Is there a chance that Edwards..

canbuffan34

I don't think Hamden sees the field while Dickie boy tries to save his own ass. Jauron, after he's done cursing at JP while watching last Sunday's film, will be on his knees begging JP for a good game this week if JP has to start.

lets be real here, Dick Jauron would NOT be cursing at JP after watching the film. That would mean he showed a hint of emotion and sounded like he cared about losing.

JP did not play well, on Sunday, that's for sure. OTOH, he made more plays on Sunday than Edwards did in any of the Bills loses since the SD game.

With that said, Edwards, if healthy, needs to be behind center. If he isn't healthy, it's time to give Hamdan some PT, IMO.

What plays did he make Dean???? Leading the offense to a season low 168 yards of total offense. Or maybe leading the bills offense to a season low time of possession. Typical JP stats last week. He once again threw for under 200yrds(now makes 24 times he has done this in 32 career starts), once again lead the team to more three & outs then in any other week & failed to put any points up on the board. As bad as Edwards has been the last 5-6 games, he has still had a better year then any other QB drafted last year. I think there is still a ton of upside in him. When are you going to realize Losman just sucks. When he is out of the league next year?

I used to be a big JP supporter last year, but just watching him recently, he shows absolutely nothing. Its the same every single game, one or two long passes, a whole lot of misses, several sacks and at least two fumbles off those sacks.

Believe it or not, we need Edwards back there. He gives us the best chance to win. He did pretty damn good the first part of the season and once he gets his confidence back (probably the offseason) he should be fine. It doesn't look good for this year, but give him all the palying time we possibly can.

JP did not play well, on Sunday, that's for sure. OTOH, he made more plays on Sunday than Edwards did in any of the Bills loses since the SD game.

With that said, Edwards, if healthy, needs to be behind center. If he isn't healthy, it's time to give Hamdan some PT, IMO.

What palys did Losman make? Running into his own players on scrambles and overthrowing people??? losman was terrible and even in his worst starts, Edwards was still much better than Losman.

What plays did he make Dean????

What palys did Losman make?

5 runs for 53 yards...10+ yards per attempt. He was the team's leading rusher. Since Turk only managed to call 13 running plays, these the 5 scrambles by Losman DEFINITELY count as "plays made", IMO

He also completed 13 passes...plays made. So, at the very least, JP gets 18 plays made. The truth is, a couple of those "plays" were less than what was required at the time (pass short of 1st downs, for example, so feel free to make a few subtractions.) Still, that is "some". It's also a lousy game, by JP...as I pointed out.

Now, I didn't mean this to become a JP vs. Edwards topic, because Edwards is, and needs to remain, the team's starting QB (at least for the next year, or so, barring some unusual situation), and JP needs to go at the end of the year (and doesn't need to see the field again, unless it is an emergency, IMO). But, let's not pretend that this performance by JP was worse than what Edwards gave the team against, NE, SF and the Jets (while he eventually completed some passes, the 3 INT's and general brain-lock were horrid).

I take the position that Edwards is going through a bad period, and experiencing some growing pains. Much can be blamed on the coaches and playcalling, but Edwards needs to get past this total lock he seems to be in. He needs to start any game that he is healthy enough to play in, IMO. They team needs to make sure they don't mishandle him, in the way they did JP. While I think Edwards is more likely to be a quality starting QB than JP, I am also more concerned about Edwards at this point in his career, than I was with JP. I think the only way for Edwards to move past this period, is to play.