Is there a chance that Edwards..

canbuffan34

If not, I don't know if I could stomach watching JP (deer in the headlights) Losman trying to lead this anemic offense for another week! It physically ills me to witness what has happened to our team this year, and I hope and pray between now and Sunday that Ralph has a momentary lapse from senility and in a singular moment of clarity, he fires Dick and has Bobby April take over HC'ing duties for these final 3 games. :blink::blink:

JP did not play well, on Sunday, that's for sure. OTOH, he made more plays on Sunday than Edwards did in any of the Bills loses since the SD game.

With that said, Edwards, if healthy, needs to be behind center. If he isn't healthy, it's time to give Hamdan some PT, IMO.

Wow, I must have missed them!! Or were you referring to the int in the endzone and the four sacks?

I certainly admit TE played terrible in the Cleveland game and the NE game and did pretty much nothing. But in both the Jets and the first Miami game, while TE had some costly turnovers, he also moved the chains and got many first downs. Considering they had absolutley no running game in either of those two games, I think he did pretty well excluding the turnovers. Granted the turnovers were big, and may have been the difference in the game, but TE still did do many good things. JP did nothing in any of the games he's played this season. Last season at least JP had a couple good games and made some plays. Sunday he did nothing. On Sunday JP had two passes over ten yards, was 13 of 27 for 127 and 13 first downs had a few decent scrambles, but also lost 44 yards in sacks. In the Miami game TE had 21 of 35 for 227 yards 19 first downs and in the Jet game 24 of 35 for 289 and 18 first downs. And yes he did have turnovers.

JP did not play well, on Sunday, that's for sure. OTOH, he made more plays on Sunday than Edwards did in any of the Bills loses since the SD game.

With that said, Edwards, if healthy, needs to be behind center. If he isn't healthy, it's time to give Hamdan some PT, IMO.

...but, but but... JP didn't have a running game!

you can't use that as an excuse for trent edwards and not for jp losman.

fact of the matter our offense sucked ASS all those games listed, regardless of who is taking snaps behind the center.

...but, but but... JP didn't have a running game!

you can't use that as an excuse for trent edwards and not for jp losman.

fact of the matter our offense sucked ASS all those games listed, regardless of who is taking snaps behind the center.

And the reason why our offense has sucked is because we fail to USE our running game on a consistent basis.

The QB position is not the problem, although we do need Edwards to start for us. It's true that Edwards has played some bad games, but if we ran the ball some more to take the pressure off of Edwards I believe he would do better.

We do not have the personnel among our WR's & TE's to be a pass-first, shot-gun offense. We need to use Lynch & Jackson a lot more to be more successful.

And the reason why our offense has sucked is because we fail to USE our running game on a consistent basis.

The QB position is not the problem, although we do need Edwards to start for us. It's true that Edwards has played some bad games, but if we ran the ball some more to take the pressure off of Edwards I believe he would do better.

We do not have the personnel among our WR's & TE's to be a pass-first, shot-gun offense. We need to use Lynch & Jackson a lot more to be more successful.

While I disagree that QB isn't a problem on this team, it would be far less of an issue if they just RAN THE BALL. They give up on the run too soon (last week was atrocious) and even when they decide to run, they toss it away when they get into the red zone.

While I disagree that QB isn't a problem on this team, it would be far less of an issue if they just RAN THE BALL. They give up on the run too soon (last week was atrocious) and even when they decide to run, they toss it away when they get into the red zone.

Exactly. I blame the playcalling on offense more than I do the players. I do not understand why Lynch was given a very little opportunity to produce for us. Not to mention that we did'nt give the ball to Jackson once. Why? Were they using Jackson as a decoy? That's stupid.

As far as you and I disagreeing on the QB situation, I do think we have a problem at QB, but it's a minor problem.

I think Edwards is the right QB for the Bills. Yes he does have problems. I think they are small problems not glaring problems and he can work them out. He's only in his second year, and I think with more experience he can become a very special player.

I do think it is foolish of the coaches to think that the Bills can win just by having Edwards going out there and passing all the time. That is ridiculous. The coaches have got to realize that they can not win without a running game.

a-frickin men. we need to use our "heaviest offensive line in the nfl" to lean on the defense for 4 quarters.

I don't think Hamden sees the field while Dickie boy tries to save his own ass. Jauron, after he's done cursing at JP while watching last Sunday's film, will be on his knees begging JP for a good game this week if JP has to start.

Time of possession was a real problem in the game against Miami. Edwards seems to be able to sustain drives better than Losman.

It might just have something to do with the fact that the Bills ran the ball a total of 18 times and passed on 49 plays.

I think, to some extent, Edwards does a little better sustaining drives (not so much in the losing streak the 2nd half of the year), but the Miami game differential falls squarely on the coaches, IMO.

It might just have something to do with the fact that the Bills ran the ball a total of 18 times and passed on 49 plays.

I think, to some extent, Edwards does a little better sustaining drives (not so much in the losing streak the 2nd half of the year), but the Miami game differential falls squarely on the coaches, IMO.

Trent is more consistent than JP even when he is struggling. JP throws an occasional deep ball that looks truly wonderful, and then he pretty much sucks. His short passes, when accurate, are hard to catch because he drills them in there like major league fastballs.

Trent has as many excuses as JP. You don't hear them as often because he is able to produce enough for a win as often as not. JP has won less than 1/3 of his starts. Your instinctive reaction to this is surely to be "it's a team game. QBs don't win or lose games." There is some truth in this too, but JP takes the field and loses....time and time again.

Thinking that this will stop is an exercise in futility.

There's a chance that Hamdan may start the game. Based on the #1 and #2 qb recent play, its physically impossible for him to play any worse.....I don't care anymore... I'm fed up with their crappy play. I can take losing, but not in their recent style...

agree, whats the point of JP starting anyways? we are out of the playoffs, we arent resigning him, and our offense has put up 6 pts in 2 games. See what you have in Hamden...see if he would be a reliable backup for the future.