Jauron Extension confirmed

Lost in all of this "Die Ralph" nonsense is the fact that Jauron signing this extension yesterday is actually true. This may be the most ludicrous, untimely, least deserved contract extension given to an NFL head coach in the history of the entire league IMO. It is plain to nearly EVERYONE that is even remotely familiar with the Bills current situation and season that Dick Jauron is hurting this team much more than he is helping it. Something needs to be done if he remains the Bills Head Coach going into next season, regardless or what happens these last two games. By the way, I don't know what can be done at all, but I'm completely open to any suggestions. We not only have the worst ownership in the NFL, I would go as far as to say we have the worst in all of professional sports. I can't see any other organization in this situation handing this lame duck choke artist a 3 year extension in the middle of a 1-7 slide, with a countless number of more than questionable coaching decisions contributing to it. I'm absolutely sick to my stomach right now, and you all should be too.

BTW - this response is not an indication that I like what is going on -

Let's assume the rumor that DJ signed the extension yesterday is true (also inherently assumes there is an extension). If you were in DJ's shoes what else would you do? If you do not sign then you basically say I am willing to cough up millions and I will put the opportunity for my staff to earn a living at a risk. DJ's best leverage in the situation is to sign the agreement.

Bottom line here is that when we were 4-0 we were all to happy to put the future of this team in DJ's hands. The situation is a little like stock picking - we all love it when we are on the rocket ride up but then we look stupid when the bad news comes out and the price falls off the cliff. Seems like Ralph also had no stop loss provisions in the agreement with tricky Dick (taking the analogy one step further).

I keep saying - I believe DJ is back next year unless he has the class to resign. If he signed the contract yesterday - he does not. Best hope we have is that RW shells out decent money for a high powered OC that can serve to light a fire under DJ's butt.

What a sad state of affairs to be in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF...it says he signed it this Sunday! If this is true and it wasnt signed yet, Ralph should have taken it OFF the table, not let him sign the dam thing!

No the contract was supposedly signed in OCTOBER. NOT yesterday. No one would shove a contract in front of a coach on a 1-8 slide. Just rehashing old news because of the speculation and secrecy.

ESPN is reporting that he signed it yesterday.

This is the same ESPN that we all can't stand. Give me something concrete from the Bills' organization and I'll believe it.

Perhaps this is a ploy by Ralph to release this information, wait for even more public outcry about Jauron's coaching, then tell Dick that he can't keep him on because the fans won't show up.

I keep saying - I believe DJ is back next year unless he has the class to resign. If he signed the contract yesterday - he does not. Best hope we have is that RW shells out decent money for a high powered OC that can serve to light a fire under DJ's butt.

I don't doubt this at all and think it's a very likely scenario. If we do get a high powered OC, let's hope he can devise an offense that gets us far enough ahead so Dick doesn't have the chance to make any more stupid late game decisions.

Also hopefully the high powered OC can convince everyone at One Bills Drive that we need a real QB too.

Go BILLS !!

This is the same ESPN that we all can't stand. Give me something concrete from the Bills' organization and I'll believe it.

Perhaps this is a ploy by Ralph to release this information, wait for even more public outcry about Jauron's coaching, then tell Dick that he can't keep him on because the fans won't show up.

I sincerely doubt any man dumb enough to allegedly give Dick Jauron a contract extension is this clever.