UB v. Ball State

Fewell733

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game! Can't buy the heart these guys showed! Ball St. was #12; I don't follow college ball, but I wonder what rank the Bulls are now...

Amazing since they were the second worst team in Division 1 (something like #255) before he came.

I mean this is a fantastic night...its not like they are beating just a decent MAC team...this is the #12 team in the country. Anyone they play in a Bowl game wont be this good. For me this erases a lot of bad karma lately. Buffalo should be so proud tonight. A MAC championship in football is better than a Bowl win for me.

I thought for a while Ball St. was a little overrated but they are still a very good team. That being said, it's not a given for "good" MAC teams to beat mediocre teams from some of the bigger conferences. When I was at Miami in 2003, we dropped our opener at Iowa (ranked high at the time I think) then steamrolled everyone the rest of the season. We had some trouble early on in the bowl game vs. Louisville before coming on strong and eventually winning convincingly. That was the year before L'ville really came on if I remember correctly.

I think a bowl win for UB would be bigger in affirming their stauts as a good team nationally speaking. The MAC has some good teams and is very competitive but they need to start performing a little better against other conferences in bowl games.

I watched that whole game and that was the best football game I've seen in a long time, yeah that kinda goes with the territory of being a Bills fan. It is easy to root for that team, they have alot of good kids and their two big stars(Roosevelt and Starks are local boys) and how can you not like a coach such as Turner Gill. I would rather have him than Jauron coaching the Bills thats for sure. I really needed to see a game like that, where the players take pride in what they are doing and not just worrying about where they can blow their paycheck.

This team was amazing to watch all season. Even when they hit that rough patch midway it was still easy to see they had top flight leadership and it paid off.

I'm an '05 grad of UB and witnessed more wins this season than in my entire college career there. Incredibly enjoyable. Very talented. Great coaching. Sweet.

Awesome game! Can't buy the heart these guys showed! Ball St. was #12; I don't follow college ball, but I wonder what rank the Bulls are now...

Had UB won last week against Kent State, they very may well have been ranked after this week.

That said, I didn't see last week's game but my guess is that they were prepping to play Ball State using Kent State as their testing grounds because Turner Gill's team played them perfectly.

What an awesome game! When I went to UB, I think that the football team was one step above intramural. How far they have come! Man, it would be awesome to see a bowl win!

Same here. I think it was called "Club Football".

What an awesome game! When I went to UB, I think that the football team was one step above intramural. How far they have come! Man, it would be awesome to see a bowl win!

A few short years ago, that was so true. I was at Miami and clearly remember a 59-3 beating in Oxford where our punt returner almost took back 3 in the first half! Might have even been one quarter. He actually would have if he didn't try and showboat by running right at the punter to try and juke him to make him look stupid (UB punter got a good hit on him and may have forced a fumble if I remember correctly).

For a guy to come in and turn the program from complete joke to MAC champion in 3 years is simply amazing. Count me as one who didn't think it was possible. Imagine if the Bills had a coach like Gill who could actually get the most out of the talent he had available.

Nice game. They played better than Ball State, for most of the game.

Willy is a nice player, but I don't see him as an NFL QB. But, who knows? I don't see Davis as one, either, for what it's worth.

I think Willy will play in the NFL for many years. He will come in under the radar and be a backup QB for a few and somplace along the line he will get a shot to be a starter. Maybe he will get it done in that role maybe not but I see him having a long prosperous NFL career. Most lilkely a Frank Reich type but who knows?

I don't see Davis doing as well as Willy.

How cool was it to watch a big game as a Buffalo fan and actually see a win?

Great game, made my whole weekend. Especially liked Spielman's comment that "The Bills won't be the only team from Buffalo playing in Toronto."

It's bittersweet because Gill is as good as gone, but it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Go Turner, Go Bulls!

How cool was it to watch a big game as a Buffalo fan and actually see a win?

Great game, made my whole weekend. Especially liked Spielman's comment that "The Bills won't be the only team from Buffalo playing in Toronto."

It's bittersweet because Gill is as good as gone, but it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Go Turner, Go Bulls!

Do you think they can squeeze one more year out of Turner?

Taking account that fumble in the endzone last week, UB was literally three plays away from being 11-2 right now. They could have beat WMU. They should have beat CMU and KSU.

Works both ways. They could have, and should have, lost to Temple and Bowling Green. UB also won 2 other OT games.

Regardless, fantastic job by the players and coaches

Very proud alum here. Seeing Gill fight back tears at the end showed me just how much he cares about these kids and the program. Wherever he goes, I'll always be a fan. Honestly, the bowl is secondary at this point. Beating an undefeated and nationally ranked opponent as a 15-point dog to win a championship is as good as it gets.

Let's go, BUFFALO!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.