What a non-ringing endorsement from TD on DB

In his interview of Tom Donahoe today, Howard Simon asked TD if "you guys" (or something like that - it was a plural you) feel that Drew gives the team the best chance to win right now. (Simon had been talking about the possibility of putting Graham in the game if Drew was struggling.)

TD said something like, "That's what Mike has said publicly and that's obviously the way he feels right now." Never once said that he/the administration felt Drew was the best option. He usually is a big "we" guy when speaking. But several times in the Drew conversation he referred simply to Mike.

(Note: he didn't seem to be questioning MM per se, and he obviously felt comfortable with the fact that it was MM's decision. In fact, he gave MM a strong show of support at the end of the interview, saying that there were several positives about the team right now and that the biggest was that we had "the right head coach.")

Still, he wasn't exactly jumping out of his boots to deny the possibility that even Graham, let alone Losman, might be seen as an option at some point.

Mark (Clifton Park, NY): How can you justify keeping Drew Bledsoe in as the Bills QB when he has such a terrible win/loss record since he's been here? Is it time to attempt to see if the offense can move with another QB in there?

Our coaches currently feel that our best chance to win is with Drew Bledsoe and even though our entire offense struggled in the Baltimore game, Drew has played good football for us this year up until yesterday's game. Some of the problems we had in the red zone were not strictly Drew.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2852

note that he said exactly the same thing you're mentioning, it's OUR coaches who feel that way.

Mark (Clifton Park, NY): How can you justify keeping Drew Bledsoe in as the Bills QB when he has such a terrible win/loss record since he's been here? Is it time to attempt to see if the offense can move with another QB in there?

Our coaches currently feel that our best chance to win is with Drew Bledsoe and even though our entire offense struggled in the Baltimore game, Drew has played good football for us this year up until yesterday's game. Some of the problems we had in the red zone were not strictly Drew.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2852

note that he said exactly the same thing you're mentioning, it's OUR coaches who feel that way.

88598[/snapback]

That's what he's learned from his Pittsburgh experience: be sure to choose wisely when you're looking for a fall-guy coach. Make sure the staff takes the fall; not the GM.

Translation: "The depth chart for the organization is the coaches' responsibility, not the GM's." If he says "I believe we will win with Drew" then everyone will say "MM"s only starting Drew because OW says he has to." No winning...

Translation: "The depth chart for the organization is the coaches' responsibility, not the GM's."  If he says "I believe we will win with Drew" then everyone will say "MM"s only starting Drew because OW says he has to."  No winning...

88615[/snapback]

Winner!!!!! <_< Ding Ding!

Translation: "The depth chart for the organization is the coaches' responsibility, not the GM's."  If he says "I believe we will win with Drew" then everyone will say "MM"s only starting Drew because OW says he has to."  No winning...

88615[/snapback]

Yeah, except that usually he says things like, "We believe we will win with Drew." Not, "Mike believes we will win with Drew." I think he's been noticably lukewarm in his DB comments lately. And I think this is quite a shift from the way he was talking last year or during the preseason. That's all I'm saying.

Who is Graham?  Are you saying your grandmother is more mobile than Drew?

88626[/snapback]

<_<:):lol:

Damn, that made me laugh. But I was thinking the same thing. Is he thinking Shayne Graham instead of Shane Matthews? The kicker, right?

Hell, he'd probably do better than Drew right now....

Yeah, except that usually he says things like, "We believe we will win with Drew." Not, "Mike believes we will win with Drew." I think he's been noticably lukewarm in his DB comments lately. And I think this is quite a shift from the way he was talking last year or during the preseason. That's all I'm saying.

88629[/snapback]

Re-positioning for the Bledsoe coup de grace.

Who is Graham?  Are you saying your grandmother is more mobile than Drew?

88626[/snapback]

LOL. Well, my Grandmothers are both dead. So it's a tossup.

I was actually having a neural misfire provoked by the "Shayne" input, though I'm not sure that either Matthews OR Graham wouldn't hit a few of those wide open receivers we left littered on the field in Baltimore, even if the Graham had to pooch kick it to them.

His final words were compelete bull stevestojan.

(Paraphrasing)He said that the fans should go out and buy tickets for this game because, even know our win-loss record isn't good, the team improves every week and is close.

Im so sick of that stevestojan!

88597[/snapback]

No doubt, those type of comments are ringing pretty hollow right about now... <_<

Improves every week...Whatever, I'd rather see them struggle and freaking win...

In his interview of Tom Donahoe today, Howard Simon asked TD if "you guys" (or something like that - it was a plural you) feel that Drew gives the team the best chance to win right now. (Simon had been talking about the possibility of putting Graham in the game if Drew was struggling.)

TD said something like, "That's what Mike has said publicly and that's obviously the way he feels right now." Never once said that he/the administration felt Drew was the best option. He usually is a big "we" guy when speaking. But several times in the Drew conversation he referred simply to Mike.

(Note: he didn't seem to be questioning MM per se, and he obviously felt comfortable with the fact that it was MM's decision. In fact, he gave MM a strong show of support at the end of the interview, saying that there were several positives about the team right now and that the biggest was that we had "the right head coach.")

Still, he wasn't exactly jumping out of his boots to deny the possibility that even Graham, let alone Losman, might be seen as an option at some point.

88585[/snapback]

Whatever.

Somebody should ask Drew whether or not TD is a do$^hebag for drafting MW in lieu of McKinnie, and trading up for Denney. While we are there, ask him if Josh Reed was worth a #2.

Drew may very well be shot, but he is the victim of TD being a sub-par GM.  TD is killing us before our very eyes. Where is the outrage?