IYHO, What play changed the season?

Justice

If you can single out one play that signifies our down fall more than any other, which one will it be?

This one is an easy one for me. I believe it was the INT that Trent threw against the Jets for a TD. That play was the beginning of the end in my book.

What do you think?

The day the official schedule was released and revealed us to have all of our tough games later in the season. Seriously, we were never good, we just looked it against powder puffs. We are about the same level as we were at last year. Won't get much better till some QB, somewhere, steps up, and till we get a pass rush, and till we get a serious center.

T.Edwards pass short left intended for 11-R.Parrish INTERCEPTED by 27-A.Elam at NYJ 8. 27-A.Elam for 92 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Up 7-6 on the Jets 14 yard line and our offense rolling, Edwards threw an INT for a TD which put the Jets in full control. Our offense and the team has completely fallen apart since.

I agree

The day the official schedule was released and revealed us to have all of our tough games later in the season. Seriously, we were never good, we just looked it against powder puffs. We are about the same level as we were at last year. Won't get much better till some QB, somewhere, steps up, and till we get a pass rush, and till we get a serious center.

I don't really buy that theory. Was Cleveland that good? Was San Francisco? And yet the Bills lost to both. Something has gone wrong with the Bills - they are clearly not playing to anything like the level they were earlier on in the season. I don't think it can all be explained away by the schedule getting tougher.

Agree that Trent's concussion sack was the easy answer to the single play that turned this around, but the biggest reason for the sustained failure was opposing D-co-ordinators realizing that our running game is so weak, they could just sit back with 7 or 8 DBs and LBs in coverage.

That was the end of Bills' offensive threat.

We need a running game to win another game, I mean a REAL running game, not one that is "allowed" because the defense is sitting back in coverage until we get the ball into the red zone.

A thread of this type popped up a week or so ago, and I'll say now what I said then...The Lynch dance in the endzone after his TD to put Buffalo up 16-7 in Miami, in the 3rd qtr was the turning point. The very next play the Fish hit a long gainer and the rest is history.

Marshawn's dance was the downfall...it's been all craptastic ever since.

lol @ all the 'trent's concussion' answers.

THEN WHATS THE EXPLANATION FOR THE SAN DIEGO AND KANSAS CITY GAMES?

and lol @ the "the defense doesnt have to play against the running game".

arizona can't run the ball worth a lick, and kurt warner is putting up MVP numbers.

Arizona: dead last in the NFL in rushing yards and yards per rush.

what changed the season is we stopped playing the dregs of the NFL.

A thread of this type popped up a week or so ago, and I'll say now what I said then...The Lynch dance in the endzone after his TD to put Buffalo up 16-7 in Miami, in the 3rd qtr was the turning point. The very next play the Fish hit a long gainer and the rest is history.

Marshawn's dance was the downfall...it's been all craptastic ever since.

I agree with that to a point. I think that dance got the team cocky, Trent goes on to fumble on the reach, which is the start of his 100% lack of confidence which is then compounded by the Jets pick! Hip bone connected to the shin bone type thing

Trent's concussion.

The team won't admit it, but Trent has not been the same efficient QB since then.

Totally agree. This kid was fantastic early in the year (comebacks at Jax, vs Raiders), but has been a shell of himself since the hit in Az. I think he still has effects from it that even he, and the team, are unaware of.

If you can single out one play that signifies our down fall more than any other, which one will it be?

This one is an easy one for me. I believe it was the INT that Trent threw against the Jets for a TD. That play was the beginning of the end in my book.

What do you think?

Deferring the kickoff in the first Miami game. With a gleaming 5-1 record and a nice sunny day in Florida playing their first AFC East divisional game, the Buffalo Bills announced that they were still a meek, small minded, play not to lose bunch who didn't have the balls to try to take out their opponent early in the game. Miami gets the ball...BOOM...touchdown Miami. From that point on, everyone knew the Bills were going to lose after that score. Even when they were ahead, I thought they were toast. They never recovered from that decision and game.

I agree with that to a point. I think that dance got the team cocky, Trent goes on to fumble on the reach, which is the start of his 100% lack of confidence which is then compounded by the Jets pick! Hip bone connected to the shin bone type thing

I don't think that "dance" everyone is referring to is as bad as it's made out to be. That did nothing to the team. And don't try selling Trent's concussion....

But it's when Trent fumbled, then threw an INT against Miami where things went downhill. The coaches became WAY too conservative and Trent's confidence waned big time.

If we pick a single play that turned the season the wrong way, I agree it had to be the Elam INT. Had the Bills even gotten a FG there, it's 10-6 going into the half and a completely different game. Not to say that the coaches wouldn't be calling for a roll-out pass on 3rd & 1, though. :blink: