McGee

Is the name Ginn allowed to be said around McGee? Will he be giving the 10-15 yard cushion? Time to man-up Terrance ,and stick that little dude. I don`t think I can take another Ginn highlight film on scared to death McGee. :P

McGee was still partially hobbled by his injury when we faced Miami the first time. If there's one guy we should not be criticizing, it's McGee. He's arguably been our best overall player this year.

Ter. Ence. Mc. Gee. was. hurt. the. first. time. the. bills. played. the. dol. phins. he. should. not. have. been. out. there. co. ver. ing. ginn.

I take it that Buffaloed doesn't deal in the "minutia" of the game. Stuff like "who is healthy" doesn't mean anything to him.

I think McGee is going to tear it up this game. With the game that a player like Ginn had against him last time, he should be ready to prove himself against him this week.

Ginn's play this year has greatly improved, but last time we played them, his stats were obviously skewed.

Ter. Ence. Mc. Gee. was. hurt. the. first. time. the. bills. played. the. dol. phins. he. should. not. have. been. out. there. co. ver. ing. ginn.

I. think. you. are. using. the. term. co. ver. ing. very. lib. er. ally.

McGee was still partially hobbled by his injury when we faced Miami the first time. If there's one guy we should not be criticizing, it's McGee. He's arguably been our best overall player this year.

Best overall player? He's not even the best corner. I think the Bills should sign Greer and try to trade McGee this offseason before his contract comes up after next year. But I bet what they're going to do is let them both walk. In two years, our starters will be McKelvin and Youboty, which may not be such a bad thing.

McGee's a good player, but I think people do overrate him a bit on this board. The Bills could get something of good value for him.

Best overall player? He's not even the best corner. I think the Bills should sign Greer and try to trade McGee this offseason before his contract comes up after next year. But I bet what they're going to do is let them both walk. In two years, our starters will be McKelvin and Youboty, which may not be such a bad thing.

McGee's a good player, but I think people do overrate him a bit on this board. The Bills could get something of good value for him.

Yes, he is.

As Sage noted, McGee was injured, He shouldn't have been on the field, as he could barely run. A healthy McGee on Ginn doesn't worry me, at all.

Brian, the Bills were built for this exact game. Dumbo Jauron can utilize the speedy little defensive backs he built this team upon to stay with speedy little Ginn. Pennington has no arm, so if the Bills can generate even a little pressure, there should be picks galore. I do however see 2 problems:

1) In terms of pass rush, the cupboards are bare.

2) We must hope that Dumbo Jauron doesn't once again have the corners 20 yards or so in back of scrimage.

Still, even Dumbo should figure out a way to overcome this. I have an idea......blitz and keep the corners on man coverage. Are ya listening Dumbo?

So he gets primarily assigned to the #1 wide receivers because we feel like boosting his self esteem?

Brian, the Bills were built for this exact game. Dumbo Jauron can utilize the speedy little defensive backs he built this team upon to stay with speedy little Ginn. Pennington has no arm, so if the Bills can generate even a little pressure, there should be picks galore. I do however see 2 problems:

2) We must hope that Dumbo Jauron doesn't once again have the corners 20 yards or so in back of scrimage.

Still, even Dumbo should figure out a way to overcome this. I have an idea......blitz and keep the corners on man coverage. Are ya listening Dumbo?

What a novel concept!!

What does that have to do with the original post, Bill?

Yes, the pass rush needs to be better. Yes, the corners played FAR too passively in that game (I know it was partly due to the injuries, but still...).

But, the poster was suggesting that McGee should fear Ginn, based on what happened the last game. I dismiss that as an observation of someone who isn't paying attention to the circumstances.

Seriously, it isn't that close. McGee is the best CB on the team. Greer is quite good, and very eager. Check their responsibilities and you will see that McGee is asked to do more, most of the time, than is Greer.

Unless it comes from the inside, I don't know that Pennington's jersey is scuffed by the turf on Sunday. Our DEs got nothing against him in the first meeting, when THE way to beat Chadwick Pennington is to rattle him and knock him down, even if you have to take a penalty.

DJ likes to have tea and strumpets with the opponents' coach after games, tho. Truth be told, we have been a team of pussies since Wade and Gash left.

Even if we had DEs who didn't run 10 yards straight past the QB before backtracking and circling in on most every play, they'd probably be instructed to treat him as if he's wearing the red/yellow 'off-limits' practice jersey.