A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Did you ever notice that Bills players often laugh after a penalty is called against them? McKelvin had just given up a TD, and had a s :sick: t eating grin after getting flagged. The reason for this? Nervous laughter? I am going with Dick Jauron. There is nothing to fear from this emotionless eunuch.

2) WRT catching the punt of the 1 or 2 yard line, my guess is that if Roscoe Parrish had half of a brain, he would topple over sideways.

3) I guess that Lindell has oficially "caught the fever."

4) During the week, Ralph shoud offer Jason Peters a long term deal.

5) JP had decent fantasy numbers I suppose. That well describes him.....a fantasy quarterback. This is bad, but it's a huge step up from Jauron, who is a nightmare. He is a horror show; a slap in the face to each and every Bills Fan.

6) Until I caught myself and remembered it is only football, I was sitting there thinking that I actually hated our pass rush for allowing this nobody and a 75 year old receiver look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

7) Kudos to Duke Preston for finding new, innovative ways to help us lose. Ouch, does he suck, and yes...he is better than Fowler. What a freaking mess.

8) A timeout before a San Francisco punt with 1:52 remaining in the half? Really? Jauron should jump off of a f :bag: ing bridge. I take that back....it's only football.

9) Marshawn needs to catch the football before he starts running with it. He is real good, but he has been dropping too many passes this season. Maybe he needs a coach.

10) Why can't our receivers (other than Josh reed) get open? Could someone explain this to me?

11) Here is the question.....are we really any better than we were before the Levy/Jauron Era began? Considering where we drafted and how many first day picks we had, it is sad to have to even ask.

12) After all that.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They may be losers, but they are our losers.

1) Did you ever notice that Bills players often laugh after a penalty is called against them? McKelvin had just given up a TD, and had a s :sick: t eating grin after getting flagged. The reason for this? Nervous laughter? I am going with Dick Jauron. There is nothing to fear from this emotionless eunuch.

2) WRT catching the punt of the 1 or 2 yard line, my guess is that if Roscoe Parrish had half of a brain, he would topple over sideways.

5) JP had decent fantasy numbers I suppose. That well describes him.....a fantasy quarterback. This is bad, but it's a huge step up from Jauron, who is a nightmare. He is a horror show; a slap in the face to each and every Bills Fan.

6) Until I caught myself and remembered it is only football, I was sitting there thinking that I actually hated our pass rush for allowing this nobody and a 75 year old receiver look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

7) Kudos to Duke Preston for finding new, innovative ways to help us lose. Ouch, does he suck, and yes...he is better than Fowler. What a freaking mess.

8) A timeout before a San Francisco punt with 1:52 remaining in the half? Really? Jauron should jump off of a f :bag: ing bridge. I take that back....it's only football.

9) Marshawn needs to catch the football before he starts running with it. He is real good, but he has been dropping too many passes this season. Maybe he needs a coach.

10) Why can't our receivers (other than Josh reed) get open? Could someone explain this to me?

11) Here is the question.....are we really any better than we were before the Levy/Jauron Era began? Considering where we drafted and how many first day picks we had, it is sad to have to even ask.

12) After all that.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They may be losers, but they are our losers.

Kelsay and Denney actually had pretty darn good games, maybe they aren't so useless.

These are the 3 statements I actually agree with.

There was a real breakdown by the coaching staff. On defense we hardly ever blitzed, yet their QB showed to be suseptible to any form of pressure. On offense, early on when we had a first in goal we abandoned our run game which was working, especially on runs between our guard and left tackle. We ran no screens , threw the ball down field only once or twice. The use of timeouts was amateurish to say the least. There didn't appear to be any major adjustments at half. another weakness of the coaching staff. Moorman and Lindell both had brutal games. Losman continually threw the ball high and panicked in the pocket which is one of his major flaws. Edward never showed that he got into any rhythem.

We definitely need a front office overhaul: bring in someone with a winning mentality someone who is tough and positive. One only needs to look at Miami to see that the transformations is beginning in a major way. we deserve better

Perhaps it's because they know the fix is in. I'm 99% convinced that the refs call BS penalties because the NFL hates Ralph.

Looks like both Roscoe and Lindell have caught the fever. Lindell's killing my fantasy team right now.

Why? He'll just play worse once he signs it.

Note to Russ: trade down in April and draft a DE and a C in the first two rounds.

I'd actually lean towards yes, believe it or not. I think the talent is there, but the coaching is not even close.

Same old story. Bills show up and play down to the 49er's and the officials and the NFL. Still manage to make it a game and then after repeated self inflicted gun shot wounds to the feet we serve the victory up to our opponents on a silver platter with a side order of humility! :death::bag::sick:

WRT to the post flag - people react differently and they're grown men. Even guys on Cowher's old teams would laugh and just avoid Cowher's screams (see Porter, Joey) and then all would be well if they won. No big deal. Team-wise, I agree, at this point Jauron has done what he can - the talent is now there...but we don't have the coaches to succeed.

Lame, the whole thing was just lame. Can't tell if its the QB, the WRs not getting open, whatever. Why do we support this organization?? As far as this 30+ yr die hard fan is concerned, they can go to Toronto next week and stay there. Nothing will change until ownership changes. They fill the house and this is the product on the field???

I'd actually lean towards yes, believe it or not. I think the talent is there, but the coaching is not even close.

I agree with you 100%. You try and tell me Jeff Fisher, Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, Mike Tomlin or Tony Dungy wouldn't have this team at 9-3 right now with the schedule we had this year and I will laugh in your face.

I agree with you 100%. You try and tell me Jeff Fisher, Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, Mike Tomlin or Tony Dungy wouldn't have this team at 9-3 right now with the schedule we had this year and I will laugh in your face.

Exactly my point. I'm not begging for a Cowher or any big name right now....just someone that knows how to strategize during the game and can organize a game plan that has a chance of beating the opponent.

Don't forget to add John Fox to that list, btw.

Exactly my point. I'm not begging for a Cowher or any big name right now....just someone that knows how to strategize during the game and can organize a game plan that has a chance of beating the opponent.

Don't forget to add John Fox to that list, btw.

You can name every head coach to that list other than Marinelli and Crennel and it would be better than what we've got.

It will continue until this city wins a pro championship of somekind or you pack up and leave this pit of misfortune. You feel this way bacause you see other cities old and new to their respective sports win championships EX.Carolina, Anahiem, Tampa Bay. Or football's Ravens and Tampa bay Bucs. Being a Buffalonian comes with the baggage of being the barren waste land of New York state. We get nothing from Albany and zero respect from the rest of the nation. The Bills were stepping stones for other teams to win Championships and the Sabres were stepping stones for Carolina and Ottawa, Philly and Dallas. It is also the way we lose, the absolute break down of the way that got us to the "Big Show" . I use the 1999 Sabres for an example we were a shut down team that took the oppostions big guns out of the game. Tight checking and good puck control with 4 lines that could score... Then that all went out the window. We choked, not resembling the team that was in the regular season or in the second season. Combine that with the dark cloud like, wide right, miracle in Memphis, no goal, no goal #2, no goal #3 and the steady stream of self inflicted gun shots to the feet and you start to carry it around like luggage, bitter and pissed looking at other teams saying " if they were in a Buffalo uniform we would still lose" . Losing has become away of life here in Buffalo. While the world lives, we die one year at a time. Soon both franchises will be gone and so will I.

Of course not. It's not his fault, never is. I don't buy the groin injury. He just looked bad.

Nor should anyone.

Saying that Trent had any type of injury is an insult to the fans, the media, and everyone involved with this team. I'd rather DJ call out Edwards and say that this will continue to happen until he gets better. He did this last year, too. Terrible way of handling this situation.

I don't know, both the penalties called against him were laughably bad.

Here's what I don't get. The QB has time. The running game is working. Why can't either QB complete (or even attempt) a long pass? I think the "bomb" is overrated but how about a pass that is 20 yards in the air? Do such plays exist? Are the WRs blanketed?

I am not sure if the WRs aren't getting open but I know there was one 2nd and short where the safety showed blitz and Evans was 1 on 1--it would have been a great time to check out of the play and try a deep shot. Instead, 5 yard pass to Shouman.

I HATE this offense and hate is not too strong of a word.

Preston's 2 penalties were awesome. Strange thing is: he's not anywhere near as bad as Fowler.

Edwards was awful. JP was better but still JP (taking bad sacks). I don't know why they ever stopped running.

Never !!! I have had the wait and see attitude for 10 seasons and running. SEE. Da Big Man predictions early in the preseason. I agree with him. :sick:

10 whole years, eh?

Try doing this for 30 years (and I'm nowhere close to others here). I have never said in any way that I'm done with this team. I still believe...and I'll take that to my grave.

Another thing that bothers me as I hang up any chance at the playoffs: Why doesn't anyone ever help Lynch up after a run? He NEVER EVER gets a hand up from a lineman. I see that as both lazy lineman and lack of team cohesion. Stupid observation but it bugs me. Enjoy the next 4 games. The season is over. Goddamnit.

If Jeff Fisher was here,Lynch and Jackson would be the best pair of backs in football and Edwards would be a better QB. Fisher would put less pressure on him being a second year QB.

Its been 10 years since "Bills" were in playoffs and longer since they won a playoff game. I have supporte this team for many years and bleed Red, White and Blue. Enough is enough.Please Ralph sell the team. Find a buyer, make a ton of money to give to your family and if our beloved "Bills" move they move. Watching the product this organization puts out is painful.

In short, this season ended as an embarrassment. Coming into the season the Bills were probably a year or two away in terms of talent. But, as this season ends we look even worse. I'm not sure if we took a step back or if we didn't take any steps at all, but it is sad nonetheless.

It starts at the top and trickles all the way down from the owner, to the coaches, to the players. But the blatant "suck" of this team has made the whole organization stink. Call me a bad fan or whatever. I am loyal enough to watch the Bills no matter their record. But enough is enough.

I'm going to try denial. I'll let you know if it works.

Of course not. It's not his fault, never is. I don't buy the groin injury. He just looked bad.

It will be interesting to see if Trent is truthful about his "injury" in the postgame sessions. We all know that Jauron used the injury card so that he couldn't get called out if and when Losman sucked in the second half (and/or to salve TE's brittle psyche for getting pulled). I'm not buying it and no one else should either. Horrific decision all around. Like him or not, Trent is the future of the franchise at QB, so benching him does him no good confidence-wise. If Losman had done well, what then? Ride the hot hand as far as he'll take you (not likely to be the playoffs), watch him leave in FA and then go back to the guy you've dumped? Complete crap all around--what a f-ing joke.....

My "auto response" on this point....