me a reasonable buy out on my contract and I will resign gracefully. He is a decent Human being but he is not a good head coach.

This whole situation is a bit fishy.

You want me to believe that for the first time in two seasons Dick Jauron gets involved in the play calling on the last play of the game and on a play that clearly shouldn't have been called and that cost us the game???

I'm not buying that for a second, DJ stepped up way to quick to take the blame for that decision. Either he's protecting his OC or he wants to get fired.

Who cares if he's a stand up guy, this team is SOFT and its a reflection on the head coach.

I was a Jauron supporter but no more. You just can't continously try to "out think" an opponent and this over coaching crap has cost us numerous games over the years.

Fire Jauron. Fire Shotgun Schonert, keep Fewell and April around. Get a real GM in here to build the franchise but that won't happen until the team has a new owner.

This team is going nowhere with Ralph as owner. So, we either wait him out and hope someone keeps the team in Buffalo or someone with a bad cold needs to go start coughing at 1 Bills Drive. (Classless, I know. I don't really wish death on Ralph so take it easy) I didn't wish death on Ted Rogers either but I'm glad he's out of the picture.

RTB

no doubt it was Turk

too cute for his own good

consistent with calls by the same guy to take out Lynch everytime we got inside the 10 yard line

Dick knows he has 3 year contract and even if RAlph fires him, he laughs all the way to the bank.

That's why players and coaches love him - he demands no accountability

But they called the same crap plays last year also, we blamed Fairchild, maybe it was limp dick all along? :thumbsup:

You are right, JP is the worst QB ever. But thats what makes Mauron (jauron) an idiot. How do you know that JP is a turn over waiting to happen and mauron does' nt. THATS WHY YOU RUN THE BALL TO LYNCH NOT PUT IT IN LOSERMAN'S HANDS!!! Mauron is a good guy, but a sh------- coach!! Look at his W-L record, and even more look at his record vs WINNING TEAMS!!! ITs terrible, and so is he

I think DJ is a good human being.

That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

Was anyone other than me ecstatic to see the result of that play? I was just thinking, "Awesome, maybe he'll get fired now!"

Agree he seems like a good guy though.

"Unhappiness with Jauron as the head coach"?

That is THE understatement of the year. The only reason I can think of not to fire Jauron immediately is that Schonert would probably be his replacement.

The play called was fine. With 6 seconds left before the two minute warning, a run to eat up clock time was not required. It is a relatively safe pass play that most competent QBs would know how to handle...if you get pressed, get rid of it out of bounds. The QB in question is not most QBs, and has a particular problem not knowing when to get rid of the ball when in trouble. I guess the coaches should have realized this particular QB has a history of this type of problem so with that in mind mayb they should have run, but I think putting faith in a young QB is essential to their growth. Basically, when pass plays work the coach or OC are lauded as risk takers and thinking outside the box, but if they fail they are inevitably criticized for taking too many risks.

Personally, I have no problem with the play call. It was not the safest call but a QB should be able to handle that situation.

What I have the most problem with is the unbelievable run of poor luck the Bills have had over quite a few years now. I have just now begun to come to terms with it and jokingly refer to it as the "Simpson Curse". The numerous ways the Bills have found failure, along with the many sordid injuries over the years (not to mention 4 SB losses in a row) have all lead to my assertion of metaphysical causes.

I think DJ is a good human being.

That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

If he did make that play call like he says he did, then he should be fired for sure. The game was at hand: we had the lead, Lynch was running the ball so well and had moved the chains on that decisive drive, the O-Line was blocking everyone and so DJ put the ball in the hands of a back up QB who is uber turnover prone. That cost the game, that cost us our first divisional victory and hopefully it'll cost him his job.

He totally blew it. Both DJ and JP.

With the game on the line you put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, in the hands of your best player. Lynch should have taken a carry on each and every play. The game was basically wrapped up, almost hard to belive that they could even lose. Lynch averaged better than 6 yards a carry yesterday and the O-Line was a force. There was no excuse to go away from our strength, let alone go to our poor pass attack and terrible QB.

The play called was fine. With 6 seconds left before the two minute warning, a run to eat up clock time was not required. It is a relatively safe pass play that most competent QBs would know how to handle...if you get pressed, get rid of it out of bounds. The QB in question is not most QBs, and has a particular problem not knowing when to get rid of the ball when in trouble. I guess the coaches should have realized this particular QB has a history of this type of problem so with that in mind mayb they should have run, but I think putting faith in a young QB is essential to their growth. Basically, when pass plays work the coach or OC are lauded as risk takers and thinking outside the box, but if they fail they are inevitably criticized for taking too many risks.

Personally, I have no problem with the play call. It was not the safest call but a QB should be able to handle that situation.

What I have the most problem with is the unbelievable run of poor luck the Bills have had over quite a few years now. I have just now begun to come to terms with it and jokingly refer to it as the "Simpson Curse". The numerous ways the Bills have found failure, along with the many sordid injuries over the years (not to mention 4 SB losses in a row) have all lead to my assertion of metaphysical causes.

But the play call IS a problem because the QB running the play is a bad QB who was having a bad game. The play was not safe, running is safe. Especially when the run game was on fire. You never pass in that situation. Knowing how bad JP is why would any sane coach give the ball to him and trust him to not blow it, expecially when there's a beast of an RB back there who's playing so well and an O-Line that was blocking everyone.

Guest dog14787

The Buffalo Bills had very little to play for yesterday, yet we played like it was the playoffs.

Dick Jauron is not the OC and did not make the mistake of promoting Turk Shonert and I don't care if Jauron takes the blame for the bad calls or not , he didn't make them.

We needed to run the ball better so Jauron has worked on running the ball.

Dick Jauron is a defensive minded coach and the offensive problems are not his fault, the Buffalo Bills play hard under Jauron and have allot of respect for him.

As unpopular as Jauron is right now, the hardest thing to do would be to stick by Dick Jauron and the easiest thing to do would be to can him.

The Buffalo Bills proved to me yesterday agianst the Jets that Dick Jauron deserves to keep his job.

The Buffalo Bills had very little to play for yesterday, yet we played like it was the playoffs.

Dick Jauron is not the OC and did not make the mistake of promoting Turk Shonert and I don't care if Jauron takes the blame for the bad calls or not , he didn't make them.

We needed to run the ball better so Jauron has worked on running the ball.

Dick Jauron is a defensive minded coach and the offensive problems are not his fault, the Buffalo Bills play hard under Jauron and have allot of respect for him.

As unpopular as Jauron is right now, the hardest thing to do would be to stick by Dick Jauron and the easiest thing to do would be to can him.

The Buffalo Bills proved to me yesterday agianst the Jets that Dick Jauron deserves to keep his job.

if the Bills keep DJ and make the playoffs next year, it will prove to me that they made the right call.

if next year is the year it all comes together, it will prove to me they made the right call.

if jp goes elsewhere and struggles the way he did here, it proves to me they made the right call.

as head caoch---the problems are all his fault, and he's the one who can fix 'em. that's the great part and the horrible part of being head coach.

from what i can see---if the players work their ass off for the guy and drop 7 of 8 mostly winnable games, maybe they should play their ass off for someone else.

Guest dog14787
Isn't this the place that ripped him for playing not to lose? I don't agree with the call, but he was looking to put them away

I doubt seriously that Jauron made the call, but Turk Shonert needs to get canned for it, it was a horrible, brainless call.

Put them away or us?

Guest dog14787
if the Bills keep DJ and make the playoffs next year, it will prove to me that they made the right call.

if next year is the year it all comes together, it will prove to me they made the right call.

if jp goes elsewhere and struggles the way he did here, it proves to me they made the right call.

as head caoch---the problems are all his fault, and he's the one who can fix 'em. that's the great part and the horrible part of being head coach.

from what i can see---if the players work their ass off for the guy and drop 7 of 8 mostly winnable games, maybe they should play their ass off for someone else.

With all due respect, I'm not so sure starting over from scratch is a wise choice unless a big name was brought in like Bill Cowher.

Jauron has very little to do with the offense and really had no alternative then to go with what we started.

We couldn't go to a different offense or OC right in the middle of the season.

What do you expect Jauron to do?