Henry has been overrated

KurtGodel77

Over the last several years, Henry has had pretty good success running the ball. But that's because with KG as our offensive coordinator, defenses were expecting us to pass. Also, if it's 2nd and 15 because of some sack, then defenses know we have to pass successfully on one of the next two downs to get a first down. So why defend the run?

Against Miami, McGahee rammed the ball down the throats of a good defense when they knew it was coming. The only time that Travis has rammed anything down someone's throat when they knew it was coming was his rendezvous with a 15-year-old.

Over the last several years, Henry has had pretty good success running the ball. But that's because with KG as our offensive coordinator, defenses were expecting us to pass. Also, if it's 2nd and 15 because of some sack, then defenses know we have to pass successfully on one of the next two downs to get a first down. So why defend the run?

Against Miami, McGahee rammed the ball down the throats of a good defense when they knew it was coming. The only time that Travis has rammed anything down someone's throat when they know it was coming was his rendezvous with a 15-year-old.

88756[/snapback]

I agree things are ugly in Bills land right now, and that there is plenty to gripe about, but this kind of stuff is nonsense. Are we now supposed to go through the annals of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and question why the player was suiccessful? C'mon folks, give it a rest. We all thought Travis was a mench last year, when he rushed for 1300 yards, on a broken leg. Now, because we all perceive that McGahee is better, we take shots at Henry? We now give credit to Kevin Gilbride for having a success in the running game? I don't know, it seemed to me, last year, Henry pretty much ran the ball on all of the obvious downs, and did fairly well, as often as not. I am not saying he is the greatest running back in Bills history, but the revisionist history that goes on around here, when things are going bad, is just absurd.

dude.. <_<:):lol: ...have you ever even watched a Bills game??? Henry was the only bright spot we had on offense last year. He was NEVER brought down by the first tackler. He played hurt and played well. He was certainly not overrated. You are way off. WAY off.

p.s. he wouldn't have given up on that INT either (sorry)

dude.. <_<  :)  :lol: ...have you ever even watched a Bills game???  Henry was the only bright spot we had on offense last year.  He was NEVER brought down by the first tackler.  He played hurt and played well.  He was certainly not overrated.  You are way off.  WAY off. 

p.s. he wouldn't have given up on that INT either (sorry)

88772[/snapback]

Nah, if he was in the game Drew wouldn't have gotten the ball off.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Gump owes his stats to Gilbride!!! There was no point in defending the run. All teams had to do was blitz against our suckass OL. Now, couple this with the fact that KG's plays took an hour to form, and we have what? That's right, an unattended RB.

While this was going on, Travis Gump managed to cough up the football time and again. Now, he seems to have curbed this habit and merely falls on his stupid ass. He runs wrong patterns and wont block. He drops passes, he flat out sucks. Now, throw in a missed team flight (a Miami game), and sex with a 15 year old.

I am amazed every time any poster says any good thing about this dunce.

Frankly, I see no debate. TravisGump sucks. TD could have had a good draft pick by trading this slime to a team in need of a RB. Now, he will be lucky to get a 4th round pick for Gump. He might even be cut outright.

As much disdain as I have for Gump the dumbass, I have more for TD. He brought us this mess, and I am telling you, it will take a true professional a few years to clean it up.

Great Post!

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Gump owes his stats to Gilbride!!! There was no point in defending the run. All teams had to do was blitz against our suckass OL. Now, couple this with the fact that KG's plays took an hour to form, and we have what? That's right, an unattended RB.

While this was going on, Travis Gump managed to cough up the football time and again. Now, he seems to have curbed this habit and merely falls on his stupid ass. He runs wrong patterns and wont block. He drops passes, he flat out sucks. Now, throw in a missed team flight (a Miami game), and sex with a 15 year old.

I am amazed every time any poster says any good thing about this dunce.

Frankly, I see no debate. TravisGump sucks. TD could have had a good draft pick by trading this slime to a team in need of a RB. Now, he will be lucky to get a 4th round pick for Gump. He might even be cut outright.

As much disdain as I have for Gump the dumbass, I have more for TD. He brought us this mess, and I am telling you, it will take a true professional a few years to clean it up.

Great Post!

88787[/snapback]

i hope this is sarcasm.

Maybe, but true.

I'm not trying to put down Henry, but I do feel that he's the type of player that will not likely have a long career cause his style of running always is leaving him a bit nicked up. Many people feel he should start because they were so impressed with Henry playing hurt in the past. I do think that if he wasn't in the past and again in the future able and willing to play "hurt" he'd have no career at all.

I agree things are ugly in Bills land right now, and that there is plenty to gripe about, but this kind of stuff is nonsense.  Are we now supposed to go through the annals of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and question why the player was suiccessful?  C'mon folks, give it a rest.  We all thought Travis was a mench last year, when he rushed for 1300 yards, on a broken leg.  Now, because we all perceive that McGahee is better, we take shots at Henry?  We now give credit to Kevin Gilbride for having a success in the running game?  I don't know, it seemed to me, last year, Henry pretty much ran the ball on all of the obvious downs, and did fairly well, as often as not.  I am not saying he is the greatest running back in Bills history, but the revisionist history that goes on around here, when things are going bad, is just absurd.

88767[/snapback]

I was saying that Henry was overrated before the start of this season. With KG as your offensive coordinator, there is no such thing as an obvious running down.

Anybody who can honestly treat Henry like he was a subpar back is sniffing glue! WHile he did have a fumbling problem 2 years ago, Henry was a hard nose running who gave everything he had on the field as at times he refused to be tackled by one defender. How can anybody try and take his past 3 years in vain, especially last year when we had no passing game to speak of whatsoever? This guy had 10+ TD's the past 3 years! And just because teams play to stop the pass doesn't mean that a running game will develop; if so where was Marino's 1300 yard back or Elway in his early Super Bowl runs? And for those who give KillDrive the credit, maybe he was on to something that the Bills should take note of: if you don't have a dominant blocking FB, you can sometimes have more running success by running with a 3 WR set as it spreads the D out and puts an extra guy in coverage.

If it wasn't for McGahee fans would be giving him more props and blaming the O-line. Now just because we have McGahee who hasn't faired much better everyone seems to forget what Henry has done and now take shots at him. I'll bet you will remember him when he is playing for another team giving his all and being productive while McGahee is playing for another team as he and his agent will want an astronomical contract to stay a Bill. WM doesn't show the willingness to give his all for the TEAM like TH for TH seems to be Bills first, TH second. I think WM is the other way around, only time will tell!

Travis is a good back.  Willis looks as though he might be better.  So the new modus operandi is to start ripping on Travis? Priceless.

89109[/snapback]

Campy, the truth is that Travis played as big a role as any one player in most of the Bills losses (and I will hand the Ravens loss to Drew).

Exactly what has he done to deserve any praise this season?

I too respect Henry, but he probably cost us more games in the past then he has won. Two years ago, when the Bills were 8-8, Henry's 10+ fumbles cost us a playoff spot. How about the two games this season that he failed to convert on 4th down? How about the fact that he tripped and fell on the third and short prior to those two costly 4th downs? It's obvious he can't pass block. Let's not forget about his inability to catch passes out of the backfield. Our record with Henry as the starter isn't great either. Henry will never be an elite running back. Maybe McGahee will be.

How can anyone question Henry - back to back 1300+ years on below average teams....hes tough, hes been a bargain salary wise and hes been very productive. This whole situation wasn't even of Henry's making and 9 time out of 10 Henry has taken the high road - its usually been Willis or his agent running his mouth. I'll root for whoever the starter is this year and miss Henry when hes gone - some team will be getting a very tough, underrated RB with a huge chip on his shoulder playing for a contract