Why I Gave Up on the Bills for 2008

Unless Trent is really injured I'll give a mulligan. You can't pull a guy who had over 270 yards and was part of 4 TDs last week, to a QB who has shown nothing for his career and is leaving at the end of the year. You gain nothing by that decision, and you lose precious time developing your QB to see if he's worth his weight.

Instead they do what I'm sick of seeing, which is pulling the QB. I wasn't in favor of pulling Losman (although those 2 games with under 80 yards was hard to watch), and I'm certainly not willing to pull the plug on a guy who has shown more than JP ever has and ever will in his 2nd season. I don't know if he's the guy, but he's helped us with 2nd half comebacks 3 times this year when our running game sucked.

I can't watch the Bills destroy another QB in the hopes that a leaving QB can change their future, which is the most ridiculous thing possible unless JP showed Superbowl level pedigree. They know full well that JP wasn't going to turn it around, and even if he did what's the hopes he turns around the season and we make the playoffs and get killed by stronger teams.

Edwards, except for the Cards game where he got hurt and last game where they pulled him, would have averaged 224 yards, has averaged more yards per game than 68% of all starting QBs. That's brings him in the top 10 QBs if he throws for 1.6 yards more a game. He's #11 YPG in games he played through.

I don't know, but having a QB that is near top 10 in yards a game, tied for 11th with QB rating, and is a hard worker is not a great guy to throw under the bus for a 2nd year starter.

Sorry, I can't watch the Bills anymore this year. They lost me, I didn't lose them. I watched every game in the past 9 years and I can't do it anymore this year (couldn't watch games for 2 years overseas, but watched the Bills for over 17 years). This game, more than any other, pissed me off. The 3-13 years we fought and scrapped. The D played intense upfront last game, but there was no fire with this coach, Schonert forgot what he did last week with his play-calling, and Jauron seals it for me with his pussified coaching.

The only redemption I have is if Losman starts next game and Edwards is really hurt. You don't get over groin injuries in a week. If not I'm done until Jauron is out of town. I'm not saying Edwards is the man, but this is not how you run a team at all, and I'd rather suffer with Edwards in his 2nd year, than watch the coaches destroy the team for cheap wins with a guy who will not be back next year and had no chance of us winning the SB. With the economy the way it is I'd rather be working.

I will give Jauron the benefit of a doubt that Edwards was hurt. If he wasn't, pulling him was really stupid. If you let him play four miserable games without even the scent of a QB controversy as your playoff asperations dwindle with each turnover, why pull him after a sub par (but not monumentally bad) first half, of a game you were still very much in, for a guy you have already given up on? I am down on Jauron, but I have to give him the benefit of a doubt on this one....

The only redemption I have is if Losman starts next game and Edwards is really hurt. You don't get over groin injuries in a week. If not I'm done until Jauron is out of town. I'm not saying Edwards is the man, but this is not how you run a team at all, and I'd rather suffer with Edwards in his 2nd year, than watch the coaches destroy the team for cheap wins with a guy who will not be back next year and had no chance of us winning the SB. With the economy the way it is I'd rather be working.

By your logic, you've been extremely contradictory.

Mularky ruined Losman by doing the very thing you're mad at. In fact, it's the very reason Trent Edwards himself is playing. Trent beat up on Kansas City. Big deal. He is scared, wont look at open recievers downfield, and if he sits a half thats fine. The coaches didn't do to him what happened before to Losman where they just gave Holcomb the starting job for no reason, Edwards sat a half with a "groin injury", and it's an attempt to light a fire under his a$$ for next week.

If he bombs again next week, while you're done with Jauron, I'm likewise done with Edwards (and obviously Losman) and will be rallyign for a QB qith some god damned heart for a change!

Mularky ruined Losman by doing the very thing you're mad at. In fact, it's the very reason Trent Edwards himself is playing. Trent beat up on Kansas City. Big deal. He is scared, wont look at open recievers downfield, and if he sits a half thats fine. The coaches didn't do to him what happened before to Losman where they just gave Holcomb the starting job for no reason, Edwards sat a half with a "groin injury", and it's an attempt to light a fire under his a$$ for next week.

If he bombs again next week, while you're done with Jauron, I'm likewise done with Edwards (and obviously Losman) and will be rallyign for a QB qith some god damned heart for a change!

Gave Holcomb the job for no good reason? Half the players on offense, including the undisputed leader Eric Moulds were ready to mutiny if the coaches didn't sit JP. The vets were pissed on that team. That's a pretty good (and time honored) reason to make a change.

GO BILLS!!!

Gave Holcomb the job for no good reason? Half the players on offense, including the undisputed leader Eric Moulds were ready to mutiny if the coaches didn't sit JP. The vets were pissed on that team. That's a pretty good (and time honored) reason to make a change.

GO BILLS!!!

HONORED!? Moulds was a whiny veteran who didn't know what he was talking about. Lee Evans wanted Losman.

By the way, how did the Bills do with Holcomb? I forgot? he lead us to the playoffs right? Oh, he just beat Miami, who even JP had no trouble beating? That's right.

GO BILLS!!!, but you're a messed up fan if you think it's honorable to speak out against another player on your team (a young one in their first season starting to boot) in favor of...KELLY HOLCOMB... I don't know what you're talking about .

HONORED!? Moulds was a whiny veteran who didn't know what he was talking about. Lee Evans wanted Losman.

By the way, how did the Bills do with Holcomb? I forgot? he lead us to the playoffs right? Oh, he just beat Miami, who even JP had no trouble beating? That's right.

GO BILLS!!!, but you're a messed up fan if you think it's honorable to speak out against another player on your team (a young one in their first season starting to boot) in favor of...KELLY HOLCOMB... I don't know what you're talking about .

I'm not saying it's honorable. It's bush league on many levels. It's just a time-honored practice in the NFL. Has been for a long time. See the difference? Don't find meanings that aren't there.

The Bills sucked with Holcomb as well as JP. I was never a Holcomb fan. I was hoping JP could keep the job that year. He wasn't ready for it though. And the veterans on the team let the coaches know. It was a fractured locker room to say the least. Evans had NO status at the time.

It's obvious you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. If I'm not clear enough, my apologies. Your post said there was "no good reason" to bench JP and bring in Holcomb. JP's performance aside, my point was that the veterans and established team leaders, whiny or not, made it clear they preferred somebody else.

Surely you're not arguing that JP's performance suggested he remain the starter are you? Perhaps it would have been better for him developmentally to have stuck with him, but that point is moot.

GO BILLS!!!

PS - I just noticed your post suggesting that the whole season was lost when Trent threw the pick 6 against the Jets. If you honestly believe that ANY season is lost on one play, then there is no reason to debate any issue any longer.

PS - I just noticed your post suggesting that the whole season was lost when Trent threw the pick 6 against the Jets. If you honestly believe that ANY season is lost on one play, then there is no reason to debate any issue any longer.

LOL...ok.

JP was benched for no good reason. You failed to prove other wise.

As far as me saying the season was lost on one play...are you a professional selective reader?

I said that it was a "turning point". Do you know what that means? If you don't think turning points occur in ANY season, then there is no need to debate any issue any longer.

PS - Since when is it ok to concede arguing a blatant moot point because of a completely different comment made in a different thread? Get a life. I disagreed with you in saying that JP was relieved for Holcomb with a good reason. I'm not challenging you to a duel, I don't know why people online try and make things so personal.

I guess you should have read what I wrote more carefully. I said, "I wasn't in favor of pulling Losman (although those 2 games with under 80 yards was hard to watch), and I'm certainly not willing to pull the plug on a guy..."

By my logic I'm consistent, although you never read, or didn't understand what I wrote. I'm not done with Edwards, he's shown too much with too little at TE and WR.

Unless Trent is really injured I'll give a mulligan. You can't pull a guy who had over 270 yards and was part of 4 TDs last week, to a QB who has shown nothing for his career and is leaving at the end of the year. You gain nothing by that decision, and you lose precious time developing your QB to see if he's worth his weight.

Instead they do what I'm sick of seeing, which is pulling the QB. I wasn't in favor of pulling Losman (although those 2 games with under 80 yards was hard to watch), and I'm certainly not willing to pull the plug on a guy who has shown more than JP ever has and ever will in his 2nd season. I don't know if he's the guy, but he's helped us with 2nd half comebacks 3 times this year when our running game sucked.

I can't watch the Bills destroy another QB in the hopes that a leaving QB can change their future, which is the most ridiculous thing possible unless JP showed Superbowl level pedigree. They know full well that JP wasn't going to turn it around, and even if he did what's the hopes he turns around the season and we make the playoffs and get killed by stronger teams.

Edwards, except for the Cards game where he got hurt and last game where they pulled him, would have averaged 224 yards, has averaged more yards per game than 68% of all starting QBs. That's brings him in the top 10 QBs if he throws for 1.6 yards more a game. He's #11 YPG in games he played through.

I don't know, but having a QB that is near top 10 in yards a game, tied for 11th with QB rating, and is a hard worker is not a great guy to throw under the bus for a 2nd year starter.

Sorry, I can't watch the Bills anymore this year. They lost me, I didn't lose them. I watched every game in the past 9 years and I can't do it anymore this year (couldn't watch games for 2 years overseas, but watched the Bills for over 17 years). This game, more than any other, pissed me off. The 3-13 years we fought and scrapped. The D played intense upfront last game, but there was no fire with this coach, Schonert forgot what he did last week with his play-calling, and Jauron seals it for me with his pussified coaching.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Did J.P. ever lead a successful 2 minute drill?

um, yeah he has, on more than one occasion.

i remember a td to price with no time left, and possibly a pass to parrish on the sidelines to set up a game winner.

EDIT: actually jp did it in back to back weeks where the bills won both games in the final 2 minutes:

2006 season

vs houston texans- td to price

followed by

jacksonville jags- pass to parrish on sideline to set up lindell game winner

yeah. he led a very successful 2 minute drill against the texans when he threw that strike to peerless price to win the game. many people forget that.

Many people not only forget that, but pretend like those throws don't equate or better Trent's Washington's toss and the comeback in Oakland.

Put simply, K-9, and all the people who are mad at JP for playing in the last game are being hypocritical.

I'm mad at it because if Trent comes back just as bad next week, it may have ruined him. I will hopefully like it because it could light a fire under him.

People who hate it, because they think Losman sucks are funny... because you can't complain about what's happening to Trent if you like what we did with Losman...it's backwards logic.

Many people not only forget that, but pretend like those throws don't equate or better Trent's Washington's toss and the comeback in Oakland.

Put simply, K-9, and all the people who are mad at JP for playing in the last game are being hypocritical.

I'm mad at it because if Trent comes back just as bad next week, it may have ruined him. I will hopefully like it because it could light a fire under him.

People who hate it, because they think Losman sucks are funny... because you can't complain about what's happening to Trent if you like what we did with Losman...it's backwards logic.

If Trent doesnt suck it up he doesnt belong in football. We do not need a panzy QB

My problem with the groin strain theory is you saw Edwards on the sideline.....you dont hang around in the cold weather with a groin strain he should have been in the trainers room getting immediate therapy which means:

- Our medical staff are totally inept.

- They are lying their @sses off and DJ was trying to win a game they had no business losing at home to save his job which did not work.

My problem with the groin strain theory is you saw Edwards on the sideline.....you dont hang around in the cold weather with a groin strain he should have been in the trainers room getting immediate therapy which means:

- Our medical staff are totally inept.

- They are lying their @sses off and DJ was trying to win a game they had no business losing at home to save his job which did not work.

Which is exactly what I'm thinking as well. I saw Edwards standing talking to Hamdam as pissed off as can be. If you have a groin injury and just hurt it you would be in the locker room with ice compresses and then heat therapy on and off for the next couple hours.

Yet... maybe it's true and his angry face was disappointment. Some of his passes went into the ground with no drive from his legs. Maybe the med staff is inept.

Let's see who starts...

Who's mad that JP played last Sunday? Not me. Haven't said a damn thing about his appearance. I was hoping he'd do well. Always have. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost that game. Save your BS for someone who really IS MAD that JP played on Sunday. Perhaps you're confusing me with another poster.

As far as I know you and I were debating the 2005 season when JP was yanked for Holcomb. You said he was yanked for no good reason. I said that he was yanked because the veteran leadership on that team WANTED him yanked. Right or wrong, that's what happened. Obviously that wasn't a good enough reason for you but it was good enough for Mularkey and company. I didn't know, as you said in your response, that I was supposed to PROVE a good reason. How does one do that exactly? It's all a matter of opinion. No proof necessary. I suppose I could offer JP's performance over the course of the games he played that year but that's all water through the damn now isn't it?

As I said in my post, it wasn't the best thing for JP's development as a QB to have been yanked in '05. But it's real easy for a HC to do that when the vets are pissed, the first year starter hasn't done much to shut them up, and everyone sees their playoff hopes slipping away.

GO BILLS!!!