Is anyone thinking Bill Cowher?

tedstrong

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any GOOD coach with a sane mind will NEVER coach in Buffalo with Ralph Wilson as the owner. We will get 3rd tier coaching.......GW, Mularkey, Jauron.....get my drift? If Ralph Wilson sold the team, I wouldnt put it past the new regime to find a quality coach like Cowher.....

He might not be HC worthy, but I am impressed as hale at what he has established working as the ATL OC with Matt Ryan..

We've had 3 head coaching clunkers in a row. Just using the law of averages we're due to hit the jackpot sooner or later. Ralph is a classic command and control manager who cannot find it in himself to delegate to his subordinates. People like that are fearful of high competency, high skill people. Sooner or later the coach is going to get fed up with being directed and the top is going to blow off the arrangement. He would never hire a coach that would demand the autonomy and authority of a high profile coach like Cowher. That marriage would be doomed to failure from day 1.

If we don't get another on the job trainee or 2nd rate reject then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ralph has as much chance of bringing in a high profile coach as Al Davis does in Oakland. Wonder why they've sucked since 'Chucky' left? Both owners are old guard types from the same mold; want to call all the shots with Ralph being a little more discreet about it so big Al gets all the negative press in the national news while Ralph flies under the radar.

Marty S.

I think he's over rated and would take Marty over Bill C any day. Marty can turn us around to competitive quickly. Not sure about BC.

The Steelers had to win 3 road games to get into that Super Bowl. You talk like they stopped the Bengals game after Palmer got hurt and just handed Cowher the Lamar Hunt trophy. That was just their first road win. And regardless of how lucky you thought the Steelers were against Seattle, they won the game, and Cowher became a SB winner. Plus, you forget to mention the fact that Cowhers' Steelers played in another SB about 8 years earlier, under his watch. That one they lost to Dallas, and now Bill Cowher has a 1-1 SB record. That makes him an elite Hall of Fame worthy NFL head coach. Marty?? Well he may get into the Hall too, based on his 200+ regular season wins. But the man is known as the all time choker coach come playoff time. You think he would build the Bills up faster then Cowher? Only you know why that is, but what good would that do if his Buffalo Bills have a 14-2-0 regular season and then lose their first round home playoff game like his Chargers did a few years ago?? And his Chiefs never got into a SB. Neither did his Redskins. And his poor Browns manage to lose three AFC Championship games to the same team - the Broncos, in the 80's.

We can't (I should say we won't) afford Cowher at 9 mill per year.

I just heard Marty last week saying that he is done with coaching, but minds can always be changed.

He is probably our best bet to actually come here and bring real change.

Cowher: $18 million over the next two years

Shotty: $10 million over the next two years

Jauron $4 million over the next two years.

No need to get out the calculator. What's most likely is that Jauron is around for another year; one last chance to give this team an identity and save his career in Buffalo. Oh and save a few million bucks.....

-BBF

I'm getting tired of all of the ..is Jauron going to coach next year or ... who will be our coach next year or... will Ralph pay for a decent coach? or ... will this person (insert name) be a good head coach? This all shows just how sad this season and the Bills are.

I'm getting tired of all of the ..is Jauron going to coach next year or ... who will be our coach next year or... will Ralph pay for a decent coach? or ... will this person (insert name) be a good head coach? This all shows just how sad this season and the Bills are.

What I am the most sick of actually is the comments on how Ralph is not willing to pay for a coach based on his last couple coaching choices...

1. Williams and Mularkey were highly respected candidates and both considered to be good landings for Buffalo at the time (kind of like all this hype over a certain DB coach in TB this year). He didnt hire what was thought to be a bumb, he went for the hot young coach...a lot like you are yelling for him to do again this year.

2. Jauron was MARVS guy! Get off Ralph on this...Marv was brought in and Marv sold Ralph on DJ. Im so sick of hearing how Ralph wont pay...he gave a ton of money to our O-line and other FA's, traded for a stud in Stroud, paid big money to keep Evans, Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay (not saying Denney and Kelsay were good choices, just making the point he opened up his pocket book), etc.

Im just so tired of the constant whining on how cheap he is when he has clearly been spending money the last few years to make this team a contender. Some have panned out, some havent. Then he goes out and hires what were hot young sought after coaches in Williams and Mularkey who dont pan out just to see you guys cry out that he is cheap...then I see the same posters yelling to go get coaches like Singletary, that TB DB's coach, Lofton, etc. who are all going to be cheap unproven coaches just like Williams and Mularkey. WTF man...some of you people are just impossible...so when they dont pan out you are going to be screaming he is cheap again for not shelling out money for a big name. Its a lose lose for Ralph...

Then he hires a former NFL coach of the year in DJ that was brought in by Marv after going with 2 young unproven guys who didnt pan out...give him a break already. Marv missed on DJ...Ralph is PISSED on this as much as we are! The man WANTS TO WIN and is pissed we are not...He went out and got Bledsoe and his big azz contract too a few years ago...he wants to win, so get over it already. If making the right personell decisions were easy and clear as day every team in the league would be a SB contender every year...

What I am the most sick of actually is the comments on how Ralph is not willing to pay for a coach based on his last couple coaching choices...

LMAO... get real.. Ralph sucks balls and is a cheap muther when it comes to coaches.

I honestly can't wait for his last days at this point. He will hire another coach with potential who will go through this same carousel yet again.

anyone who thinks Ralph will bring in a high quality coach like Cowher is dellusional. Ralph doesn't care enough to open up his billionaire pocket book at give the city of Buffalo a chance... (Schottenhiemer sucks, he never won a single playoff game in his life)

The thing is with Ralph Wilson is he wants the franchise to support itself and actually make some money so it shows a profit.There are other teams and owners who spare no expense to buy players,coaches and stadiums. those owners can afford to do those things because their franchise is in a much larger city that sells their tickets for a considerable amount more then the Bills charge.

What he needs to do at this point is throw caution to the wind and hire a great GM like Charlie Casserly or head coach like Bill Cower and raise the ticket prices accordingly.

He is most likely afraid if he does something like that and the Bills fail to make the playoffs the Buffalo fans won't buy tickets.

There comes a time when a man needs to take a leap of faith in his ability to pick a winning coach,GM I honestly don't see how he could go wrong with either Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher. I know I'd buy season tickets for the next 5 years if he did hire either of those two men :blink:

Just like I did when He hired Bill polian who hired Marv Levy, who then hired the real deal in Ted Marchibroda as the offensive coordinator.

LMAO... get real.. Ralph sucks balls and is a cheap muther when it comes to coaches.

I honestly can't wait for his last days at this point

You make me sick...Someone ban this jackass...you just put a game above human life...

You cant wait for his last days? Does it even matter how much this guy does for charity, the community, etc? Is his only value the quality of his football team? Wishing for him to retire or sell the team is one thing, but to honestly say you cant wait for his last days? The owner of the team you love? No wonder the rest of the world hates our country, look at our priorities...what a joke...

Sad thing is that you are not the only sick f**k that has posted something as pathetic as this...maybe you should go out and start getting laid, a new hobby, or read a book because clearly you clinically obsessed with a game to the point you are rooting for a downfall of the health of the teams owner...

Not to mention no one wants the Bills to STAY in Buffalo more than this man...

You make me sick...Someone ban this jackass...you just put a game above human life...

You cant wait for his last days? Does it even matter how much this guy does for charity, the community, etc? Is his only value the quality of his football team? Wishing for him to retire or sell the team is one thing, but to honestly say you cant wait for his last days? The owner of the team you love? No wonder the rest of the world hates our country, look at our priorities...what a joke...

Sad thing is that you are not the only sick f**k that has posted something as pathetic as this...maybe you should go out and start getting laid, a new hobby, or read a book because clearly you clinically obsessed with a game to the point you are rooting for a downfall of the health of the teams owner...

Not to mention no one wants the Bills to STAY in Buffalo more than this man...

well said

Guest dog14787
The thing is with Ralph Wilson is he wants the franchise to support itself and actually make some money so it shows a profit.There are other teams and owners who spare no expense to buy players,coaches and stadiums. those owners can afford to do those things because their franchise is in a much larger city that sells their tickets for a considerable amount more then the Bills charge.

What he needs to do at this point is throw caution to the wind and hire a great GM like Charlie Casserly or head coach like Bill Cower and raise the ticket prices accordingly.

He is most likely afraid if he does something like that and the Bills fail to make the playoffs the Buffalo fans won't buy tickets.

There comes a time when a man needs to take a leap of faith in his ability to pick a winning coach,GM I honestly don't see how he could go wrong with either Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher. I know I'd buy season tickets for the next 5 years if he did hire either of those two men :blink:

Just like I did when He hired Bill polian who hired Marv Levy, who then hired the real deal in Ted Marchibroda as the offensive coordinator.

Ted Marchibroda despite his age would be a very good choice for a new OC in my opinion. We need experience, someone with a proven track record.

Let me throw another angle to this.....will Bill Cowher WANT to coach here even if shown the money and title of coach/GM? Does he even want to get back into coaching? Does any worthwhile coach WANT to come and work for Ralph the owner who is known for his meddling and being cheap? Just because someone is shown the money does not mean they will automatically have the desire to come here and coach a game in a 1972 stadium with a cheap owner, bad work environment, and a bad front office in a tiny market like Buffalo compared to other teams.

Get my drift?

I want to have worthwhile coach and a winning team too (please don't get me wrong) but no way does Cowher or Marty come here....not gonna happen....nope.

I agree as much as I like Cowher I don't think we could afford him. Plus he likes to run a 3-4 and at this point I would like to see us stay with the 4-3 and keep building with players that fit that defense as long as it's more aggressive i.e Baltimore. Rex Ryan or Singletary fit the mold and salary range a little better.

When has Ralph ever went after a big name coach? Chuck Knox?

Keep building? When did we start- our defense is only better than our offense...and not by much

What planet are you from ?

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.

At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

Team Year Regular Season Post Season

Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result

PIT 1992 11 5 0 .688 1st in AFC Central 0 1 .000 Lost to Buffalo Bills in AFC Divisional Game.

PIT 1993 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC Central 0 1 .000 Lost to Kansas City Chiefs in AFC Wild-Card Game.

PIT 1994 12 4 0 .750 1st in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to San Diego Chargers in AFC Championship Game.

PIT 1995 11 5 0 .688 1st in AFC Central 2 1 .667 Lost to Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX.

PIT 1996 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to New England Patriots in AFC Divisional Game.

PIT 1997 11 5 0 .688 1st in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Denver Broncos in AFC Championship Game.

PIT 1998 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central - - - -

PIT 1999 6 10 0 .375 4th in AFC Central - - - -

PIT 2000 9 7 0 .563 3rd in AFC Central - - - -

PIT 2001 13 3 0 .812 1st in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to New England Patriots in AFC Championship Game.

PIT 2002 10 5 1 .656 1st in AFC North 1 1 .500 Lost to Tennessee Titans in AFC Divisional Game.

PIT 2003 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC North - - - -

PIT 2004 15 1 0 .938 1st in AFC North 1 1 .500 Lost to New England Patriots in AFC Championship Game.

PIT 2005 11 5 0 .688 2nd in AFC North 4 0 1.000 Super Bowl XL Champions.

PIT 2006 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC North - - - -

PIT Total 149 90 1 .623 12 9 .571

Total[11] 149 90 1 .623 12 9 .571

Pleeeeaaaaaaassssseee, don't confuse me with facts !!

I just can't stand Bill Cowher. I was in the Seattle Seahawks Drumline in 2005 and we went to Super Bowl XL with the team. It was a heartbreaker defeat. We got some bad calls, and bottom line we choked. I'm still pissed. Therefore I hate the Steelers now more than ever and that includes Cowher. That's just the way it is with me.

And yes, I do think Marty can turn the team around faster. He's done it everywhere he's been. I'm thinkin' we need to get competitive and in the playoffs as soon as possible. Then we may have the capability to lure big name players to here when we'll get better and get back to the Super Bowl. Ya gotta crawl before you can walk.

And, Marty had his team in position to win. It's not his fault that Byner fumbled on the way into the end zone for the go ahead TD late. I'm sure Marty didn't tell him to do that. Up until 2005 Cowher couldn't win the big on either.