Would you pay $20.00 extra per ticket for Cowher to be our coach?

RShirley

I have been reading many posts on this board that speculate it would take close to 10 million a year to get him to even consider coaching. We all know that Ralph is not going to put up this kind of money for a coach. How about the fans of Buffalo take a different approach and tell Ralph that our gift to him for our gratitude for keeping the Bills in Buffalo all of these years, that we would like to send him out a winner, by buying him a coach. This is our way to give back to him for all he has done for us, and even if the greatest majority of us are not sincere about this gesture, at least we have a coach that we the fans have chosen. Maybe we could even have some kind of fan vote on which coach we want to coach as our gift to Ralph.

Just ballparking the numbers......... 70,000 fans x 8 games x $20.00 gets us well over the 10 million figure. The question becomes how many people would be on board paying an extra $160.00 per season to see a winning product (not that their are any guarantees by hiring Cowher), but I like our chances with a proven winner. I think this would be a small price to pay. Obviously, I know this is not how business works........but as long as we all are throwing hypotheticals out there, I figured I would ask if anyone else would be willing?

If Ralph raised ticket prices by $20/ticket we would still be in the bottom 5 or 6 teams for lowest ticket prices and the games would still sell out. That being said, he might actually to the salary cap and hire a real coach and put a real team on the field. Come on Ralph, I am so sick and tired of you crying poor. Do something! Invest the money in the team, you can't take it with you on your dirt nap. Don't be like Ted Rogers and not see your dream come true, actually TRY to win for once!

Cowher aside, I think the only logical way of keeping the bills in Buffalo is to raise the prices, even a little. I've posted about this before. They say the Bills make 4-6 mil a game for our regular season games, well below the average of about 8-10 mil in most other cities.

If the Bills raised ticket prices about 10-12, even 15 bucks, we'd be in the middle of the pack when it comes to ticket prices. And the Bills would obviously have increased revenue.

Obviously who wants to throw more money at a team that hasnt done anything since Flutie. And I know this is a tough economic time, but we're really talking about 70 to 100 to a 120 bucks here. If you have seasons, that means not buying an extra jersey this year, or maybe one less beer a game. Somewhere, anywhere, you can probably find a way to take that money out of your budget and give it to the bills, even if you're tough on cash.

And hey, we might be able to buy a coach. And some players. And maybe some respectability.

One thing that I don't understand about hiring a coach at a rediculous salary is the fact that he's gonna be dead pretty soon. And after he's dead, or if he DOES decide to sell the team before, he or his children are going to make a RIDICULOUS amount of money. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, even after taxes. What's ten mil?

And if he signs Cowher to a long term deal, after he's dead, some other owner will have to pick up that salary.

It is totally a win win for Ralphie.

I have been reading many posts on this board that speculate it would take close to 10 million a year to get him to even consider coaching. We all know that Ralph is not going to put up this kind of money for a coach. How about the fans of Buffalo take a different approach and tell Ralph that our gift to him for our gratitude for keeping the Bills in Buffalo all of these years, that we would like to send him out a winner, by buying him a coach. This is our way to give back to him for all he has done for us, and even if the greatest majority of us are not sincere about this gesture, at least we have a coach that we the fans have chosen. Maybe we could even have some kind of fan vote on which coach we want to coach as our gift to Ralph.

Just ballparking the numbers......... 70,000 fans x 8 games x $20.00 gets us well over the 10 million figure. The question becomes how many people would be on board paying an extra $160.00 per season to see a winning product (not that their are any guarantees by hiring Cowher), but I like our chances with a proven winner. I think this would be a small price to pay. Obviously, I know this is not how business works........but as long as we all are throwing hypotheticals out there, I figured I would ask if anyone else would be willing?

I think there should have always been a $20 fee tacked on tickets to pay back people who get assessed for a football stadium who don't give a rat's patoot about the NFL in the first place.

Shouldn't football fans pay their "fair share" for their personal yucks, as certain politicians say about income taxes? <_<

How about being the first team with flexible ticket prices? Charge more for tickets and then refund season ticket holders $20 for each ticket in a losing cause. Have the refund paid by coaches and player salaries in the form of bonuses for wins and losses.

I have said time and again that this city will pay more for a winning team. It just makes sense, and the Sabres just proved it by selling out anything with the name Sabres in it when they went to their back to back ECF. This nonsense about not charging more money and how noone can pay anymore is just that---nonsense. People will FIND the money if the team is winning. If Ralph was talking about noone wanting to pay more to watch the team play like it has the past 7 weeks, he is definitely right. Bottom line is the more success you have, the more you can charge.

Didn't Ralphy just get a fresh check for 78million?