Mort

BeastMode54

Any team that changes systems every 3 years, QB's every year after they don't perform like a probowler will never win.

But everyone continue to let your pettiness for Mort get in the way of the reality that he's right, even if he can't convey it in a mature manner.

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Anybody ever think just once that we as Bills fans with our lack of patience & behavior to run everybody out of town the moment they are at a crossrodes or the moment they do not pay immediate dividends to the team are getting exactly what we deserve?

Mort is just telling the truth. Although he could of been a little more tactfull about it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think this team would be in better shape today, had Tom Donohoe not been fired, and I don't even think he didin't deserve it...I think Mort is right...not saying Jauron deserves to keep his job, but the dysfunctional set up at One Bills Drive makes the pool of coaching and front office candidates pretty small for the Bills. There is a better than average chance, I would say, that the next person/people in charge, won't fair much better, unless Mr Wilson changes the way he operates this team...that doesn't appear likely to happen...but we can hope!

The problem with yet another revisionist history is that when Wilson hired Donahoe, he gave him more power than he had given to any other executive in team history. Result? Greggo/Mularkey, total alienation of the fans, OBD staff and local media. Players lost generally performing better than players kept.

Oh, and a 31-49 record - not in 2-3 years, but over 5 years with deteriorating performance.

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Anybody ever think just once that we as Bills fans with our lack of patience & behavior to run everybody out of town the moment they are at a crossrodes or the moment they do not pay immediate dividends to the team are getting exactly what we deserve?

Mort is just telling the truth. Although he could of been a little more tactfull about it.

It's not even just the Bills, it's the new mentality for most teams. Look at Drew Brees in San Diego. He came in with high expectations, played like a rookie and they drafted another QB. Low and behold, his 3rd year of playing time he turned into a stud.

It takes time for most players to develop. It's rare that a QB comes to the NFL and doesn't struggle for the first couple years. But keep throwing them in the trash and starting over looking for the miracle QB....brilliant.

It's all of the above. It's a perfect storm of (a) a meddling, cheap, out of touch, impatient owner, (b) a series of inept talent evaluators (in part because of (a)), © a series of inept coaches (see (a) and (b)), (d) horrible luck, (e) no stability at the QB position (see (b) and ©), and (f) an angry, marginalized, impatient and somewhat stupid (there I said it) fan base who believes that an NFL franchise is some sort of public entitlement, i.e., it's just like the power company where you can call and complain when you feel that you're not getting the service that you've paid for and deserve, as if the Bills have no choice but to stay in Buffalo and do whatever the fans want.

In sum: this organization sucks.

Mort sucks too.

And so does my dad, for chaining this 60-pound bag of sand called Being a Bills Fan to my leg the day I was born, which I have to carry around with me my entire life, for reasons I know not.

Yeah I'll be watching next week. So will you.

Any team that changes systems every 3 years, QB's every year after they don't perform like a probowler will never win.

But everyone continue to let your pettiness for Mort get in the way of the reality that he's right, even if he can't convey it in a mature manner.

You're right with your logic, but that's not the point of what the topic was started about. 99% of the people around here can plainly see that TERRIBLE coaching and gameplanning is most responsible for the failures throughout this season. If you gave our roster to a competent head coach, I believe we are at minimum 8-4 right now. Jauron and the rest of the coaching staff that is calling mind boggling offensive plays more times than not, and developing a ridiculous defensive scheme just as often, are to blame. This team has talent, they just have incredibley insufficient coaches putting that talent together. To most intelligent Bills fans, this is clear. Of course it's not healthy to change coaches and "systems" every three years, but in this case it is painfully obvious that this is exactly what needs to be done.

There. I fixed it for ya.

That is obvious...but sad as it is, I do think we would be in better shape right now had TD stayed...the void in the front office for the last few years is killing us. I love Marv, but not a lot has really panned out from his "era". As bad as things may have been when TD was here (not really any worse than what we have now, huh?), I appreiciate that he was far more pro-active than what we are seeing. This franchise seems to be having its dying breaths sucked out of it right now.

Another cheap shot. Do you suppose this will only end if we re-hire TD? That or when Mort croaks.

What, does the truth hurt? aww, would you like me to crack out the violins for the poor, poor Buffalo fans......... <_<

You're right with your logic, but that's not the point of what the topic was started about. 99% of the people around here can plainly see that TERRIBLE coaching and gameplanning is most responsible for the failures throughout this season. If you gave our roster to a competent head coach, I believe we are at minimum 8-4 right now. Jauron and the rest of the coaching staff that is calling mind boggling offensive plays more times than not, and developing a ridiculous defensive scheme just as often, are to blame. This team has talent, they just have incredibley insufficient coaches putting that talent together. To most intelligent Bills fans, this is clear. Of course it's not healthy to change coaches and "systems" every three years, but in this case it is painfully obvious that this is exactly what needs to be done.

You get the coveted "post of the thread" award. This is Jauron's 2nd go-around as a HC. He still is a poor game manager. Despite the way Trent played in the 5 losses, there were things that could have been done to get a win. The Bills have no excuse to not be 8-4 at least, and SHOULD be 9-5, if not 10-4.

Personally I've seen enough of Jauron to have real concerns that the Bills will never see the playoffs under him, and were they to get into the playoffs somehow, wouldn't get past the 1st round. Maybe the next coach will be bad too, but that's no reason to stick with Jauron.

Maybe the next coach will be bad too, but that's no reason to stick with Jauron.

Yeah I don't get it. I keep seeing some form of this argument - sure Jauron's not a very good coach, but will the team really get better if they replace him? And maybe the light will go on for him and we'll have the next Jeff Fisher/Bill Belichick on our hands!

He's been a coach for 8 years in this league. We've seen the decisions he makes. He is thoroughly outclassed by the coaching in the division, let alone for the entire conference or league. There's no reason to stick with a perpetual 7-9 coach just because you fear that switching may lead to worse results. It makes sense to stay the course if you think that it's a good course, but I don't know why anyone would think that at this point.

You get the coveted "post of the thread" award. This is Jauron's 2nd go-around as a HC. He still is a poor game manager. Despite the way Trent played in the 5 losses, there were things that could have been done to get a win. The Bills have no excuse to not be 8-4 at least, and SHOULD be 9-5, if not 10-4.

Personally I've seen enough of Jauron to have real concerns that the Bills will never see the playoffs under him, and were they to get into the playoffs somehow, wouldn't get past the 1st round. Maybe the next coach will be bad too, but that's no reason to stick with Jauron.

We have garbage at center and defensive end and a guy who can't get out of his stance at right tackle. We have very little talent other than Evans on the outside. How could this team possibly be 8-4 right now. You can't game plan around lack of talent- not if the other teams have coaches worth anything.

Fix the &%&& line already, its been over a decade

We have garbage at center and defensive end and a guy who can't get out of his stance at right tackle. We have very little talent other than Evans on the outside. How could this team possibly be 8-4 right now. You can't game plan around lack of talent- not if the other teams have coaches worth anything.

Fix the &%&& line already, its been over a decade

We should have won the CLE and SF games...we wouldn't be a good 8-4, but we would be 8-4 no less.

Mort is correct that this franchise is far too turbulent for success. If you ignore Marv Levy, the average Bills head coach lasts 2.3 seasons. That flat out sucks, folks.

Where Mort didn't connect the dots though is that some of these coaches and front office people were not good. So, really there are two problems. Hiring the wrong people for the wrong jobs and firing/losing the people that might actually be competent. Hank Bullough being an example of the former. Bill Polian being a prime example of the latter.

It's all of the above. It's a perfect storm of (a) a meddling, cheap, out of touch, impatient owner, (b) a series of inept talent evaluators (in part because of (a)), © a series of inept coaches (see (a) and (b)), (d) horrible luck, (e) no stability at the QB position (see (b) and ©), and (f) an angry, marginalized, impatient and somewhat stupid (there I said it) fan base who believes that an NFL franchise is some sort of public entitlement, i.e., it's just like the power company where you can call and complain when you feel that you're not getting the service that you've paid for and deserve, as if the Bills have no choice but to stay in Buffalo and do whatever the fans want.

In sum: this organization sucks.

Mort sucks too.

And so does my dad, for chaining this 60-pound bag of sand called Being a Bills Fan to my leg the day I was born, which I have to carry around with me my entire life, for reasons I know not.

Yeah I'll be watching next week. So will you.

<_<

Great f$kcing post. Thank you.

We should have won the CLE and SF games...we wouldn't be a good 8-4, but we would be 8-4 no less.

We easily could have lost the games against Oakland, Jacksonville and San Diego- as they are much better at the line of scrimmage. We are terrible at the point of attack and no coach is going to change that.