It becomes more and more clear to me

Like A Mofo

As the NFL grows more and more each year and the super powers, Dallas, Washington, New York, etc get more and more $ because of various reasons (high ticket prices, modern stadiums etc) it has become clear as day to me if the Buffalo Bills want to be able to attract some prospective UFA's and 'keep up with the Joneses" as they say, it is time to bid adois to the Ralph and build a modern stadium either in Orchard Park or downtown Buffalo.

And having said that, as a Bills fan, we yearn to see our team be the very best it can be. In order to do that,for example would you pay double the price or MORE for the tickets you pay now if that meant the Bills would 'have enough $' to go out and get a Bill Cowher as a HC?

Who the hell is going to pay for it? The economy sucks in the State in WNY!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the NFL grows more and more each year and the super powers, Dallas, Washington, New York, etc get more and more $ because of various reasons (high ticket prices, modern stadiums etc) it has become clear as day to me if the Buffalo Bills want to be able to attract some prospective UFA's and 'keep up with the Joneses" as they say, it is time to bid adois to the Ralph and build a modern stadium either in Orchard Park or downtown Buffalo.

And having said that, as a Bills fan, we yearn to see our team be the very best it can be. In order to do that,for example would you pay double the price or MORE for the tickets you pay now if that meant the Bills would 'have enough $' to go out and get a Bill Cowher as a HC?

irrational. stadiums dont make teams good. FA's will come if we are good. The stadium is infact fine and one of the largest in the NFL. Lets not forget we are the 3rd poorest city in the nation. Raising ticket prices to double would only hurt.

i am annoyed by this post

Go to about 2 games a year for last 20 years.

Love my trips to the Ralph.

Never a bad time.

But I here this talk about a new stadium.

What will that do?

Can we charge more for tickets?? No

Privite Boxes?? NO

Get better sight lines in stadium??? No

All stadiums have line ups for bathrooms and beer.

Please fill me ..

As much as I like the Ralph it is a dump in some ways. A new stadium would be nice, but right now with the economy the way it is, WNY couldnt afford one. I dont mind the Ralph just needs some updating.....

Where abouts do you come from to go to games? Anywhere near the Binghamton area?

Why not build an extravagant stadium near Niagara Falls and instead of having too many luxury boxes make the stadium capacity somewhere near 90K?

I'm pretty sure the revenue from regular seats gets split with the visiting team. The owner keep all revenue from suites and boxes (that's the point of adding more of them). Also, 90K would guarantee that most (all?) Bills game would be blacked out in WNY. That's hurts the team and the league.

Having been to a couple of stadiums, I can think of two things the Ralph needs....

1) Wider concourses - having been to Miami and Cincy, it's amazing what an extra 10-15 ft in width will do for making it easy getting around when compared to RWS, the old RCA Dome and Toronto.

2) Emergency lighting in the bathrooms for when mylar balloons attack.

Having been to a couple of stadiums, I can think of two things the Ralph needs....

1) Wider concourses - having been to Miami and Cincy, it's amazing what an extra 10-15 ft in width will do for making it easy getting around when compared to RWS, the old RCA Dome and Toronto.

2) Emergency lighting in the bathrooms for when mylar balloons attack.

My buddy was at that game and he had to use the bathroom and he was urinated on........I would rather piss my pants then go into those bathrooms with no lights. You got balls going in them when they have lighting.......they are nasty!

No domes. Find players and coaches who can handle bad weather.

I feel you. I enjoy the fun of a December game played in the snow as much as the next Bills fan, but not only has the team not benefitted from it, selling out games has been a struggle late in the year.

Unfortunately, the team needs to attract casual fans along with diehards to the stadium. Casual fans may not enjoy freezing their butts off.

No domes. Find players and coaches who can handle bad weather.

I believe it was one of the pregame programs last week that stated... the Bills are 1-6 in games 32 degrees or colder over the last 3 years. The Bills are a soft team, plain and simple.

Myself, like the majority of fans would love to see the Bills play outside in a driving snow storm. Unfortunately, the players and coaching staff are afraid of the snow.

Build it across the street...KO ECC South.

80,000 seat, open-air, built in a similar design to the current stadium except it isn't built into the ground.

Have a couple huge "lighted Bills logos" adorned to the concrete endzone structures on each side. That would look pretty cool at night.

And get a team and coaching staff, and new owner. Implode da Ralphie and have that as gorgeous surface parking.

Come down from Ottawa Canada.

First game was in 89 against the Bengals.

Was also at the Chargers game when lites went out.

Bathrooms are an adventure even when lites are on.

What else would a new stadium do for the Bills.

For me I love the Ralph..

80,000 seat, open-air, built in a similar design to the current stadium except it isn't built into the ground.

Have a couple huge "lighted Bills logos" adorned to the concrete endzone structures on each side. That would look pretty cool at night.

And get a team and coaching staff, and new owner. Implode da Ralphie and have that as gorgeous surface parking.

I know I am in the minority here, but the current location is a great spot for the stadium, as (at least compared to most stadiums I have been to) the traffic going to, and leaving (once you get out of the lot) is nothing compared to what it would be in most of the other proposed locations. There are a number of routes one can take to OP, and it is more convenient to the Rochester fan base.

Normally, I am a big fan of downtown stadiums, but the Bills rely on the surrounding areas more than most teams, I think. Downtown would be tough, especially if you treasure the current tailgating atmosphere of the Ralph. And, while the Falls would help the Canadian fans (and the city of NF), I think it would be a nightmare, traffic wise.

What a imagination. No space shuttle rides at half time?

I don't know what RWS charges for a luxury box, but I'm not sure that revenue from an extra 16,000 seats would be more than what one suite would bring in, unless PSL's were added in.

Not sure today, but my last year in the Blue Coats (2004), a 12 seat box, in the corners would be around $12-15K, and then you still need to buy the tickets on top of that.