Can someone please explain...

Alphadawg7

Arguing for JP is almost as inane as arguing for Todd Collins. Both do not have a future with Buffalo. Arguing that Trent Edwards sucks is arguing that the Bills suck and will suck for the foreseeable future because the next franchise QB ain't going to be found or at least be ready for another three years.

Perhaps you all are in the right, but you will simply be right about a bleak future... whoop de doo.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing for JP is almost as inane as arguing for Todd Collins. Both do not have a future with Buffalo. Arguing that Trent Edwards sucks is arguing that the Bills suck and will suck for the foreseeable future because the next franchise QB ain't going to be found or at least be ready for another three years.

Perhaps you all are in the right, but you will simply be right about a bleak future... whoop de doo.

It doesn't HAVE to be that way. Look at Miami & Atlanta, Miami went with a Vet, Atlanta with a Rookie, both QB's are playing well, & both teams are WINNING. DON'T TELL ME IT CAN"T BE DONE.

Losman always looks like he knows what hes doing. Losman is the guy for the job. I especially like how he dances in the pocket like a squirrel. Like a squirrel being indecisive about which direction to go right before a truck runs him over. The other thing I like about Losman is he is a giant among men. He really takes command of the field. I always feel confident when he's under center knowing good things are going to happen. His sheer genius at reading and picking apart defenses is second to none. Losman is also a great leader. He's like Patton on the eve of D-Day. It's easy to tell, the players just respond to the guy on the field. It's amazing how easy JP makes the game look. :thumbsup:

Why do people love TE and hate JP...well lets look at a few things

A. Since Jim Kelly retired the Bills have yet to find a long term replacement, close to the excitement and ability. The team has gone through several quarterbacks with no success.

B. The Bills traded back into the first round with Dallas to select JP. Giving up a 2 and 5 from 2004 and a 1 in 2005 (Demarcus Ware)

C. There were mixed opions from BB brass on Losman which filtered its way to "Bills Fans".

D. The team did not instill any confidence in JP telling him before his first career start that "if he made mistakes" they were pulling him. And promptly did so in the second game f the season. Oh by the way they were playing the #1 Defense in the league, for their home opener in 95 degree heat. I remember because I was at that game.

E. Losman became MM excuse / scapegoat.

F. Like said by other posters TE is no JP

G. TE got an endorcement from Bill Walsh before he died.

H. Like said by other posters TE is no JP

I. TE is supposed to be the proto-typical west coast qb

J. Like said by other posters TE is no JP

K. Trent was not taken in the first round and Bills fans are hoping he becomes a Brady or Montana.

L. Like said by other posters TE is no JP

Personally, I am not a TE fan. I believe TE is one of those qb's who will play until he is 40 being a spot starter like a Gus Ferotte or someone like that. I like JP and only wish he had the support of the organization during his forst couple years like TE. For JP, his time in Buffalo is done. The majority of the fans critize every play even the good ones, and the organization wants to prove they were right with TE. I wish him well.

Buffalo has to find a young QB who is a proven winner. He doesnt have to be a cover boy but someone who has had a solid college career of winning. They also need to get a vetran like a Jeff Garcia (FA in 2009) to steady the ship and let the young qb develop.

JustMyOpinion

Losman always looks like he knows what hes doing. Losman is the guy for the job. I especially like how he dances in the pocket like a squirrel. Like a squirrel being indecisive about which direction to go right before a truck runs him over. The other thing I like about Losman is he is a giant among men. He really takes command of the field. I always feel confident when he's under center knowing good things are going to happen. His sheer genius at reading and picking apart defenses is second to none. Losman is also a great leader. He's like Patton on the eve of D-Day. It's easy to tell, the players just respond to the guy on the field. It's amazing how easy JP makes the game look. :w00t:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

:worthy:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

:worthy:

It is pretty comical that in a thread critical of Trent Edwards, people assume they can trot out JP Losman, take yet another dump on him, and think their clever ruse will cause everyone to just forget that Edwards has been the QB playing like crap.

Yawn. JP sucks. He's also 75% out of the door. Yippee, hooray! Another bust for the Bills!

I think the Chimp may have more brians!!

That's right, Ed, I'm crazy for even suggesting Trent faked that groin injury. You know, the one that he couldn't remember exactly when he suffered it, and the one that apparently wasn't bad enough for him to hit the training room and instead don a beanie and watch the game, PACING the sidelines....

:w00t: Yeah, I'm the one who's out of touch.

And your wife never fakes those headaches, either. :worthy:

Clearly Our QB's have been mishandled. Out of the bunch ...... (Rob Johnson, JP, and Trent) Trent has looked the sharpest. IMHO. JP has the deep ball, but Zero pocket presence. This topic isn't really about JP anyway. I think if we had a Parcells, this present team would kick ass.

You forgot Flutie. No one was jerked around worse than Flutie. Yet, whenever he did get in the game he produced. He wasn't ruined by being jerked in and out of the lineup. And of the 4, Flutie looked the sharpest by far.

We'll find out if it is a love affair, or just a fling, when the draft comes.

–noun 13. an act of flinging.

14. a short period of unrestrained pursuit of one's wishes or desires: The week of partying was my last fling before starting a new job.

This is the truth especially since the Bills will pick low middle first round

You forgot Flutie. No one was jerked around worse than Flutie. Yet, whenever he did get in the game he produced. He wasn't ruined by being jerked in and out of the lineup. And of the 4, Flutie looked the sharpest by far.

Touche' However, Flutie hads scads of experience, no? Trent is still teething compared to Flutie.

A few reasons why I like Trent:

Jim Kelly likes the guy and Jim never liked JP

He came with that letter of endorsement from Bill Walsh

He has a chemistry about him that draws people to him and root for him

He seems to have a level head on his shoulders

He knows what to say and how to say it

HE IS IN HIS SOPHMORE SEASON

He has so much upside that we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg

It takes time people.

Upside, chemistry, level head, give good press conferences, people like him, etc.

All of that is meaningless, useless and worthless. What matters is completing passes, getting first downs, scoring TDs and winning football games. Lately, he isn't doing any of those things so I could care less about how he draws people to him or that Kelly wants to take him hunting. I get why people like him, we all like him but big whoop. This isn't a popularity contest, performance matters and he flat out is not performing. He needs to get his act together or at some point, this offseason, half way through next season, whenever, he is going to be out of a job despite all the chemistry and wonderful touchy-feelyness he inspires.

1) Bill Walsh Endorsed him.

2) Quick Release.

3) Rookie season put up similar numbers to a 4 year veteran.

I personally believe that all of Trent's problems recently are related to Coaching and not the player.

Not sticking up for JP but wasn't that JP's problem when he started tailing off after a pretty hot start once he got under center as the official starter?

Not too sure that it is a love affair with Edwards, but more likely just a bunch of die hard fans that have gone too long without quality football and can't help but to grab onto any glimmer of hope of success. The same affair was had with JP, Bledsoe, Flutie, Mularkey, and the list goes on and on. We just want a winner and sometimes our hope overrides common sense.

Losman always looks like he knows what hes doing. Losman is the guy for the job. I especially like how he dances in the pocket like a squirrel. Like a squirrel being indecisive about which direction to go right before a truck runs him over. The other thing I like about Losman is he is a giant among men. He really takes command of the field. I always feel confident when he's under center knowing good things are going to happen. His sheer genius at reading and picking apart defenses is second to none. Losman is also a great leader. He's like Patton on the eve of D-Day. It's easy to tell, the players just respond to the guy on the field. It's amazing how easy JP makes the game look. :w00t:

Spoken like a true JP fanboy! :worthy:

Sure JP might be good at all those things, but Trent is already showing signs that he's even better at them. Trent can drill the ball into the ground 5 yards in front of a wide open receiver better than JP can, and oh boy, he can sure dance around like an ignorant squirrel before hopelessly unloading the ball out of bounds or right into the waiting, outstretched arms of an opposing D-back!

And just think - Trent's only in his SOPHOMORE season!!!

Spoken like a true JP fanboy! :worthy:

Sure JP might be good at all those things, but Trent is already showing signs that he's even better at them. Trent can drill the ball into the ground 5 yards in front of a wide open receiver better than JP can, and oh boy, he can sure dance around like an ignorant squirrel before hopelessly unloading the ball out of bounds or right into the waiting, outstretched arms of an opposing D-back!

Have you been hanging out with Crayonz?

Although parts of your assessment are indeed correct, I do not totally agree with ya here, Trent's issues can all be explained with three words, youth,youth,and youth. I can tell you, from my perspective, I think that he is ging to be a good one. What I noticed about Trent, is the very first time that he took the field, our offense moved, and there was continuity,drives being extended, keeping the defense off of the field, and his accuracy cannot be disputed. His confidence

has been shaken some, due to his recent struggles,which he has to shoulder some of the blame for, the balance falls on

bad coaching and poor play calling. You can throw Ben Rothlisberger out to me, but he is definitley the exception, and not the rule.Give him time, this kid is definitley going to be a good one, and isn't half bad right now. He is a bit injury prone,

but his position is a position that is vulnerable to injury, after all he touches the ball on every play.

First of all, did know that the Two Bills Drive cookie is browser specific?..Had to go to Mozilla to get this reply in....

JP problems are fixable as well, he needs a system that puts a square peg in a square hole....that is uses his wheels...that means he needs a roll out offense...and a verticle game/mentality...he has the great long arm...and Buffalo does not use it enough...perhaps because of lack of a second/third burner like Evans. I expect JP to end up as a starting QB in this league and play another 10 years. He has been somewhat ruined here by bad coaching....he is learning all the time...from the time that Troy Vincent roughed him up in season 1. Yep, he was really green.....but he isn't anymore. If I was a GM needing QB help, JP would be on the top of my free agent list this winter. And Trent...well....a below average but "acceptable" arm brings him closer to Chad Pennington than JP in that regard. Finally, all this talk about Kelly's indorsement. Jim's picks like that...well, I remember he did not have the mentality to move to #2 and be the backup....Jim has other issues...maybe JP did not want to be mentored by Jim....anyhow, personnal chemistry is a funny thing...and it just isn't there for that pair.

That's right, Ed, I'm crazy for even suggesting Trent faked that groin injury. You know, the one that he couldn't remember exactly when he suffered it, and the one that apparently wasn't bad enough for him to hit the training room and instead don a beanie and watch the game, PACING the sidelines....

:w00t: Yeah, I'm the one who's out of touch.

And your wife never fakes those headaches, either. :worthy:

What is this, the patriots? I don't think our team "fakes" injuries. Trent isn't starting due to injury. If this were the Pats*, they might be lying. but i don't think our team is going to lie over something stupid....

Spoken like a true JP fanboy! :unsure:

I guess the sarcasm is lost on some.