This Dude Gets a Free Pass, Why?

jbird78

Dude this isn't some big social comment on inequality. The people around here tend to mark out for white players. That's it and that's all.

So when are these "White Power" meetings held, where the majority of the board decides who to protect and how? :lol:

Truth be told, aside from a few high-profile players, I don't really know who's black or white on the team (I figured Poz was white, because he's a Penn State product. I also figured he was limited in his abilities...because he was a Penn State product). I consider them all Bills blue.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you a hint. He's white. There're a lot of people on this board that get all giddy when there's a white player. (See the reactions to Brian Leonard prior to the 2007 draft if you need an example.) Plus he's a high character guy and a Penn State guy. That's a lethal combination around here.

I think all of our players have sucked this year except our Chinese players.

I think our whole defense gets a pass. The defense has played well. Well enough to win a lot more games than we have won.

Unless you think that 3 points on offense is enough to win a game.

The defense "looks" good because of the crappy offenses they have faced.

As I posted previously...

Take a look at where the majority of Bills opponents are ranked in terms of points scored...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-n=1

New England 16th

San Francisco 19th

Miami 23rd

Jacksonville 24th

Seattle 25th

Kansas City 26th

Cleveland 27th

Oakland 30th

St. Louis 31st

That's 10 of the 14 games the team has played. It's all smoke and mirrors. Lets' see what happens when next years schedule gets much more difficult!

Most big runs against us are cutbacks where Poz has overrun them.

This is exactly what I've seen - regardless of the coverage/scheme - there have been a lot of gashes up the middle where if you look Poz has overrun the play to one side or even worse has just gotten easily pushed out of the way to one side or the other. Another thing for me personally is that I feel there are many plays where he could be sticking himself in there but ends up kind of just jogging up to the play and never even delivering a hit (to me Mitchell has phases where he does this too). How many times have we seen him hit a gap and deliver a crushing blow knocking someone backward?

Do any of you guys know what the MLB's job is in the Tampa 2 defense? They are more of a support system then a playmaker with a particular focus. Their main duty is to support the run, cover vacant blitzing olb spots and to drop back in coverage. In our case Mitchell is our main blitzing LB and Ellison, being the smallest and the weakest of the three needs support in all area's. That being said, with the lack of pass rush that our 2 DE generate Poz is left with a lot of responsibility. That would be why he leads our team in tackles but it would also be why he isn't tearing up the field as a free roaming playmaker like an Urlacher.

That and he hasn't even played a full season people! I get the racism card, I see it here from time to time but I think like Lynch gets a pass for the crap around him so should Poz.

Do you know we don't run the 'Tampa 2'? Even when we do run the cover-2, it's still not the same system. Generalizing our defence is wrong just because we run cover-2 at times.

Do you have a stat on missed tackles, because I've seen him miss too many. I see the back of his jersey chasing someone far too often (when he's overrun a play). How about speed in pursuit, I've thought he looked slower than he should on more than one occasion. When has he _ever_ delivered a Ray Lewis/Ed Reed type hit and knocked a RB backwards?

Paul Posluzny. I keyed on this guy while watching the defense against miami, is he even on the field? Oh yeah he's getting drive blocked 10 yards down the field, standing in no man's land in the zone scheme's, or getting pushed aside like my niece when he's trying to blitz. If this is the Middle Linebacker we our going to build our team around our defense is in big trouble for a long time. But his hair is really dreamy and he has a strong jaw line so he's got that going for him. :censored: Gimme a break, we need some bad asses on this defense. I don't think we have any.

I for one am willing to give him a pass this season, don't forget that he missed almost all of last season due to injury. Which essentially makes him a rookie this year! :censored:

Yes you are. Your statement is the equivalent of, "Just kidding; But seriously."

If you want to smear the board, stand up like a grown up and defend your position, or shut up.

I am defending my position. My position is that there is a segment of this board that gets especially excited and pays particular attention to white football players. I'm not playing the "race card." I'm a white guy. I'm just stating my observation.

True. Buffalo does ony root for the white guys. I remember back in 90's when the whole stadium would yell this WHITE GUY's name when he would make a play

Yeah because my point was that Buffalo fans NEVER root for black players. Jesus Christ you guys are touchy. Nobody is claiming victimization, nobody is claiming it's wrong, but from where I sit there is a tendency among some Bills fans to take special interest in white players.

PicnicTable: Great post. Totally agree. Poz is a stud being made play deep cover pass defense in the stupid cover 2 defense. This guy is being wasted covering the deep zone. He should be attacking the ball in a zone blitz scheme. The guy is great. the defensive approach wastes his abilities on all but 1st down.. period.

PicnicTable: Great post. Totally agree.

Glad there is at least two of us.

Labatt: True, but I mean its not like they get to decide who they play. On the defense of the Bills D, they might be even better than they are now if the offense could keep itself on the field ever. The less playing for the D, the less points get scored on us. Miami just killed us in terms of TOP.

Glad there is at least two of us.

Labatt: True, but I mean its not like they get to decide who they play. On the defense of the Bills D, they might be even better than they are now if the offense could keep itself on the field ever. The less playing for the D, the less points get scored on us. Miami just killed us in terms of TOP.

great point. Miami had the ball for 21 minutes in the FIRST HALF (thats out of 30), and still had only scored 13 points.

edit: Poz also led the team with 11 tackles on Sunday

To a certain extent he has gotten a pass. He has been ok, but is not an upgrade over Fletcher or a healthy Spikes. Patrick Willis is a better LB at this point.

The lingering image that I have is when Portis ran over him at the goal line in preseason. He has a tendency to try to run around blocks rather than take on blockers. As a result, he leaves running lanes open.

Having said that, he is effectively a rookie. I am not ready to give up on him.

Patrick will always be a better LB.

He is a playmaker and impact player.

POZ is another guy who cost 2 premium draft picks.

This post illustrates the wrong attitude that most people have on this board. That attitude being that a player is either a gamechanger or he sucks. Aren't you all aware that most players in the NFL don't fit either of these categories. Most players aren't gamechangers and most players don't "suck". Now, Poz has fit into this gray area. He's forced one fumble and recorded zero sacks, but he also leads the team with an impressive 91 tackles. He's average so far. Not everybody has to be in a polarized category.

they do when you spend a 2nd and 3rd round pick on them.

The reason the Bills are nosediving is that they have squandered their premium picks on average starters instead on on playmakers.

I think POZ is a good young MLB in the league that is still learning the position. Is he a Patrick Willis? no he certainly isnt but if I remember that draft Willis the player we had tabbed went a pick ahead of us to the 49ers. When you are watching other teams MLB's to compare to Poz make sure to see how the line in front of these players are performing because aside from Stroud I think our D line is quite easy to push downfield or wide of the play.

Bottom line we need some beef if the opponents linemen are driving 5 yards downfield its quite hard for a linebacker to make plays in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage. If I remember correctly wasnt this a big part of the reason London Fletcher made alot of tackles 5 to 7 yards downfield? Is Poz the second coming of Urlacher? no he isnt but he is a solid young player who should continue to improve. Even more so if our D line could hold the line of scrimmage.

you do realize that Willis was drafted the same year as POZ.

why is it that he can play at a Pro Bowl level in his 1st year, but our great white hope from linebacker U is still getting a free pass because he is essentially a rookie in year 2?

The defense "looks" good because of the crappy offenses they have faced.

As I posted previously...

Take a look at where the majority of Bills opponents are ranked in terms of points scored...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-n=1

New England 16th

San Francisco 19th

Miami 23rd

Jacksonville 24th

Seattle 25th

Kansas City 26th

Cleveland 27th

Oakland 30th

St. Louis 31st

That's 10 of the 14 games the team has played. It's all smoke and mirrors. Lets' see what happens when next years schedule gets much more difficult!

Take a look at the points allowed by the other defenses in the AFC East. Do they all suck as well?

Yeah because my point was that Buffalo fans NEVER root for black players. Jesus Christ you guys are touchy. Nobody is claiming victimization, nobody is claiming it's wrong, but from where I sit there is a tendency among some Bills fans to take special interest in white players.

Poz is the guy all the chicks want to be with, and the dude all the guys want to be like. He was anointed before he ever covered a snap in Roch. He's a good lookin feller, and someone we'd like our sons to hang out with and our daughters get impregnated by. I think there is an element of white guy discount. It's not that people will ignore bad play because he's white, he'll just have further to fall from that pedestal of hope he was placed upon. You know, that Great White Hope. Wasn't it similar when Coy Wire first played?

BTW, Bruce said we were all racist. Bad example.