A Few Thoughts About The Game

No, definitely not:

I notice you crossed off Detroit. You have been watching the news, right?

The Tigers are talking about RAISING ticket prices. I'm interested to see how that works out for them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks, we seemed to have gotten off track:

Do I think Buffalo deserves a team- absolutely- despite what its population and economy would indicate, it has supported its team through thick and thin.

Considering the population and economic strife the city has undergone over the last thirty years, is Buffalo lucky to have an NFL team, ABSOLUTELY.

My initial point was, considering the latter, to say we "deserve" better when we pay the lowest price for tickets in the league, and when we have to move our home games to Canada to increase revenue, it's a hard sell to say we "deserve" better, when it seems to me that Buffalo (the city) is just barely keeping its neck above water and we already have an NFL team that's only a few PLAYS away from leading its highly competitive division. IMO, that's more to be thankful for than to be shook up over.

I understand the depression that comes from watching a team fall, but I still think that Buffalo is fortunate just to have the opportunity to call a team its own.

My (Labatt inspired) opinions are not meant to offend anyone here.

Okay folks, we seemed to have gotten off track:

Do I think Buffalo deserves a team- absolutely- despite what its population and economy would indicate, it has supported its team through thick and thin.

Considering the population and economic strife the city has undergone over the last thirty years, is Buffalo lucky to have an NFL team, ABSOLUTELY.

My initial point was, considering the latter, to say we "deserve" better when we pay the lowest price for tickets in the league, and when we have to move our home games to Canada to increase revenue, it's a hard sell to say we "deserve" better, when it seems to me that Buffalo (the city) is just barely keeping its neck above water and we already have an NFL team that's only a few PLAYS away from leading its highly competitive division. IMO, that's more to be thankful for than to be shook up over.

I understand the depression that comes from watching a team fall, but I still think that Buffalo is fortunate just to have the opportunity to call a team its own.

My (Labatt inspired) opinions are not meant to offend anyone here.

You are correct that Buffalo is fortunate to have a team of its own. But, I think the fan support over the years, demonstrates they deserve that fortune.

Ralph is responsible for getting, and keeping the team, in Buffalo. I seriously doubt there are many owners who would have kept the team here, over these years, and not taken the money offered from other markets. But, in keeping it here, he has not managed to put a quality product on the field.

The thing is, if you are going to compete from Buffalo, you have to be smarter than the average team, as you are less able to throw money at your mistakes. That just hasn't been the case, lately.

I notice you crossed off Detroit. You have been watching the news, right?

The Tigers are talking about RAISING ticket prices. I'm interested to see how that works out for them.

I kept Detroit in spite of what's happening right now, because it's STILL the center of the auto industry in the US. They're going through tough times now, and if you want to discuss this on PPP, I'd be glad to, but they're still the epicenter of arguably the most important American industry. May be not for long, but I personally think they're due for a massive transformation before they go breasts up. The difference? They'll still be more economically viable than Buffalo following what I hope will be massive reformations to their established industry, assuming measures aren't taken to resuscitate said industry.

Billy from NYC - I look forward to your posts every week win or lose. I think as fans we have to ask ourselves one question - does Buffalo really have less talent than Cleveland, SF and Miami? I don't think we do, I believe we have better talent; we just don't know how to motivate or use it. It is really sad to pi$$ away a 5-1 start, I wonder if the players and coaches care as much as the fans do.

Did anyone happen to see the Miami or Pittsburgh sidelines (including HC) today? Emotional is one word that comes to mind, football is an emotional sport, we don't need a mortician on the sideline, our players have taken on their coach’s persona.

Something to chew on, the Bengals have been better than Buffalo the last 7 weeks

Russ Brandon - another letter coming your way, fix it, you have a fan base second to none, we deserve so much better.

Ralph, the NFL, whoever was the brainchild behind this Toronto game, thanks for making sure Chad "daisy putt putt arm" Pennington was nice and cozy in a dome for a Buffalo home game, !@#$ing genius.

Did anyone see McGee playing 10 yards off off Chad in the Wildcat set, why isn't he in his face, beating his A$$ to the turf when the ball is snapped?????

Help ME

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Did anyone see McGee playing 10 yards off off Chad in the Wildcat set, why isn't he in his face, beating his A$$ to the turf when the ball is snapped?????

Help ME

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Yes, and is sickens me every time I see it. To be fair, it seems NO team hits the QB when he is lined up at WR. That is a travesty and an insult to the game, IMO. If a team lines up their QB at WR, it is imperative that the QB meet the turf.

You are correct that Buffalo is fortunate to have a team of its own. But, I think the fan support over the years, demonstrates they deserve that fortune.

Ralph is responsible for getting, and keeping the team, in Buffalo. I seriously doubt there are many owners who would have kept the team here, over these years, and not taken the money offered from other markets. But, in keeping it here, he has not managed to put a quality product on the field.

The thing is, if you are going to compete from Buffalo, you have to be smarter than the average team, as you are less able to throw money at your mistakes. That just hasn't been the case, lately.

Fine assessment there Dean. It's true that Ralph ensured the team remained in Buffalo, but he's not doing much lately with them.

Since 2000, the team record is 59-82, which is better than places like Oakland. I go to home games, but each one feels like a punch in the stomach. The past few, (NYJ, CLE, and SF) have left me wondering if it's worth it to buy season's for next year.

I'm a Bills fan, but it doesn't mean I have to accept the way this team is going. It would be one thing if the team had been poor for nine straight seasons. Unfortunately, we Bills fans must worry if the team will even be around A.R.-after Ralph.

Those two elements have made for a very dissatisfied base, which I'm sure you know, is only becoming more vocal in their (edit) dissatisfaction.

Yes, and is sickens me every time I see it. To be fair, it seems NO team hits the QB when he is lined up at WR. That is a travesty and an insult to the game, IMO. If a team lines up their QB at WR, it is imperative that the QB meet the turf.

I couldn't agree more. I said this last time we played them.

"7) Every Buffalo Bills Fan should be proud of Josh Reed. "

Unbelievable, yet true. Buffalo has so little to be proud of. Josh Reed is one of the few players on our team with enough balls to be a winner on another team.

Reed & Scott came to play.

I think it's clear that Ralph doesn't believe that more $$ in coaching necessarily = better teams. Perhaps he noticed that, although the Redskins hemorrhage money every FA period, and hire guys like Spurrier, and Joe Gibbs 2, yet still don't win Super Bowls. He probably saw that hiring Jimmy Johnson and Nich Saban didn't help Miami, either.

Ralph is cheap, in many ways. What I mean is, he is old school, and he doesn't believe in getting ripped off ...which isn't to say that he hasn't overpaid for things, of course everyone has, at one point in time. I think that, when top notch, proven NFL winners have been available, they had no interest in coming to Buffalo, and if the did, probably wanted much more $ to come here, than to go to another team. (And to cut you off, before you get into your "then Buffalo doesn't deserve a team" tirade...I'm sure the same thing is true of Detroit, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Minnesota, etc). As he won with the Bills in the 60's and the 90's, he believes he can win, and still be prudent.

I'm not defending all of Ralph's decisions, by any means. But, your logic, that, because Ralph runs a team the way he runs it, Buffalo doesn't deserve a team, is seriously flawed.

Ralph has a serious problem on his hands now. We'll see how he responds over the next 30 days.

As usual Dean...right on the money. I know center is a tough position but yikes. Is there that much padding back there that you can't determine if another man's hands are in the vicinity? I realize the possibilities for tasteless jokes are endless here but the question is a serious one. That play was a joke. :sick:

Hey, Preston's butt had fallen asleep so he had no feeling on his backside. It could happen to anyone.

Using a first round pick on JP set this franchise back 2-3 years.

Key drops by Marshawn Lynch...AGAIN.

Last year the DLine was strong on the outside, this year up the middle. If only they could put it all together.

Robert Royal needs to go. I know this a popular opinion here, but it's the first time I've asserted so.

The challenge on the interception in the endzone was the right call and the refs got it wrong.

Even you have turned - :sick: